[Spoilers] Rytlock

Zero.1028

So I didn't see a post complaining about this yet so I thought I'd make one instead. In the last few missions in the PoF story line Rytlock hands you Sohothin and instead of using another 1h sword he busts out a greatsword. Like wtf Anet? Why does Rytlock get to use a greatsword instead of Renegade? Why are Renegades stuck with a crap weapon (shortbow) that apparently doesn't even match Kalla's lore? Is it foreshadowing Rytlocks death in the next expansion so that Revs can get a greatsword?

@Zero.1028 said:So I didn't see a post complaining about this yet so I thought I'd make one instead. In the last few missions in the PoF story line Rytlock hands you Sohothin and instead of using another 1h sword he busts out a greatsword. Like kitten Anet? Why does Rytlock get to use a greatsword instead of Renegade? Why are Renegades stuck with a crap weapon (shortbow) that apparently doesn't even match Kalla's lore? Is it foreshadowing Rytlocks death in the next expansion so that Revs can get a greatsword?

Well there are 2 possibilties.

1) this could be a hint to the next espec for rev. I remember Anet said something about teasing future expects using the NPCs.

2) it could just be because he is Rytlock. He is the only one to change from warrior to rev and even when he was a warrior he could be seen using a pistol pretty frequently.

@Zero.1028 said:So I didn't see a post complaining about this yet so I thought I'd make one instead. In the last few missions in the PoF story line Rytlock hands you Sohothin and instead of using another 1h sword he busts out a greatsword. Like kitten Anet? Why does Rytlock get to use a greatsword instead of Renegade? Why are Renegades stuck with a crap weapon (shortbow) that apparently doesn't even match Kalla's lore? Is it foreshadowing Rytlocks death in the next expansion so that Revs can get a greatsword?

As a warrior, Rytlock uses a pistol offhand (no not the Hidden Pistol skill, an actual pistol weapon with thief weapon skills).

We see many other NPCs using weapons that their profession cannot use. This is nothing new.

Besides, Rytlock isn't a Renegade. He's a Herald.

ANet's logic with NPCs, make zero sense and I really dislike when they are doing so.Or some NPCs are having for an example, Faolain had Ebon Vanguard weapons(????!??)Priory scholors are using long bowsAnd as old Rythlock, he had sword and a pistol while he was a Warrior.......Urgh...

But very well. Looks like GS was just random for him or a hint what Rev will get in our 3rd Expansion.

@Shirlias.8104 said:He can use a GS cause he's Rytlock and we are nobody.And next expansion Revs will use spear \o

It's the other way around.

Rytlock is a nobody (because Steve Bloom's voice is the town bicycle) and we are Commander FREAKING Shephard! At least if you play a female Sylvari named Shephard. Not that I'd ever do that...

Everything points out to renegade getting gs instead of shortbow in original plan. Kalla is wielding GS as you can see her monument in Black Citadel. Also, renegade's icon is huge sword. Why they changed it to shortbow? We can only guess. I know I don't like overall theme of this spec.

Rytlock wielding GS has nothing to do with renegade imo, but with the fact he is/was a warrior.

Archived