Returning Player Profession Choice — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Returning Player Profession Choice

mizaru.1385mizaru.1385 Member ✭✭
edited May 21, 2019 in Professions

Returning player here with access to both PoF and HoT expansions (only played PoF for 1st mount). I have read abit here and there and just want to know whats the viability for the professions out there for maybe getting through PoF/HoT and then going for fractals (mainly pve).

Was going to continue on my Mesmer but I heard recently they got hit hard through these months. I know the Necro has been shunned by groups previously, but how issit now? The recent changes seems to have made an impact on various classes that I'm not sure what classes are more viable than others now

Comments

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mizaru.1385 said:
    Returning player here with access to both PoF and HoT expansions (only played PoF for 1st mount). I have read abit here and there and just want to know whats the viability for the professions out there for maybe getting through PoF/HoT and then going for fractals (mainly pve).

Was going to continue on my Mesmer but I heard recently they got hit hard through these months. I know the Necro has been shunned by groups previously, but how issit now? The recent changes seems to have made an impact on various classes that I'm not sure what classes are more viable than others now

If you're focused on PvE content, mesmer will always be in demand until it's literally useless. They have some of the most powerful group buffs out there (quickness + alacrity).

That said, if you want to do open world content or more free-form stuff, there's a lot of options out there. Power DPS usually gets through enemies faster than condi, so you might try your hand at holo, DH, berserker, etc.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.