Best Pets for different builds?

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So i was looking at my Smokescale and noticed, it has bleeding on auto attack, though thats the only condition it has. Based on its "Ferocious" type i was expecting the pet itself to have high Power and precision or Ferocity but it has nearly the same stats as my Iboga, with the only difference that The smoke scale has more health but the Iboga has 600 more condition damage all other stats (Power, precision, Ferocity, Crit chance) are all the same!?, does this mean that the pets attacks will deal the same damage? or do they have their own co-efficient like player attacks do?

If so, what would you guys recommend for different builds?

Pet attacks do have varying coefficients and base strength. (You can check the wiki for specifics.)Smoakescale bite is 377 (1.417) + bleedingIboga's Consuming Bite seems to be lacking coefficient data at the moment, which is very unusual. If true then might wouldn't do anything.

Keep in mind that the pets' stats are based on their animal group (dog, cat, bird, etc). The soulbeast "types" are addons and are only come into play in beastmode.

As for pets for builds; you can go a couple ways. You can minmax pet to your build (EG condi pets in condi builds), max damage regardless of build (Lynx,bristleback), or compensate for what your build lacks.I generally go utility over damage myself. I'm currently running Smokescale for damage (both in and out of beastmode) and fern hound for sustain/support when needed.

@Chrury.4627 said:Pet attacks do have varying coefficients and base strength. (You can check the wiki for specifics.)Smoakescale bite is 377 (1.417) + bleedingIboga's Consuming Bite seems to be lacking coefficient data at the moment, which is very unusual. If true then might wouldn't do anything.

Keep in mind that the pets' stats are based on their animal group (dog, cat, bird, etc). The soulbeast "types" are addons and are only come into play in beastmode.

As for pets for builds; you can go a couple ways. You can minmax pet to your build (EG condi pets in condi builds), max damage regardless of build (Lynx,bristleback), or compensate for what your build lacks.I generally go utility over damage myself. I'm currently running Smokescale for damage (both in and out of beastmode) and fern hound for sustain/support when needed.

I find it odd that a Jacaranda has more Power than a smoke scale for example. Consuming Bite is meant to deal increased damage per a condition, but not even sure if it actually works at the moment which doesnt help things. Im just not sure what pets to go with for WvW roaming on a hybrid build (Longbow + Dagger/Dagger) I have been using Ibgoa and the Jacaranda but wondering if there were better options.

@lynspottery.6529 said:I too have been experimenting with my pets. Recently I swapped out to use my Bear (tank) with a dps pet as my alt to help me out because I solo a lot of content and have problems with mobs ignoring my pets entirely and dog piling on me.

As a WvW player, i have just been trying to find what pets would suit a Hybrid build (Longbow + Dagger/Dagger) and im still just not sure.

As condi axe, I have always and still use Lynx and Marsh Drake. Pre- and post-POF/soulbeast they are the right choices.

Lynx is top offensive pet with top tier condition damage and precision stats.

Marsh Drake is the best tank pet that cleaves and drains life; so it handles groups of mobs very well and will hardly ever die. In soulbeast mode, you'll be very hard to kill when merged with Marsh Drake. You get extra vitality (HP), drain life on short cooldown, your regular heal, and third strong group heal.

@"Zin Dau.1749" said:As condi axe, I have always and still use Lynx and Marsh Drake. Pre- and post-POF/soulbeast they are the right choices.

Lynx is top offensive pet with top tier condition damage and precision stats.

Marsh Drake is the best tank pet that cleaves and drains life; so it handles groups of mobs very well and will hardly ever die. In soulbeast mode, you'll be very hard to kill when merged with Marsh Drake. You get extra vitality (HP), drain life on short cooldown, your regular heal, and third strong group heal.

What kind of healing do you get from Chomp? Do you think its better than the Jacaranda which also comes with the +100 Vit and +25% healing but but comes with an F2 Immob and Vul as well as a heal that grants regen as well as removing 2 conditions.

Curious, considering there are pets with better DPS stats, how is the Lynx the top offensive pet?

Im currently running the Gazelle as its mobility skill is SO useful and it does "okay" when im not in beastmode. The second pet i cant really decide on

@Ohoni.6057 said:Is there any kind of tier list for pets, like "best condi, best dps, etc."? Ideally for both "as a pet" and "as a Beastmode?"

A quick google will net you some good data on pre-PoF pet dps tests Like this one. The "tiers" are generally broken up by family, with a few outliers.

As for "as a Beastmode", I think it's a bit too soon to tell. You'd still want a high DPS pet of some sort if you aren't camping beastmode; just going in when you want your personal burst. If you ARE camping beastmode, the pet numbers matter less, and it's more about what utility combination you want/need.

@Chrury.4627 said:A quick google will net you some good data on pre-PoF pet dps tests Like this one. The "tiers" are generally broken up by family, with a few outliers.

As for "as a Beastmode", I think it's a bit too soon to tell. You'd still want a high DPS pet of some sort if you aren't camping beastmode; just going in when you want your personal burst. If you ARE camping beastmode, the pet numbers matter less, and it's more about what utility combination you want/need.

The problem with that is clear - non-moving target, that doesnt fight back or anything. These kind of tests i just find pointless. Notice the stationary Vs moving target damage, some lose SO much damage. Its the same reason that Weaver/Staff is going to be hugely nerfed because it does great against big targets that dont move, yet they lose SO much damage the moment that a moving and smaller target is introduced. It was also made in July 2016, how reliable is this now?

I do hope that they give us pet swap inside Beastmode, I currently run the Gazelle, its mobility skill is awesome. I try to run the Jacaranda as my second pet but, i lose too much for leaving beatsmode (25% movement, healing, ext) that i have to time leaving it at the perfect time and if im in Beastmdoe, i would be looking at 10-11seconds to be able to get back into Beastmode with the other pet for the healing and support :(

Archived