Sword DPS

Shiyo.3578

This melee focused weapon is still less DPS than a 900 range weapon(Scepter). The recent buffs did not change this. Could sword be buffed even further, please? It should be doing more damage than a ranged weapon.

I really like sword, and in general melee weapons are intended to do more damage than ranged weapons as there's a risk/reward factor.

I suggest buffing it's auto's, 2 damage, and 3 damage in PvE only even further. Please consider making this weapon stronger, thank you.

There is no bigger risk with short range weapons. And the "nature" of encounters forces you to be in melee range because of boonsharing and healing amyway. If you stay at range and dont move with other party members you are actually more likely to die since you will likely miss aegis, prot, regen, healing etc etc

Also, sword three is a range attack

@"kasoki.5180" said:There is no bigger risk with short range weapons. And the "nature" of encounters forces you to be in melee range because of boonsharing and healing amyway. If you stay at range and dont move with other party members you are actually more likely to die since you will likely miss aegis, prot, regen, healing etc etc

Also, sword three is a range attackScepter does 100% of it's DPS at range.

I do not think sword is bad in any game mode, but it is outdpsed in all PvE content. GS has much better cleave. Scepter is better single target. Axe is better condition. It is not far off from any of the other weapons (like mace, LB and hammer) and it offers good mobility tool.

I think a slight buff to AA with buff to sword 3 could make it an alternative to GS, scepter or axe in PvE.

IMO, sword is still good in condi build. I am currently playing sword/torch, and scepter/focus with a core build.I am not a fanboy of GS and I really like guardian offhand.Even with power build, teleport and missile block are good utilities that can justify less dps than scepter.

I use sword/torch scepter/focus also myself but on a FB hybrid build but I don't use any of the Mantras.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7dnkICdDhVBBmDB8DhF+Bbfj+RPpXlr+0IALAMD+TA-jphIQBG8BAAgDCg/OCAH8EAIvyA6b/BA

It's not prefect but it suits my play style with high mobility and sustain and I haven't really been satisfied with the usefulness of the Mantras in PvP when you need to quickly respond after you respawn and it's easy to forget to redo your Mantras so this works.