[Request] A way to despawn Necromancer minions??

Vegeta.2563

The new map (Dragonfall) made me realize. Trying to follow a commander tag from 1 event to another as a necro with minions is a pain. Constantly in combat because my pets run off to attack anything nearby. No control over them and the only thing I can do is kill the thing it's attacking. Only for more mobs to spawn and just keep going in an endless cycle.

I know you can use a toy item and then put it away to unsummon your minions, but those can't be used in combat. I think necromancers really need a pet window for a few simple commands to Attack current target, Passive (cease attacking), Unsummon All (minions are destroyed instantly).

• Like 1

Not long ago I was indifferent toward the idea of "hiding/stowing" minions, but now that I started to main reaper and use minions more often, I changed my mind completely. I am totally for the idea of such button/skill/whatever, quality of life for necros would be increased greatly. Now having minions (like cc golem in open world events) is more crippling most of the time than useful.

@"gen.6807" said:Not long ago I was indifferent toward the idea of "hiding/stowing" minions, but now that I started to main reaper and use minions more often, I changed my mind completely. I am totally for the idea of such button/skill/whatever, quality of life for necros would be increased greatly. Now having minions (like cc golem in open world events) is more crippling most of the time than useful.

I mean I love the fact that having more minions out means you are more tanky, but it doesn't help when you want to follow a squad around and can't mount up because of your pets running off without being told to attack something. Quite frustrating.

• Like 1

Yep, came here to post on exactly the same topic. The Dragonfall weak spot events spawn enemies even after the weak spot is destroyed. With most of the other players out of combat, the ones left are downed players and reapers with minions, but the enemies can be elites.

Even Blood Fiend runs off and attacks something.

I can't see how this is working as intended for reapers.

@Arcteryx.2850 said:Not really a solution to the above problem, but I noticed that riding my beetle despawns my minions while none of the other mounts do. Not sure why it would be different.

all mounts stows your minions, if the beetle kills them that's a bug that happens when you switch mounts to fast

@derd.6413 said:>all mounts stows your minions, if the beetle kills them that's a bug that happens when you switch mounts to fast

I noticed that changing mounts is not necessary - I had my golem killed while using raptor exclusively. Also not sure ab the fast switching part: just today I had golem out after using WP, mounted, run for ab half of Riverlands map and then dismounted and golem was on cooldown.

@derd.6413 said:

@Arcteryx.2850 said:Not really a solution to the above problem, but I noticed that riding my beetle despawns my minions while none of the other mounts do. Not sure why it would be different.

all mounts stows your minions, if the beetle kills them that's a bug that happens when you switch mounts to fast

Minions putting or keeping the player in combat I think is the main reason for the OP, mounts cant be used in combat.Minions often result in a player not being able to mount where other wise without them they would have.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Minions putting or keeping the player in combat I think is the main reason for the OP, mounts cant be used in combat.

read the comment i replied to before replying