Tired of being stuck in combat

I literally now have to log in and out on the new since my pet agros and attacks everything for no reason AND everything agros me anyways from such long ranges, you can't even play the game. Either let us mount up in combat or get rid of these agro ranges. Never played a game that required me to log out and in constantly to use skills.

Sometimes I think my game is bugged. There are cases where I seem to get stuck in combat for what seems like traversing 1/4 of the map even after I have killed whatever and all conditions are clear. Even on core maps where there are not many mobs with large aggro range. It does get aggravating at times. Especially when trying to use a mount to get some place fast like jumping on a cliff with Springer. Maybe a mount mastery with a decent enough cool down that would allow you to mount while stuck in combat. The cool down would have to be long enough to not make it too game breaking.

I usually change Pets or stow Pets, and then wait in a safe place. That usually works.Or, where that is not possible, I just kill the offending mob.

Also, sometimes a character will get stuck in combat with no mobs left around after killing them. In that case, I have to go find a new mob, and kill it, to get out of combat.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:Sometimes I think my game is bugged. There are cases where I seem to get stuck in combat for what seems like traversing 1/4 of the map even after I have killed whatever and all conditions are clear. Even on core maps where there are not many mobs with large aggro range. It does get aggravating at times. Especially when trying to use a mount to get some place fast like jumping on a cliff with Springer. Maybe a mount mastery with a decent enough cool down that would allow you to mount while stuck in combat. The cool down would have to be long enough to not make it too game breaking.

If you apply non-damaging conditions to ambient creatures you will be stuck in combat until you kill them.

As for pets maybe use the controls ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:Sometimes I think my game is bugged. There are cases where I seem to get stuck in combat for what seems like traversing 1/4 of the map even after I have killed whatever and all conditions are clear. Even on core maps where there are not many mobs with large aggro range. It does get aggravating at times. Especially when trying to use a mount to get some place fast like jumping on a cliff with Springer. Maybe a mount mastery with a decent enough cool down that would allow you to mount while stuck in combat. The cool down would have to be long enough to not make it too game breaking.

If you apply non-damaging conditions to ambient creatures you will be stuck in combat until you kill them.

Yes, but sometimes I get stuck for lengthy periods of time even after everything is killed including ambients. Like IC said, at times I have to either chase down some random mob that wasn't even involved and kill it to get out of combat or just wait a long time running across the map. It almost seems like a bug at times because I've had it happen in really odd places where there is no reason to be stuck in combat. I don't use pets/minions at all. I play Reaper mostly and avoid minions because of the problems they cause running off getting me stuck in combat. I might use them if there was a command to make them die, vanish, whatever (for the ones that don't sacrifice) or stow like a Ranger pet.

@"wickedkae.4980" said:I literally now have to log in and out on the new since my pet agros and attacks everything for no reason AND everything agros me anyways from such long ranges, you can't even play the game. Either let us mount up in combat or get rid of these agro ranges. Never played a game that required me to log out and in constantly to use skills.

You can command your pet to stay by your side ("Heel!"), just click the pet command icon.

And yes, aggro ranges are crazy since PoF - I don't understand that concept, either, especially on meta maps where you can't follow your squad and miss a low-health boss kill for not making it up that wall on your springer in time, because you were being range-attacked by a mob. :s

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Yes, but sometimes I get stuck for lengthy periods of time even after everything is killed including ambients. Like IC said, at times I have to either chase down some random mob that wasn't even involved and kill it to get out of combat or just wait a long time running across the map. It almost seems like a bug at times because I've had it happen in really odd places where there is no reason to be stuck in combat.

If there is one thing I would definitely change is that if a mob has decided it no longer wants to attack the player then it should no keep the player in combat. The main bit of complexity is handling the case where the mob has decided to run away but the player is still attacking it. That should still keep the player in combat so it would probably have to be some sort of timer based thing.

I don't use pets/minions at all. I play Reaper mostly and avoid minions because of the problems they cause running off getting me stuck in combat. I might use them if there was a command to make them die, vanish, whatever (for the ones that don't sacrifice) or stow like a Ranger pet.

That was for the OP

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"wickedkae.4980" said:I literally now have to log in and out on the new since my pet agros and attacks everything for no reason AND everything agros me anyways from such long ranges, you can't even play the game. Either let us mount up in combat or get rid of these agro ranges. Never played a game that required me to log out and in constantly to use skills.

You can command your pet to stay by your side ("Heel!"), just click the pet command icon.

And yes, aggro ranges are crazy since PoF - I don't understand that concept, either, especially on meta maps where you can't follow your squad and miss a low-health boss kill for not making it up that wall on your springer in time, because you were being range-attacked by a mob. :s

Fortunately that is not an issue in Dragonfall because you can use shrines while in combat.