How do I deal with breakbars?

SabreWolf.4537

Hey guys, fairly new player here trying to figure out how to deal with breakbars. I read a few guides that say Staff is the king of breakbars; took me a while to figure out that staff was recently changed and it's 2 doesn't do breakbar "damage" anymore? As a Sword/Sword+Staff Herald how do I 'break' breakbars now?

Staff 5 is truly your best friend for that. It does an insane amount of breakbar damage. I am assuming you are playing Shiro & Glint together, so use your Glint Elite (Chaotic Release). It is on a 20 second cooldown in PvE so makes it a fantastic source of CC. Beyond that, I believe Elemental Blast does just a wee bit because of the chill and some of your weapon skills will damage breakbars a slight bit as well (sword 2, sword 4, sword 5, staff 2) because of chill, immob, slow, and weakness. You also have Jade Winds, your Shiro Elite, but seeing as how it costs 50 energy, you probably do not want to use it as a frequent source of breakbar damage.

@"SabreWolf.4537" said:Hey guys, fairly new player here trying to figure out how to deal with breakbars. I read a few guides that say Staff is the king of breakbars; took me a while to figure out that staff was recently changed and it's 2 doesn't do breakbar "damage" anymore? As a Sword/Sword+Staff Herald how do I 'break' breakbars now?

Technically staff 2 does do breakbar damage via Weakness (20/second)... Granted, that's not a lot, but it can be just what you need sometimes to finish off a breakbar without burning another consumable on like Artsariiv's split phase or something.