Mastery point wrong location — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mastery point wrong location

Firthiros.6913Firthiros.6913 Member
edited May 17, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

When I got my mastery point at the centre of Rata Primus in the sandswept isles, the text at the mastery point says: "by reaching this point in the crystal desert , you have demonstrated your mastery in underwater exploration"

https://i.imgur.com/9yiENUI.jpg

I dont think the sandswept isles are part of the crystal desert

Comments

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

All in path of fire is considered part of the crystal desert area.

• @LucianDK.8615 said:
    All in path of fire is considered part of the crystal desert area.

Thunderhead Peaks of LS4 is mechanically part of the Shiverpeaks (for daily forager etc). However, the Chest of the Iceblown Hero (from completing that zone's dailies) rewards a sip of Desert Mastery, consistent with Lucian's point.

In other words:

• The game-mechanical "region" of a zone doesn't always match the region's lore.
    • The game-mechanics of the region aren't 100% consistent.

So it's worth it to check what the game "thinks" and it's probably worth reporting, because sometimes ANet goofs on stuff like this (although, that specific type of bug is rare).

According to the API, Sandswept Isles is part of the Crystal Desert for all mechanics, regardless of its location in lore.

tl;dr it's complicated :(

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Masteries are of 3 different types: Core, Heart of Thorns, and Path of Fire.
    Core Masteries found in Core (released) Maps (Launch and Season One and Two)
    Heart of Thorns Masteries found in Heart of Thorns Maps (HoT release and Season Three)
    Path of Fire Masteries found in Path of Fire Maps (PoF release and Season Four) It seems likely Season 5 Maps will be included with PoF, but we won't know for sure until Season Five releases.

Thus, it doesn't matter where the maps are geographically, but which Release/Expansion they are bound to (for Masteries, since Masteries are an expansion-only feature).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.