Returning player need help

I returned to GW2 after years and I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of content added. Kudos ArenaNet!

I bought both expansions and I have some questions:

1) What's the fastest way to lvl up mastery?2) How do I get a mount?3) Are old dungeons and low fractals still relevant/played? (eg. Flame Legion or whatever it's called)4) Does PoF is based on ancient egypt?

Also, my inventory/bank is full of things I have long forgot their purpose/value...I would love if someone could help me sort it out...at least my inventory becuase righy now I have only 8 free slots out of 70-90ish

@wefal.8426 said:I returned to GW2 after years and I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of content added. Kudos ArenaNet!

I bought both expansions and I have some questions:

1) What's the fastest way to lvl up mastery?

Explore maps and do events IN THE RELEVANT AREA, make sure to have enough mastery points before you need them so you can unlock right away and start leveling up the XP for the next one. Besides the ones you can find on the map, there are lots of mastery points you can get through achievements. If you look at the Achievements list in your hero panel, any section/achievement that awards a mastery point is marked with a picture of one--red for Tyria, green for HoT, purple for PoF. So you can pick what you want to go for. Experience toward masteries only counts in the appropriate area, so you only gain experience toward PoF masteries in poF maps, etc. Also, make sure when you finish a mastery to select the next one you want to train in that area, or the game may arbitrarily start training up one you are not in a hurry for.

2) How do I get a mount?

Play the first story chapter of PoF, when you talk to the character at the end of the chapter, he gives you a Raptor. You need to train it to the third mastery level to get to the map where you can earn a Springer, etc.

3) Are old dungeons and low fractals still relevant/played? (eg. Flame Legion or whatever it's called)Dungeons not as much, but yes, some. Fractals of all levels are still played. Tier 4 are for the hard-core, but Tier 1 are still played by beginners and casuals.

4) Does PoF is based on ancient egypt?

There is definitely some ancient Egypt and Arabian and general Middle Eastern influence.

Also, my inventory/bank is full of things I have long forgot their purpose/value...I would love if someone could help me sort it out...at least my inventory becuase righy now I have only 8 free slots out of 70-90ish

Hard to say without knowing what, but if it's been quite a while, many materials have been added to material storage and no longer need to be banked/backpacked. If you have materials (mystic coins, amalgamated gemstones, etc) in the bank, try this: put them in your backpack, click on the little gear in the upper right of the inventory window, choose Deposit All. Anything that has a material storage slot will be put there, out of your way.

For other items, look it up in the Wiki and see if it's an important part of something you were once working on.

How do you get more skins for gear/mounts/gliders? Specifically awakened skins. Something about lion chest event? What when where?I remember 2 days ago there were alot of skins in gem store and tried to treat myself with a couple of skins but unfortunately I had problem buying gems and now the gem store is almost empty...damn murphy!

@wefal.8426 said:How do you get more skins for gear/mounts/gliders? Specifically awakened skins. Something about lion chest event? What when where?I remember 2 days ago there were alot of skins in gem store and tried to treat myself with a couple of skins but unfortunately I had problem buying gems and now the gem store is almost empty...kitten murphy!

Mostly, you can only buy that stuff in the gem store. But they change the things that are for sale regularly, so you need to keep checking the store to see when the Awakened Mounts pack might be back.

Sometimes the Black Lion chests will have skins, but those are not the most common rewards. You only get those if you get lucky. Still, you can farm for at least one free key every week--make a new character, rank it up to level 0, play the Level 10 story and get a free key...then delete the character and do it again next week.

From each Black Lion chest opened, you also get one Black Lion statuette. You can trade these in by double-clicking one to open a store. There have never been mount skins yet, but there have been gliders, outfits and weapon skins. (They change some of the available contents just about every time the chest is updated.