Volatile magic tools now only reward 1-3 VM on a gathering node

Before last update, the volatile magic gain with the infinite tools was as follow :

• 1-3 per strike on an ore node
  • 1-3 per strike on a wood node
  • 3-9 on a harvesting node

Basically, whatever the node you were gathering, you had a total of 3-9 VM.Now, harvesting nodes only reward 1-3 for the whole node.

This change was unannounced so I believe this was unintended.However, I must say that if it IS intended, then I am pissed. This changes the whole value of tools, cutting the VM gain by 66%. This is NOT what I spent my money for.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. This message is concerning the mining tools, who were previously rewarding 3-9 PER STRIKE. This was changed due to balance reasons (all the other tools were only rewarding 1-3 per strike). My post concerns the harvesting tool, who previously (a few days ago) rewarded 3-9 for the node. This is a recent issue.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. This message is concerning the
mining tools
, who were previously rewarding 3-9 PER STRIKE. This was changed due to balance reasons (all the other tools were only rewarding 1-3 per strike). My post concerns the
harvesting tool
, who previously (a few days ago) rewarded 3-9 for the node. This is a recent issue.

Both are recent reports, within 5 weeks (and covering the major patches in that time). Both have to do with volatile magic gains from volatile magic tools. Both threads have, as their title, the phrase, "volatile magic tools." You even compare the three sorts of tools.

If I worked at ANet and was considering whether something was an intended change, an accident of another change, or a bug, I'd want to see all related reports. Which is why I posed a link to the other thread about a similar change on a similar tool within a recent period of time.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. This message is concerning the
mining tools
, who were previously rewarding 3-9 PER STRIKE. This was changed due to balance reasons (all the other tools were only rewarding 1-3 per strike). My post concerns the
harvesting tool
, who previously (a few days ago) rewarded 3-9 for the node. This is a recent issue.

Both are recent reports, within 5 weeks (and covering the major patches in that time). Both have to do with volatile magic gains from volatile magic tools. Both threads have, as their title, the phrase, "volatile magic tools." You even compare the three sorts of tools.

If I worked at ANet and was considering whether something was an intended change, an accident of another change, or a bug, I'd want to see all related reports. Which is why I posed a link to the other thread about a similar change on a similar tool within a recent period of time.

or you could consider doing a better job of putting changes into the patch notes so people don't have to guess while also adding junk to the bug reporting system.

or you could consider doing a better job of putting changes into the patch notes so people don't have to guess while also adding junk to the bug reporting system.Yes, indeed. If I wanted to reduce the number of reports in the first place, I'd make sure more details emerged.

That said, in enterprise change management, it's often impossible or at least impractical to translate more than a certain fraction of code changes to their impact on the end user.Of course, even with that in mind, I can't really imagine how this change (if it was intended or unintended) couldn't have been (a) intended and (b) predictable. That's sometimes the nature of massive systems.

Regardless, my point is that if we want the devs to respond or adjust or repair... it helps to make it easy on them. Provide them with all the relevant details.The OP did a good job of outlining what they observed and how it was different from before. I just tried to connect dots to something that look almost identical.