Fan Art of Your Favorite Champion!

Hello!My name is Moon, or Merci.I'm kinda new to Gw2. Well newer compared to most of the beautiful people I see.

I do a lot of art, and of course I'd be able to show you my works before hand with no worries.I can also record the drawing process, etc.

I have arthritis in my hands, and lack of cartilage in a lot of my body, so I can't always sit up straight and farm for hours on end, to get the juicy gold everyone desperately needs ; - ;Okay maybe not EVERYONE. But who doesn't like a bit of coin in their pockets?

While I was on one day I asked if anyone would want art of their characters, ( though many didn't speak up and some were iffy about the situation. Which is understandable. )

But with my lack of time for farming ( and the pain one must go through after an hour of farm ), and of course the various of cool things I cannot acquire yet.I'm looking for someone who enjoys the beauty of art, and would ask for a commission to be done.I don't really know the standard of art pricing when it's connected to Gw2. I've done only two before for fellow guild mates.Now I've sat here and pondered deeply on what the price of my work would be. ( Every artists hates their own work )I also have asked a friend who's deeply into 42 Farm, on how much they normally get for an hours work. ( they said around 20-25g ever hour or two. )So with that being said I figured it would have to depend on how long it takes and what you, the reader, would imagine your Character's Picture to look like.Standing out looking a sea? Staring deeply into the viewers souls?So for Face Portrait it normally would take me 3-4 hours if more animated like, and realistic to take 5-6 hours. ( I do have Examples, if you wish to look. )Or full body that would take much more longer, especially if one wants it realistic.

I will come back with prices but I generally would like to see what people would think about this idea, and if anyone would be actually interested.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this Forum, and taking the time to read it until this point!

` ☾

If you wish to reach me at discord: ☾ ♡ #0556 <-- That is my name on there.And of course for Guild Wars, Moon Of Mercy.4376

• 2 weeks later...

Selling art for game gold is something that never crossed my mind, interesting idea. I am not sure the time you spend drawing and painting and the time your client spends farming is a fair comparison. Don't sell yourself short. It sure takes some experience to farm efficiently, but art requires so much training to reach a reasonably good level. Do post samples to advertise your work :)

@Leo.3428 said:Selling art for game gold is something that never crossed my mind, interesting idea. I am not sure the time you spend drawing and painting and the time your client spends farming is a fair comparison. Don't sell yourself short. It sure takes some experience to farm efficiently, but art requires so much training to reach a reasonably good level. Do post samples to advertise your work :)

I shall indeed. I have started to watermark my art work, because just recently someone stole the work I did for my friend Sparky. ( Sadly enough, not much one can do about it )

I'm new to this forum so not sure on how the coding works out.

I was actually afraid that no one would respond back haha.

And gotta sell myself short cause it's pretty much the first time of me doing this at all, it's very exciting!

I do plan to make a insta for it as well. c:

Art gets stolen all the time indeed. Watermarking is a good practice, also not publishing in too high a resolution apart from sample closeups. And you can get some advice on that on art forums, they sometimes run a collective action to petition the web host or social platform that the usurper brags on. Threatening with legal action, using the right wording, is usually sufficient.

Here is a guide to posting images on the forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/853/guide-how-to-upload-post-your-own-images-on-these-forums

It seems like the forum will only allow a few URLs for direct image display (hotlinking), but a link to an online gallery would work equally well I think.

@"Leo.3428" said:Art gets stolen all the time indeed. Watermarking is a good practice, also not publishing in too high a resolution apart from sample closeups. And you can get some advice on that on art forums, they sometimes run a collective action to petition the web host or social platform that the usurper brags on. Threatening with legal action, using the right wording, is usually sufficient.

Here is a guide to posting images on the forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/853/guide-how-to-upload-post-your-own-images-on-these-forums

It seems like the forum will only allow a few URLs for direct image display (hotlinking), but a link to an online gallery would work equally well I think.

This is actually extremely helpful!I suppose I should make a little website for my art, that way people can see what I can do. Though I must say that lately a lot of people have been making my day via this forum. So many kind people, including yourself. The community is truly amazing.

Leaves me a bit speechless. o / // u / / o

But I will create that website today! and post the artwork that I think is worthy enough. Some are silly 2-bit ones I've done with only my mouse.But I still think those are good looking too ^o ^