The End; Salt on the Wound Achievement impossible ? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

The End; Salt on the Wound Achievement impossible ?

2>

Comments

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2019

    Eu aswell should be online in about and hour working graveyard shift.
    Havent done it yet myself and might aswell get it over with.

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @hugo.4705 said:
    I've tried it for the eleventh time. Still not able to do it. Even with a player boosting me. I'm not a reptile. And the fact that each wound isn't breaking after 3 shots is annoying, I don't have thunderbolts reflexes and I struggle with targeting. Even targeted skills. Have to click then reclick where I want to shoot even when it's set on automatic in my case, now imagine a very fast flight near a dragon where I need to reclick in every beige target to turn them red before clicking skill 1 to shoot. I miss half of targets. What is the most annoying is that for dragonfall mastery, that is the only achievements left.

    go in with a full group?

    Good suggestion. Through everytime I ask in LA for help in map chat or put myself on lfg, nobody came/answered. It's okay, surely they are enjoying the new content.

    Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @hugo.4705 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @hugo.4705 said:
    I've tried it for the eleventh time. Still not able to do it. Even with a player boosting me. I'm not a reptile. And the fact that each wound isn't breaking after 3 shots is annoying, I don't have thunderbolts reflexes and I struggle with targeting. Even targeted skills. Have to click then reclick where I want to shoot even when it's set on automatic in my case, now imagine a very fast flight near a dragon where I need to reclick in every beige target to turn them red before clicking skill 1 to shoot. I miss half of targets. What is the most annoying is that for dragonfall mastery, that is the only achievements left.

    go in with a full group?

    Good suggestion. Through everytime I ask in LA for help in map chat or put myself on lfg, nobody came/answered. It's okay, surely they are enjoying the new content.

    How about 1 of the 5 guilds you should/can be in?

  • @Zoe.8310 said:
    I didn't say it was impossible, I said it's a bloody nightmare

    There are a number of achievements/HP/collections/etc in the game that are very much in the territory of, "I have more fun hunting smokescales on a core thief."

    The Commander will end you.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

    @Zoe.8310 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Zoe.8310 said:
    This achievement is a NIGHTMARE solo....

    They really should make required achievements soloable :-\

    And targeting the weakpoints is horrible. None of the targeting hotkeys work on him, and trying to manually click within that tiny window of time is just ridiculous

    It is soloable.

    Thanks for the curt reply... I didn't say it was impossible, I said it's a bloody nightmare

    It was a response to the very next line of your post where you said they should really make required achievements soloable. That statement is implying that it's not.

    @Zoe.8310 said:
    This achievement is a NIGHTMARE solo....

    They really should make required achievements soloable :-\

    And targeting the weakpoints is horrible. None of the targeting hotkeys work on him, and trying to manually click within that tiny window of time is just ridiculous

  • I had the same problem before and was reading and checking some video. I got my achievement solo after 2 run.
    I found out that you need to spam immediately before the phase to attack his weak points started, Aurene will begin to speak so you know the phase is starting.
    If you are in europe zone, can help you at 5 PM UTC time, just mail me.

  • Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

    It is possible to get this achieve solo, but it is much easier with a friend or two. The main advantage of being in a party is that they have a special buff they can apply to you that increases your damage by 50%, allowing you to destroy weak spots in just 2 shots rather than 3. The buff only lasts for about 20 or so seconds, so if you want it constantly on you, you'll need to get your friends to stagger their skill use on you.

    Secondly, don't try to aim for the closest weak spot to you; it's a trap. (This is especially the case in the 2nd phase.) You won't be able to destroy the weak spot closest to you in time before it moves out of range and becomes untargetable. Instead, aim for a weak spot 1 or 2 spots ahead, and click to select a new target as soon as your 2nd (or 3rd, depending on whether you're solo or with a group) shot is released.

  • Giotto.2607Giotto.2607 Member ✭✭

    I cant get get this achievement after 8 tries. Gave up and playing wvw for the corsair boot. A lot easier!

  • Farson.5730Farson.5730 Member
    edited July 16, 2020

    Finally got around to going after this achievement. Not a slam dunk to solo but I managed to get it after about a dozen tries and using the pointers provided above (thanks!). I think I was too panicked the first six times through so I kept moving to the next target too early. Slowing down the targeting and mashing the 1 button helps. Also seems to be required to get at least 3 or probably 4 of them destroyed in the first phase. I got better at the early targets which seemed to push me to the 10 total. Agree with all those who commented on the counter. Would have been nice to include a count so you could track what was working vs. not working as far as targeting.

