[Spoilers] Almorra?

Khanco.1584

I haven't seen this topic brought up in any threads yet, so I figured I'd say something. But where's the closure for Almorra? She's one of my favorite side characters so I was happy to see she'd survived the battle from last episode to have one last stab at Kralk. As soon as I loaded into the airship in the prologue the first thing I did was go looking for her to hear how she felt after finally accomplishing her goal after so many years, but she wasn't anywhere on board. This was strange, I thought. I had honestly been expecting her to perform a heroic sacrifice at some point during the story so maybe something had happened during the final boss of the meta event in Dragonfall? Yet after completing a run I couldn't find her there either.

Am I missing something? I get that there were a lot of characters to keep track of this season but if anyone deserves some closure with the death of Kralk it's the character who's been gunning for him since we first met her in Vanilla. I'd argue that she deserved it more that Zaeim or Zafirah who were really only there out of circumstance more than anything, yet they got their own little finales and she didn't

Almorra shows up in the meta iirc, and she was part of the crew attacking Kralkatorrik during the final instance. She got her closure, even if we do not witness it firsthand with dialogue.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:I can see the next episode starting with some kind of grand celebration kind of like how the core story ended. She will probably be there.

Along with an updated rendition of "Fear Not This Night".

Please no. I'm tired of that being the go to song. We had some beautiful songs added with All or Nothing for Aurene, we don't need to keep borrowing the Pale Tree's song over and over and over.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Almorra shows up in the meta iirc, and she was part of the crew attacking Kralkatorrik during the final instance. She got her closure, even if we do not witness it firsthand with dialogue.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:I can see the next episode starting with some kind of grand celebration kind of like how the core story ended. She will probably be there.

Please no. I'm tired of that being the go to song. We had some beautiful songs added with All or Nothing for Aurene, we don't need to keep borrowing the Pale Tree's song over and over and over.

Spoil Sport :p

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Almorra shows up in the meta iirc, and she was part of the crew attacking Kralkatorrik during the final instance. She got her closure, even if we do not witness it firsthand with dialogue.

Wasnt there a new version of the Aurene theme song in the works with the same singer who sang Fear not this night?

We had a teaser some time ago.

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:Wait a sec, where else has it been used outside the old gamescon trailer and the epilogue for Victory or Death?

Ending for Heart of Thorns uses a non-vocal version of Fear Not This Night, and the elevator music in The Grove uses the piano version as well. Then there's the "dark remix" version made for A Bug in the System.

But mostly it just gets requested all the damn time.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:Wait a sec, where else has it been used outside the old gamescon trailer and the epilogue for Victory or Death?

Ending for Heart of Thorns uses a non-vocal version of Fear Not This Night, and the elevator music in The Grove uses the piano version as well. Then there's the "dark remix" version made for A Bug in the System.

But mostly it just gets requested
all the kitten time.

What can I say dude, its a good song.

@Khanco.1584 said:I haven't seen this topic brought up in any threads yet, so I figured I'd say something. But where's the closure for Almorra? She's one of my favorite side characters so I was happy to see she'd survived the battle from last episode to have one last stab at Kralk. As soon as I loaded into the airship in the prologue the first thing I did was go looking for her to hear how she felt after finally accomplishing her goal after so many years, but she wasn't anywhere on board. This was strange, I thought. I had honestly been expecting her to perform a heroic sacrifice at some point during the story so maybe something had happened during the final boss of the meta event in Dragonfall? Yet after completing a run I couldn't find her there either.

Am I missing something? I get that there were a lot of characters to keep track of this season but if anyone deserves some closure with the death of Kralk it's the character who's been gunning for him since we first met her in Vanilla. I'd argue that she deserved it more that Zaeim or Zafirah who were really only there out of circumstance more than anything, yet they got their own little finales and she didn't

Well it seems that the threat of the Elder Dragon has been averted and if ArenaNet is no longer going to write about them, they could probably focus on addressing closure, not only for Almorra, but for each Order since all of them were formed to combat the Elder Dragon. I have been waiting for a story like this since each Order's story is a bit shallow and almost like a prop. I want the Order of Whispers to address me as a member, for example, instead of some generic commander. My human noble and Lord Faren don't even know each other which really bugs me.

Well it seems that the threat of the Elder Dragon has been averted and if ArenaNet is no longer going to write about them, they could probably focus on addressing closure, not only for Almorra, but for each Order since all of them were formed to combat the Elder Dragon. I have been waiting for a story like this since each Order's story is a bit shallow and almost like a prop. I want the Order of Whispers to address me as a member, for example, instead of some generic commander. My human noble and Lord Faren don't even know each other which really bugs me.

Doubt we'll get anymore Order storylines since the PC pretty much quit the Pact/Orders after HoT/LWS3 and Logan became the one in charge of the Orders.

What I would like is for DW to get together and be an actual team. Right now it feels like half of the guild is off doing their own thing or has zero dialogue/input (Canach in War Eternal, Rox in earlier episodes this season) during each episode when we actually need them. For example, where were Kas and Jory during the entire Kralk battle during this episode and why were they reduced to a random evacuation role that anyone else could have taken (Koss(an), Zalambur, and/or some other Elonian leaders) during the fight last episode, when they could have been of much better use in combat with the rest of the guild?