Thunderhead peak map completion now completely luck based

As predicted, now that population is down on TK, there are no longer any people porting you to the consuls tomb, so map completion now completely depends on getting a purple plate by chance. Make it so you can get the POI from outside the gate, as we have been BEGGING you to do since Episode 5 dropped. Luck should never be the block to map completion.

@LucianDK.8615 said:you do realize you can just do the story to get the poi? You go there during it. ITs not the first map element that have been dependent on story instances.

Playing an hour and a half of story just so you can access map completion on each character is not a valid solution. And this is the ONLY map where there is anything involved in map completion cannot be accessed reliably. Not saying there aren't hard to reach ones, but it's a skill base, not a luck base. The areas you can only reach in stories are not needed for map completion anywhere else.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:As predicted, now that population is down on TK, there are no longer any people porting you to the consuls tomb, so map completion now completely depends on getting a purple plate by chance. Make it so you can get the POI from outside the gate, as we have been BEGGING you to do since Episode 5 dropped. Luck should never be the block to map completion.

nobody can port you, because everybody got the same plate.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:As predicted, now that population is down on TK, there are no longer any people porting you to the consuls tomb, so map completion now completely depends on getting a purple plate by chance. Make it so you can get the POI from outside the gate, as we have been BEGGING you to do since Episode 5 dropped. Luck should never be the block to map completion.

The point is, a simple action (move the poi closer to the gate so it can be tripped from outside) can fix this completely inappropriate behavior (map can't be finished). Luck should not ever block map completion.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

The point is, a simple action (move the poi closer to the gate so it can be tripped from outside) can fix this completely inappropriate behavior (map can't be finished). Luck should not ever block map completion.

i have completed the map with 5 or 6 charcters. no problem

I did Map completion a couple of days ago and it was a total mess. As people predicted, the map has not so many players these days. I waited 90 minutes on the purple door, because I did not get the right color to enter the chamber. I asked a lot in the map if anyone, ANYONE could give me a portal. The few people just ignored me, even when I wrote to them directly.

So, you don't want to DO the story to get the map complete, but want credit for...map complete? You're one of those people that wants to just unlock all core game hearts with a gemstore purchase just to get core game map complete easier too huh? Seriously, you can either play the game or not, but stop complaining about things that are non-issues. Lord knows dev time can be better spent.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

Not exactly ... I plan to leave a mesmer at the story step so I can just go in at any time

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:So, you don't want to DO the story to get the map complete, but want credit for...map complete? You're one of those people that wants to just unlock all core game hearts with a gemstore purchase just to get core game map complete easier too huh? Seriously, you can either play the game or not, but stop complaining about things that are non-issues. Lord knows dev time can be better spent.

I did the story already, otherwise how am I on the map? I just don't want to spend an hour and a half repeating the story to get to the point where I get that one poi.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:So, you don't want to DO the story to get the map complete, but want credit for...map complete? You're one of those people that wants to just unlock all core game hearts with a gemstore purchase just to get core game map complete easier too huh? Seriously, you can either play the game or not, but stop complaining about things that are non-issues. Lord knows dev time can be better spent.

I did the story already, otherwise how am I on the map?

If you did the story, then you'd have gotten the poi. That's the point.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

Pois are character specific. This is about all my other characters with which I didn't do the story.

Pois are character specific. This is about all my other characters with which I didn't do the story.

Yes,I'm well aware. Been with the franchise since the beginning. Literally. I've also mapped THK on different toons on my main account. Want to guess how? It involves triggering the story step on my other toons. Then playing it so I can get the POI. Then I move on with my life after playing the content. Not a single mesmer port necessary.

Makes perfect sense to leave it the way it is actually. Map completion awards masses and masses are an important commodity given the diveners armor and weapons.

By the by, running alts through Dry Top is how I farmed Dry Top currency for my 1st Gen 2 Legendary and there's a POI on that map you have to wait for as well if you don't want to do the story, granted not days like with TK, but a wait none the less. I know I wasn't the only one to do this, so Anet must've made the decision to keep this POI in TK like that for a reason.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:Make it so you can get the POI from outside the gate, as we have been BEGGING you to do since Episode 5 dropped. Luck should never be the block to map completion.

