I quit until skyscale is easier

Literally got burnt out after playing an entire day, up to and including the eggs.

Haven't bothered to long on because I don't want to be time hated... will just play wow or apex until my new PC arrives in a month or so, maybe I'll be craving gw2 then?

Can somebody let me know if arena net will remove the time gate in the near future? I saw that the pof mastery is enabled again which is nice... but already I've lost so much exp from that one day of playing all day and not getting any I feel cheated. And I could really use spirit shards too... only have 17 and need to craft full asc wvw gear for one toon... I've also seen them say they will look into some achievement for jormag or something??

That plus I'm waiting to see what the other collections will be like. Have fun going ham at it guys... I've learned my lesson. Will treat this as astralaria version of the mount and take my damnedest sweetest time. Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

PLEASE anet remove the living world season 4 requirement.. do I have to complete all of them to talk to gorrik? Ridiculous! Teletported to friends suns refuge and couldn't talk to him.... more gates... ugh...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vavume.8065 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

That is very unlikely.

Why?? Did they specifically say they would not??

I feel so cheated having to do all of the lws4.... I hate story.... I prefer wvw or open world chilling you know? Most of my toons don't have any story completed except for required for Griffin and beetle... now I have to do all of las4 before I can even start on 2nd time gate??

Awhile ago a poster ranted and ranted about the Griffon collection, and how he wanted to just pay for it, and essentially, the forum community, by and large, agreed it was a lot of work, but that getting it easier, wasn't about playing the game.

They say upfront in the mail that LS4 is required; LS4 was given away free not once but twice, and on sale after that. LS4 was begun a LONG time ago. Heck, it has been a good four MONTHS since the last episode. I just don't see why they would remove any of these requirements. In fact, I personally don't WANT them to. When my friends eventually give in to my persuading them to give this game a try, I want to redo the story along with them, so they can experience the story and episodes.

I realize you don't like the story but it doesn't take that long. While you're waiting to see what else is time-gated, why not enjoy an episode a day?

@Etria.3642 said:Awhile ago a poster ranted and ranted about the Griffon collection, and how he wanted to just pay for it, and essentially, the forum community, by and large, agreed it was a lot of work, but that getting it easier, wasn't about playing the game.

They say upfront in the mail that LS4 is required; LS4 was given away free not once but twice, and on sale after that. LS4 was begun a LONG time ago. Heck, it has been a good four MONTHS since the last episode. I just don't see why they would remove any of these requirements. In fact, I personally don't WANT them to. When my friends eventually give in to my persuading them to give this game a try, I want to redo the story along with them, so they can experience the story and episodes.

I realize you don't like the story but it doesn't take that long. While you're waiting to see what else is time-gated, why not enjoy an episode a day?

I'll try. But it's not just the living world holding me and a lot of others back. Nothing warrants the truly frustrating design and implementation of some or the collections achievements. I'm hearing horror stories. And how people have to race or compete with each other to try and get stuff done.

Its totally not fun. Cant even go at my own pace!

eggs can be done in a few hours, its really just going to different spots and talking to npc and pressing f. after that, its talk to npc's for the toys, (i think, already don't remember, maybe some events), kill some stuff for the treats which takes maybe hour or two, after that you just go to suns refuge and throw food at it three times for four days.... nothing super time consuming atm after the egg collections so far.

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I can't believe it's been twenty minutes and no one has asked for your stuff yet . . .

Because I'm not quitting lol I'll just take my sweet time as stated above. Begrudgingly, but still do it. Even if I hate it....

Yeah it was just a joke. That's usually one of the first responses in threads like this . . .

big surprise, they wont change any thingbecause from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chatand you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

@"PervMonk.4891" said:big surprise, they wont change any thingbecause from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chatand you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

Anyone that can only play for 2 hours or less a day, or can only play as such a few times a week, is likely not going to have the mount by the 24th. Unfortunately.

What's truly unfortunate is everyone having to waste days at a time when they could be completing the collection as they wish.

Honestly, I recommend seeing for yourself the collection and not reading what other peopl have to say about it. If you break it down into steps it REALLY is not hard at all.Flying around the map to each item three different times? That's nothing.Visiting a bunch of different maps and doing different things on there like, gasp, participating in an event or drowning yourself in quicksand? Not hard.Killing a few monsters to get drops to feed the hatchling? Still not hard.

Literally, nothing about this quest line so far is hard. Time-consuming, yes, but not hard. And time is only a barrier if you let it be. If you want to get the mount RIGHT AWAY then sure, rush to do all of the content as soon as possible and whine about the time gates not letting you get the mount right then and there. But if you don't care, then just do it at your own pace. I took 4 days to do what other people did in two days. And I enjoyed myself a hell of a lot more, did other achievements alongside it, meta events, map completion, etc.

Take a step back, breathe, and remember it's just a game. Don't go insulting other people who DO have time to play just because you don't. (Not everyone who has time to play is some "sweaty basement dweller" - many of us have jobs, careers, lives outside of the game. We just know how to make good use of our time.)

Whereas I agree the Collections are not hard at all, the only problem I see is that there are a lot of people who aren't able to do them at their own pace.

But yes, insulting those who have the time and ability do it all in one swoop is not appropriate.

It's not really hard. It takes a while. Do a few steps a day every day, don't worry about getting it fast and you'll get it. There's very little that's actually hard. People have made this into so much more than it is. You need the mount now? You're disappointed. You see it as a journey, bringing you closer to your mount, it's acceptable. I'm not having problems and I'm behind a lot of other people., but that's okay. They won't make it easier.

Why people are in such a hurry with Skyscale? Just do it slowly and enjoy your collection, it's not a race, besides - this is completely new mount, which you get for FREE, not just some stupid skin, it shouldn't be easy to unlock. And if you really don't like doing collections like this, then don't do it, this mount is completely optional and you don't have to own it.

To be honest I'm with OP on that one. After brilliant HoT and LWS3, I've swallowed empty PoF, having to do 1 thing over and over again to get the stupid bird, that can't fly.. playing Barbie dressing dolls for months, went through complete bunch of nonsense balance patches, absolutely bad LWS4 story (killing Joko, getting dragon pet, having zero idea of Magic and dragons storyline).. to end all in 15min by spamming special skill and find I can't even explore the island as it's locked behind ala "dragon stand" event. But there I was never pushed to spend weeks and weeks in it..

Sorry for the noise and whine, but I don't tolerate gameplay for whales. My patience is gone, sadly..

P.S. Anet graphic design, level design, animations - all great as usual. Thank you guys for your hard and beautiful work.

@"PervMonk.4891" said:big surprise, they wont change any thingbecause from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chatand you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

I have all living world s4 stories though. I own them, i was active while they were active....

So do I only need to unlock suns refuge so its my instance to talk to Gorrick? Or do i need to do the start of each story part to take me to said maps? Ive tp to friend to all the maps and stuff.... cant talk to him. its really putting me off that living world requirement is gating me from the mount lol

@LaFurion.3167 said:

I have all living world s4 stories though. I own them, i was active while they were active....

So do I only need to unlock suns refuge so its my instance to talk to Gorrick? Or do i need to do the start of each story part to take me to said maps? Ive tp to friend to all the maps and stuff.... cant talk to him. its really putting me off that living world requirement is gating me from the mount lolyou need to do ep4 story to access sun's refuge, when you finish the first collection after the daily reset you will receive a mail from gorrik and he will appear there