More Chain or Flip Skills on Weapons?

Crab Fear.1624

Looking at sword/dagger you have weapon skill 3 which goes Flanking Strike chains to Larcenous Strike

Then with pistol/dagger you get Shadow Strike which flips to Repeater , and of course that is relatively new.

Personally, I think repeater should be a chain skill instead of flip, you get the time to use and when you do it goes back to shadow strike.

I don't know how it could work with every weapon kit, but ....

I thought that Staff 3 Debilitating Arc could chain into a recoiling thrust that pushes or knocks back foes.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Looking at sword/dagger you have weapon skill 3 which goes Flanking Strike chains to Larcenous Strike

Then with pistol/dagger you get Shadow Strike which flips to Repeater , and of course that is relatively new.

Personally, I think repeater should be a chain skill instead of flip, you get the time to use and when you do it goes back to shadow strike.

I thought that Staff 3 Debilitating Arc could chain into a recoiling thrust that pushes or knocks back foes.

Regarding the Staff stuff, it desperately needs gap closer so if it chained in to some gap-closing skill instead, that would be cool.And before somebody says "but Vault", no, that's not a gap closer that is a situational 6ini waste telegraph skill.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Looking at sword/dagger you have weapon skill 3 which goes
chains to

Then with pistol/dagger you get
which flips to
, and of course that is relatively new.

I thought that Staff 3
could chain into a recoiling thrust that pushes or knocks back foes.

Regarding the Staff stuff, it desperately needs gap closer so if it chained in to some gap-closing skill instead, that would be cool.And before somebody says
"but Vault"
, no, that's not a gap closer that is a situational 6ini waste telegraph skill.

Vault can actually be a flip skill to make it cheaper as gap closer. For instance, you can use Vault for 4init, if your landing hit an enemy, it will flip to Wide Swipe where the DD will swing the staff 180 for an AoE that would cost 2init. This way you can Vault for gap closing and use it again if it didn't hit anything.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Looking at sword/dagger you have weapon skill 3 which goes Flanking Strike chains to Larcenous Strike

Well... You have a gap closer in the crappy swipe skill.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Looking at sword/dagger you have weapon skill 3 which goes
chains to

which flips to

I thought that Staff 3

Regarding the Staff stuff, it desperately needs gap closer so if it chained in to some gap-closing skill instead, that would be cool.And before somebody says
"but Vault"

they can add that too

but think about it, you are rolling away from their attack and they commit and you recoil back with the staff to their face and launch them LOL

I wouldnt mind if the weapon had more than one chain skill set is what i mean.

This idea shouldnt only apply to staff or DD.

I think the chain skills in our kits would be nice if they could add more instead of just be a 3 spam fiesta.

I feel like we don't have many good skills so we rely on that 1 button.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

chains to

which flips to

I thought that Staff 3

"but Vault"

Vault can actually be a flip skill to make it cheaper as gap closer. For instance, you can use Vault for 4init, if your landing hit an enemy, it will flip to Wide Swipe where the DD will swing the staff 180 for an AoE that would cost 2init. This way you can Vault for gap closing and use it again if it didn't hit anything.

Sounds good too