    Good luck to all! It is possible to solo!

  • Orminis.6983Orminis.6983 Member
    edited July 30, 2020

    I just constantly have miss miss miss miss miss miss .... on 2nd phase after passing the backbones I can not target or shoot anymore weak points. I have no idea what the hell is going on but this is total s h i t .

  • Critical Lag.9075Critical Lag.9075 Member ✭✭✭

    @Orminis.6983 said:
    I just constantly have miss miss miss miss miss miss .... on 2nd phase after passing the backbones I can not target or shoot anymore weak points. I have no idea what the hell is going on but this is total s h i t .

    I've been doing some achies now and I have same problem. After passing his left wing I get "no line of sight" with every single point on the right wing.

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

    After all the passed time, still not have that achiev and the episode mastery. It's either it's obstructed, it has been hit 2 times and require 3-4 or as said above no line of sight... there are players preferring to do story alone, and it's a very big backstab from you anet to the playerbase.

    You upgraded skyscale collection by making it friendly to players with motor issues. Can't you do the same about that achiev? I don't have buzz lightyear reflexes.

    I did try to do it with others over time, but even by boosting me, I'm too slow..... make the others dhooting orbs too or make it scales based on number of players, should require only 3 hit per wound if alone.

    Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

  • Some time ago I complained about some Achievements that are hidden behind some group event. If the event has good rewards, you can find many groups even 1 year after the release. However, there are many ones that give no rewards at all, and if you don´t complete it in the first 2 weeks, good luck in finding someone to help.
    The achievement cited in this post is one good example. Try lfg and you are very lucky if someone joins you in 2h.

  • Algreg.3629Algreg.3629 Member ✭✭✭

    prolly some luck involved, but did it in 3rd try. and was actually quite intimated by all the complaints I read while I took a break when the episode was released. Just like in the case of Eater of Souls, most difficulty complaints are grossly exaggerated around here.

  • Critical Lag.9075Critical Lag.9075 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

    I've finished achievment today. I made LFG and gathered 3 other people.

    I have no idea how it worked because the damage to Kralk seemed similiar to when I was doing it solo, we couldn't target and destroy anything on right wing either but we still got achievment in the end.

    My tip for anyone else who is struggling with it, just get some other people to help. It's far better that doing this solo. Post LFG in Dragonfall category and someone will join sooner or later.

    Overall it's awful achievment, even more so for being mandatory for dragonfall META Achiev. I rate it -1000/10

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Coelho Nat.4697 said:
    Some time ago I complained about some Achievements that are hidden behind some group event. If the event has good rewards, you can find many groups even 1 year after the release. However, there are many ones that give no rewards at all, and if you don´t complete it in the first 2 weeks, good luck in finding someone to help.
    The achievement cited in this post is one good example. Try lfg and you are very lucky if someone joins you in 2h.

    The achievement can be done solo so not really a good example.

  • @Critical Lag.9075 said:

    @Orminis.6983 said:
    I just constantly have miss miss miss miss miss miss .... on 2nd phase after passing the backbones I can not target or shoot anymore weak points. I have no idea what the hell is going on but this is total s h i t .

    I've been doing some achies now and I have same problem. After passing his left wing I get "no line of sight" with every single point on the right wing.

    I have same problem as missing and no line of sight.

  • I've tried this achievement about 20 times now. The issue is that his weak spots seem to go out of LOS, or my shots miss, much more often than videos on YouTube would suggest. For example, during the second phase, the weak spots on his right wing go out of LOS almost immediately after Aurene flies past his spine. Another example is the weak spots at the end of his tail during the first phase; I cannot hit those until I am super far away.

    I've also had multiple instances where my shots will destroy weak points that I didn't target, almost as if the shots are freely aimed rather than homing/targeted.

    Has anyone else experienced this?

  • I recorded a video demonstrating the bugginess of this: (apologies for the mouse/keyboard sounds) - I target a weak spot in front of me, making sure it's not the first one as suggested by some, and it doesn't get damaged until about halfway through (I keep the combat log open to see when exactly I deal damage). The first few shots pretty much go right through him and have no effect.

    The problem is that this happens for every weak point I try; none of them can be hit until I'm about halfway through the first phase. That means that I basically don't have enough of a window to destroy enough of them.

  • Critical Lag.9075Critical Lag.9075 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2020

    Doing this in party seems to be the only way right now. I had similiar experience like you. Got 3 other people to do this achievment and we got it first try. Even when similiar issues happened in party (no LoS, misses), the damage was much higher and splash damage got more points than in solo.