I agree completely. It makes zero sense that map completition would require doing the storyline.

I wonder what are people going to suggest next, having to do PvP in order to finish the storyline? Requiring raids in order to do WvW? ;)

I must pose the question... Why does one want to complete the map multiple times in the first place? Since you are obviously not wanting to do them for completionist's sake as you play throught the story on each character. Is it for the map currency?

@LucianDK.8615 said:you do realize you can just do the story to get the poi? You go there during it. ITs not the first map element that have been dependent on story instances.

Playing an hour and a half of story just so you can access map completion on each character is not a valid solution. And this is the ONLY map where there is anything involved in map completion cannot be accessed reliably. Not saying there aren't hard to reach ones, but it's a skill base, not a luck base. The areas you can only reach in stories are not needed for map completion anywhere else.

Um .. sure it is. Why not?

How does it benefit the game or the community to leave this map, and this map only, as the only one that requires story or double-meta|gold+luck?

The OP is correct: this is the only map in the game that cannot be completed by secondary characters, without doing one of the following spending coin or doing two metas (as even completion of the dwarven area requires a key that cannot be obtained outside the TP|meta). Doing the story is not required for map completion anywhere else, although it does help in a few maps.

No other map is subject to this type of gating. The worst cases requiring specific timing (e.g. Dry Top locks one POI behind an event and blocks another during an event), with the extreme case of Dragons Stand (7 objects are locked behind the meta). None depend on luck: the objectives are available for everyone at the same time, with the same requirements.

Moreover, on previous occasions changed the requirements to fix exactly this sort of thing: Jahai no longer depends on an event completing (only that is up) and even this map was changed: the green room POI was altered to be unlocked without entering the green room.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:None depend on luck: the objectives are available for everyone at the same time, with the same requirements.

Neither this one depends on luck - doing the story will grant the POI to everyone at the one time, with the same requirement. The fact that this is the only map that "gates" completion behind the story is no better or worse than "gating" it behind a timer, an event, or other in-game mechanics - it's just different, it just diversifies gameplay a little more. LW maps are specifically tied to the story (they are a slice of time as one dev put it once) so that's one more reason for it to be how it is.

@Perisemiotics.4579 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:None depend on luck: the objectives are available for everyone at the same time, with the same requirements.

Neither this one depends on luck - doing the story will grant the POI to everyone at the one time, with the same requirement. The fact that this is the only map that "gates" completion behind the story is no better or worse than "gating" it behind a timer, an event, or other in-game mechanics - it's just different, it just diversifies gameplay a little more. LW maps are specifically tied to the story (they are a slice of time as one dev put it once) so that's one more reason for it to be how it is.

Read what I wrote more carefully: unless you do story, you cannot guarantee map completion without luck. There's a good chance that the purple room will not unlock for you. And if you don't do story, you either have to spend gold or complete two metas. There is no other map like that.

The only requirement in every other map, LS or otherwise, is that one character complete part of the story for the account to gain access to the map.

The original post is factually incorrect. Completion is not completely dependant on luck.

If the OP wishes to argue that completing the map not be dependant on doing the story on that character, that would be something else entirely.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Read what I wrote more carefully: unless you do story, you cannot guarantee map completion without luck. There's a good chance that the purple room will not unlock for you. And if you don't do story, you either have to spend gold or complete two metas. There is no other map like that.I'm quite careful - you did mention completing the story only to conclude "none depend on luck" implying this one does. Whether the requirement is part of the story or full story is irrelevant to the fact that it does not depend on luck. Also, what you call "gating" others call "interesting" or even "fun."The only requirement in every other map, LS or otherwise, is that one character complete part of the story for the account to gain access to the map.Again, this map being unique in this respect isn't necessarily a bad thing; personally I welcome new ways of completion while you may see them as unprecedented gating - that's the beauty of subjectivity.