The New mount

@Faaris.8013 said:I highly recommend to do these collections as fast as possible. You don't want to be the only one in a month or so, trying to get hhelp and a group.

TONS of people will be waiting that long. because tons of people have LIVES and most of these collections take a lot of time just purely out of travel and conditions in the maps

Quite simply , this is an "content extension" thing that people are pretty pissed about, The timegate (should we refer to this as scalegate?) was poorly implemented and the hours to complete for the new mount is .. in short.. STUPID They have taken a page from WOW now and it .. sucks.

They need to fix this, But they won't because they are hamstrung with internal problems and new management.

HEY ANET, THE EASIER YOU MAKE IT FOR US TO GET THE NEW MOUNT, THE EASIER IT WILL BE TO SELL US THE NEW SKINS FOR IT!
SERIOUSLY .. DON'T YOU LIKE MONEY?

As it is.. I am not bothering to get this one. I have a life and family .

@"Solion.9658" said:Quite simply , this is an "content extension" thing that people are pretty pissed about, The timegate (should we refer to this as scalegate?) was poorly implemented and the hours to complete for the new mount is .. in short.. STUPID They have taken a page from WOW now and it .. sucks.

They need to fix this, But they won't because they are hamstrung with internal problems and new management.

HEY ANET, THE EASIER YOU MAKE IT FOR US TO GET THE NEW MOUNT, THE EASIER IT WILL BE TO SELL US THE NEW SKINS FOR IT!

SERIOUSLY .. DON'T YOU LIKE MONEY?

As it is.. I am not bothering to get this one. I have a life and family .

I think the new mount is meant to be a gradual one to get? You can spend thirty minutes per day and once one collection is done, just wait for the next day and continue for the new collection. It encourages casual players to log back in I guess. But that's the wrong thread to discuss that. You may want to continue that discussion here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76448/merged-about-the-skyscale-timegate#latest as it is way more appropriate Imo!

Assuming he's counted correctly (bearing in mind that_sharman posts based on data mining, and looking at data out of context can sometimes be confusing) that means there are 247 items to collect, which is very different to 247 collections.

It would be like saying you have to complete 132 collections for the griffon mount. You don't, but there are 132 items in the 8 collections you do need to do. But even that is somewhat inaccurate because the Open Skies: Sunspear Sanctuary achievement is an overview for the others, so all you need to do is return to the Sanctuary after completing the other collections.

It's the same with the Skyscale collection - just speaking to Gorrik to unlock the collection gives you the first item, and I think the latesr stages are the same - unlocking it gives you the first item (although I haven't got that far yet).

@DigiQWill.6378 said:I do not understand. How could you possibly know what achievements are to be done, @Nightcore.5621 , if no one in the whole game has access to Troublesome Skyscales, even less to Riding Skyscales?

thatshaman and some others online work from data mining. That's how.

At this point with the Skyscale, I'm feeling very discouraged, not inspired.

More dumb content. Seriously ANet, start tending to what matters. A flying mount, that in my view renders the Griffon obsolete. What was the point of it again, if you added this? And time-gated it?

EDIT: oh, right, skins. Sorry I forgot. You're desperate to make money by adding what would normally be not needed, because who cares about Quality of Life improvements that could bring back many customers (I'm not gonna use the word players because customers, and this is a business, and they probably listen to proper terminology) who have left because the game is bloated and the things that bloat it also break it in terms of balance, and while this perhaps may not be felt in PvE, it sure is felt everywhere else, and on top of that there are many bugs that need fixing that are not a priority because a bugfix doesn't generate revenue, right?