Should mount be downscaled just like your level?

Jabari.7026

Downscaling mounts in low level areas just like your level.When I do map completion and go to a low level area I feel totally over powered with my mount, often it’s a one shot kill. Yes it’s nice to be done with it fast but there is no joy in the long terms.I’m pretty sure this will be an unpopular thought of mine. But we’ll see what you guys think. Should mount be downscaled just like your level?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Lambent.6375 said:There 1 attack should be down scaled but not their speed

Why would their speed scale down? Your player speed doesn't scale down when you are downleveled

Was just making sure OP was just talking about fights when he said, "yes it's nice to be done with it fast." And not map completion or something

How do you people keep finding stuff to complain about, gosh? Of course I want to feel overpowered in low level maps! And downscaling still works on your character so the long fights stay the same. One-shot with a mount is epic! Don’t change please.

Yes, the damage should be downscaled like everything else in the game. But we should try to remember that PoF has only been out for a few weeks, meaning changes to that won't be made right away. Issues such as disconnects and genuine bugs/glitches are always handled first. Then the balancing changes can be tackled.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Lambent.6375 said:There 1 attack should be down scaled but not their speed

Why would their speed scale down? Your player speed doesn't scale down when you are downleveled

qq q+> @FOX.3582 said:

How do you people keep finding stuff to complain about, gosh? Of course I want to feel overpowered in low level maps! And downscaling still works on your character so the long fights stay the same. One-shot with a mount is epic! Don’t change please.

Im not sure what is, "epic," about fighting foes so much weaker than yourself that you can one shot groups of them. Seems like the antithesis of epic to me.

@Arzurag.7506 said:I´m really astonished that they aren´t included in the respective downscaling.

They are included in downscaling, you can see this easily if you go to any lower level area, both your mounts health and their damage is scaled down. Perhaps the OP meant they should be downscaled _more _severely?

As for speed, no, that should never be "downscaled".

I have enjoyed mounts. But the bad side effect is that it changes player behavior. I would like to see a few things change:

1. Mounts should scale down damage in old world (or have them do no damage at all)
  2. Mounts should have less health
  3. Mounts should NOT protect you from 100% of fall damage. That's just silly.
  4. Talking to NPCs should not dismount you (unless it's at a bank / TP / merchant / important story point / etc)

@VaaCrow.3076 said:No, if im doing map for the 5th time i want it done as quick as possible, mount dismount abilities aid in that, no thx go away.

Compared to the person doing the map for their first time, enjoying it, only to get an entire mob one-shot squashed by your raptor. You're still able to run the map super fast without killing it for somebody else.

Archived