Are new mobs properly scaled for players? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are new mobs properly scaled for players?

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 16, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

In the newest LS the created mobs have either massive barrier (as large as half health of a Veteran mob) and healing Monk or Abyssal Specter multiple stacking AOE drops that rapidly stack Torment, Burning, and Confusion (the highest damage conditions no less than 4 stacks on initial hit). Add to this they have easily four to eight adds that are generated in the fight with varying degrees of above ability including knockdown, imob, and so on. Do you feel they are adequately scaled or overtuned to all professions, ie. Engineer, Ranger, and so on?

Sorry can't add questions and can't delete it, please can Anet remove this.

Are new mobs properly scaled for players? 6 votes

Yes the mobs in game are always too weak, I can smoke them with any profession.
50%
Linken.6345Edge.8724MoriMoriMori.5349 3 votes
Yes the difficulty is, even though there are professions I can't defeat them with.
50%
Worlds.7530Musaroxy.2874Skiravor.1257 3 votes

Comments

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes the mobs in game are always too weak, I can smoke them with any profession.

I voted "Yes" but there are some places I avoid alone like the upper area of the centaur camp in Lake Doric.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are. Don't ignore their mechanics. That healing comes from the mobs around them and is very similar to the way the last boss in the Istan meta functions. The barrier on the priest mobs isn't new either. Break the breakbar. Though many events will certainly scale up a bit because of players in the area they might be a bit stronger than expected.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.