(Possible spoiler) Question regarding third Skyscale collection:

Is this intended that I can only feed 3 pieces of Skyscale food or is this a bug?I've done everything in the collection for now including treats and toys but there's one sub collection currently stalling as I can't seem to feed it more than 3 pieces for now. I know it says in the collection that you can only feed it 3 per day. But why are there players who already completed the entire collection if the feeding is timegated as well? I've heard that some were saying that they finished it and are now waiting for collection 4 to unlock. How is this possible then?Just something that bothers me.Anyways, I hope everyone's enjoying the new content despite the outrage and that all of you have a nice day/evening/whatever.

PS: please keep this thread peaceful and be kind to eachother. I know you're upset about the timegated stuff but keep in mind that it's just a game and that you don't have to do it if you don't want.

Thanks, good to know. My concern raised as I've seen people complaining about something Arenanet had adverstised from a Youtuber who made a guide for the Skyscale like "...he can buy everything because he's rich..." or "...he probably completed the collections already because Arenanet favors certain players than the rest just like they did with when ´there were disconnects but streamers didn't seem to have any trouble at all or when wvW was full but streamers got in without queues anyways..."This did upset me quite much because I don't know if there are actually fabored players which the Devs give early access to.

I could only start the third collection today as I couldn't even do collection one at day one due to having an appointment the next day for which I had to hit the bed earlier than usual causing me to only finish the story and map exploring for 2 and a half hours since the release was 6 PM my time. I was afraid that I would be much more behind of the majority of the playerbase due to this time problem. I hate it when everyone is far more ahead of me and show off stuff which in return make me feel like I'm bad even if I'm a veteran. I always want to impress and be looked at as every other veteran too even if I'm not actively particpating in stuff like raids anymore since wing 2 came out and the guild from that time becoming inactive and later leaving the game for good. Maybe it's all just my anxiety causing me too much trouble there but I always fear of being judged or that everyone watches my every step just to tell me I'm not 100% perfect and bad at everything. That's why I try to always show off the newest, shiniest and most prestiege stuff like everyone else does. Just as a side note...

@"Cynder.2509" said:Thanks, good to know. My concern raised as I've seen people complaining about something Arenanet had adverstised from a Youtuber who made a guide for the Skyscale like "...he can buy everything because he's rich..." or "...he probably completed the collections already because Arenanet favors certain players than the rest just like they did with when ´there were disconnects but streamers didn't seem to have any trouble at all or when wvW was full but streamers got in without queues anyways..."This did upset me quite much because I don't know if there are actually fabored players which the Devs give early access to.

There is some players who get to participate in beta content (on closed servers, nothing on live) but those players are under strict non disclosure agreements. It is possible that footage from the beta build make it into guides post launch of a patch.

As to the total cost, I can only give details to what is possible so far. The vast majority is collections and some events here and there.

@"Cynder.2509" said:

I could only start the third collection today as I couldn't even do collection one at day one due to having an appointment the next day for which I had to hit the bed earlier than usual causing me to only finish the story and map exploring for 2 and a half hours since the release was 6 PM my time. I was afraid that I would be much more behind of the majority of the playerbase due to this time problem. I hate it when everyone is far more ahead of me and show off stuff which in return make me feel like I'm bad even if I'm a veteran. I always want to impress and be looked at as every other veteran too even if I'm not actively particpating in stuff like raids anymore since wing 2 came out and the guild from that time becoming inactive and later leaving the game for good. Maybe it's all just my anxiety causing me too much trouble there but I always fear of being judged or that everyone watches my every step just to tell me I'm not 100% perfect and bad at everything. That's why I try to always show off the newest, shiniest and most prestiege stuff like everyone else does. Just as a side note...

Honestly, I think the "vast majority" of the player base is just now finishing up the story and experiencing the new map. The people you are comparing yourself to are hardcore gamers who rush through the content (nothing wrong with that if you have the time and desire). Let's face it though, we are looking at minimum 3 months until the next world episode, does it matter that much if you have the new mount 5 days or 20 days in? I wouldn't worry to much about this. The nice thing about GW2: there is no rush for this type of content.

The only issue one could consider is: map activity dying down and events and achievements becoming more challenging to complete. Given that the new map is very lucrative, very well made, new and probably for a long time the go-to place for players for new content, not an issue for the near future.