Is now the time that GW2 ends new production?

I noticed yesterday that GuildMag has closed up shop and that made me think that if GW2 was going to end , now would be the time to do it. Eurene has ascended , the storyline is at perfect closing point, and Skyscale (receiving your own Dragon) is like the perfect final mount in the Fantasy genre. There are some things one could point to that would make some believe that more is there to build on but really they are all side items and bit parts. Just a random thought after seeing the timegated way Skyscale was produced and the end of the season!

Anet recently shut down most of their side projects and fired a lot of people who worked on those projects. If they don't keep Gw2 going for at least another 2-3 years so they can develop other products they'll go bankrupt. It would be in their worst interest to stop gw2 development now.

From www.guildmag.com :

With that said, the team isn’t done producing content. Although GuildMag is ending, many of the team behind it have decided to continue under a new name and new site. While we can’t share any details of this just yet, stay tuned for an announcement on our social media profiles after the end of Season 4.

It would be nice to actually read before jumping to conclusions.Change doesn't mean something ends, it is just a new beginning. A lot has changed at Arenanet. That doesn't mean the end, just a new beginning. This is also very perfectly in line with the content of the latest episode

@"Terc.5736" said:I noticed yesterday that GuildMag has closed up shop and that made me think that if GW2 was going to end , now would be the time to do it.

Are you serious or are you just trying to provoke another panic reaction? ;)

The devs have clearly shown that GW2 is nowhere "near to end", but that - on the contrary - it is finally coming back to life. It was about time, too! Can't wait for high-quality future content. :)

@mercury ranique.2170 said:From www.guildmag.com :

With that said, the team isn’t done producing content. Although GuildMag is ending, many of the team behind it have decided to continue under a new name and new site. While we can’t share any details of this just yet, stay tuned for an announcement on our social media profiles after the end of Season 4.

It would be nice to actually read before jumping to conclusions.Change doesn't mean something ends, it is just a new beginning. A lot has changed at Arenanet. That doesn't mean the end, just a new beginning. This is also very perfectly in line with the content of the latest episode

I thought Guild Mag was an unofficial fanzine and not actually anything to do with Arenanet. Or am I thinking of something else?

There's still too much story to tell in the series for them to quit now:-Cantha is an entire new region to work with that could be integrated with the next expansion-The mystery of the sea dragon is completely untold. We don't even know its full name yet. We also have to face the effects of upsetting the balance of magic by killing some of the elder dragons, along with what chaos Kralky has inflicted on the mists. Also, Primordus and Jormag are not dead, they are just dormant. Who knows when they will next wake, but their inevitable threat should not be forgotten.-Speaking of, all sorts of additional threats may be found in the mists. Kralkatorrik's bungling through it may have put Tyria's blip on the radar of larger threats than any elder dragon.-The threat of the elder dragons was enough to get the races and organizations of Tyria to work together, however reluctantly. Without a prime threat to keep them that way, divisions could once again drive a wedge between factions. We could be looking at the dawning of.....the 2nd Guild Wars.

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:Anet recently shut down most of their side projects and fired a lot of people who worked on those projects. If they don't keep Gw2 going for at least another 2-3 years so they can develop other products they'll go bankrupt. It would be in their worst interest to stop gw2 development now.

some of those people didnt get fired. they came BACK to guild wars 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

I'd like to point you in the direction of this update from Game Director Mike Zadorojny: What’s Next for Guild Wars 2. You'll find that we have no plans to stop :)

We're sad to hear that GuildMag had to close after so many years of passionate work for and from within the Guild Wars 2 community, but as Valiant said themselves it's because life sometimes calls back some of the volunteers behind these fansites.

Thank you.