Sale ends today. Need some advice.

Hi everyone.

I bought GW2 few years ago and played a bit here and there. Highest levels I got was 20-something on a warrior. I didn't have much time for gaming in general back then so eventually I quit.

I picked up again the game a week ago. Started from scratch with the Guardian and really enjoying the game now. The 50% discount sale ends today and I'm tempted to get both expansions but I have some second thoughts, mainly cause my gaming time is still rather poor. In short I'm a (very) casual gamer.

But I'm also a completionist and I'm definitely going to explore every corner of the basic game, do every quest and get eventually that 100% map completion. I also like playing the core game as it was originally (no mounts, etc.)

On the other hand that 50% discount sale is real sweet so.....should I get the 2 expansions now? Or wait?

Any chance such a good sale will be available again in the future if I pass on it today?

Any input is appreciated.

There will be another 50% off sale at some point in the future. I don't know when but I'm sure it will happen. So if you're not ready to buy the expansions yet and not sure you'll get to them I'd say wait until you are ready.

You can also get deals from retailers even when Anet aren't offering one, you just need to make sure it's a reputable seller you trust not to sell fake keys or ones bought with stolen cards.

@Randulf.7614 said:My motto is, if you can afford it, get it while u can. Then it’s there and ready.

Probably why I have a games backlog of over 100 mind you....

LOL. That's exactly while I'm asking this. I've got quite a list too so since a while now I've been trying to buy when and only if I'm ready for it. :p

@gateless gate.8406 said:Are you currently getting daily login rewards? If not, it's worth paying for the game simply to start getting those. This is assuming that you like the game and think you'll continue playing intermittently.

I think I am. Maybe cause I'm not f2p? (I bought the original game shortly after I came out)

The expansions are totally worth it and, in my opinion, sufficiently increase the fun of the game no matter how much you play. I bought both at full price and don’t regret it. 50% off is a great deal — I say go for it! :)