Black Lion Keys and Transmutation Charges temporary removed from Map-Completion Rewards

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like players exploited the Teleport to Friend Item and Map completion Bloodstone Fen with a lvl 1 char.So they could disable the Item or just remove the key/charge from Bloodstone Fen.

but no because gw2 devs only have hammers to fix things. srsly from developer to developer. Thats just a very bad solution.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:Seems like players exploited the Teleport to Friend Item and Map completion Bloodstone Fen with a lvl 1 char.So they could disable the Item or just remove the key/charge from Bloodstone Fen.

but no because gw2 devs only have hammers to fix things. srsly from developer to developer. Thats just a very bad solution.

They couldn't. Not everyone would have opened the chests yet, so they disabled one feature instead of two.

And it's temporary, not permanent.

I'm sure it will be "only temporary", just like income tax.:-)

I'm very unhappy about finding out things like this by playing the game instead of it being posted in "What's new" or something more obvious.

I still remember playing an elemental and I was not healing when I cast a spell, but at least that time I just the message "this content has been disabled"

I think you disabling them for map completion is wrong, there is nothing wrong with the keys and charges nor how they are normally acquired. You should disable the item that caused the problem please. Those of us that dont exploit are being punished because now we cant get charges or the chance at a key. Disable the problem not the charges. Another thing you didnt disable the other map completion rewards and they were spamming those also, why not disable those too?

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:The infinite teleport to friend just needs a level 80 requirement. That would be inconvenient for a little bit, but it'll allow people to experience the game as it was intended while leveling anyway. And the exploit will be closed up that way.

Yeah but thats my point, that the keys arent a problem there are plenty of us working map completion that dont own the teleport. So we get punished instead of disabling the item that caused the problem in the first place.

@Tremor.7481 said:I'm just hearing not play on new maps until this gets settled. Transmutation charges and keys are the rewards I really like.

Yeah i am the same, im not buying lootbox keys or cosmetic charges from the shop. I will get them ingame or not at all. I am not going to buy them and gamble with real money. The point is the teleport is the cause of this, no need to stop the rest of the players from doing map completion for charges when you can disable the offending device.

How was this exploit a thing with a 1hr timer on the character? Was it just a matter of "it can be done so we'll do it" in that with the infinite TP it didn't cost them anything beyond the initial gem fee so why not? I.e. they actually waited out the hour each time to TP the same character over and over? With keys dropping only ~25-33% of the time from map comp this still seems like an incredibly inefficient "exploit" even for a small map like BF. Unless they found a way to clear the timer rather than wait it out, it's faster to just do map comp in Queensdale (I can do it in about 45m) or Plains of Ashford (in about 1 hr) with a fresh character. Maybe I'm just missing something the way ANet missed it. Can't think like an exploiter unless you're an exploiter I guess.

@Zuldari.3940 said:Did they say how long they will be disabled? Im holding off playing because im about to map complete.

Should be fixed now, as long as character is L80.

On Living World maps, characters under level 80 no longer have a chance to receive a Black Lion Chest Key as part of their map completion rewards.

Update: not fixed; they appear to have also prevented L80s from getting the chance for a key|xmute; see below.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Zuldari.3940 said:Did they say how long they will be disabled? Im holding off playing because im about to map complete.

Should be fixed now, as long as character is L80.

On Living World maps, characters under level 80 no longer have a chance to receive a Black Lion Chest Key as part of their map completion rewards.

Whoa what about transmute charges? and was it always this way? Couldnt any level get a key as a possible reward before, i swear i did last year on a level40 something