Feature request: mouseover profession/elite spec display

Abyssic.2841

Hi there

With the increasing number of profession and elite spec symbols it would be very helpful to be able to read what those symbols mean when you have a player targeted.I assume it should be a very simple task to add a little mouseover display for at least the targeted-player-ui.

Thanks for your time and have a good day.

When HoT released and I began seeing all of these new profession icons, I was rather surprised to discover that hovering on the profession icon after selecting the person provided no information on what profession it was. I gave up on memorizing the HoT profession icons, let alone even looking at those released in PoF.

Relating to profession identification - as there are many outfits and armor skins being released that blur the line of light/medium/heavy armor, making appearance no longer reliable on telling what profession someone is, and with elite specializations adding new weapon types to professions that they previously could not equip, I cannot even go by what weapon types one is wielding to tell their profession. I suppose I could wait and see the graphical effects made if they cast a skill to help with identifying them, but I'm not familiar with many elite specialization skills/effects, so that is also not of much use to me. A textual popup tooltip upon hovering over the icon should have been added from the start. --- Even the PvP icon has a tooltip praising one's achievement in competitive combat, I'm not sure why all profession icons do not at least say the profession/elite spec name.

Instead of entirely different icons, as if they were completely different professions from the core+revenant professions, I personally feel that elite specialization icons should have been horizontally/vertically/diagonally split images of the base profession icon with a specialization graphic, or with the elite specialization as and inset graphic in the corner over the core profession icon. ( / ) (---)( o)

Archived