Skyscale Reflexes are Excellent, Mine are not

Anyone else having trouble with ball skills Hard Mode for Skyscale Reflexes Achievement? I am oceanic timezone, ping is 220 to 300, I don't the the reflexes of a young whippersnapper. I tried over 70 times, I get to ball 4 or 5 and it's all over, a fail. I tried a signet of speed, speed boosters, different classes. So now the results are I can no longer finish achievements, or get Skyscale Mount after all the work put in. I was very upset, know my guildies will get there mounts tomorrow and I may never get it, breaks my heart.

While I understand it may actually be your personal feature to not react fast enough, I don't think 200-300ms delay is all THAT bad.It frustrates me you're having troubles with our dragon babe. You mentioned having tried different classes, but how did you use them?

First of all, if you have a thief AND Heart of Thorns, I would totally recommend you trying to do catch as a Daredevil with dash evade skill, and also using a staff for Vault. While you may dash too far out of the circle, Vault is a very precise skill with just enough range to make it.Now IF you have no access to what I mentioned above, do try an engineer, those guys have a lot of endurance regen and a trait for 25% movement speed constantly.Another possibly helpful option is warrior for the variety of movement skills.

Also, it's a good decision of ANet to not make the ball blockable or avoidable like many similar things in openworld.

I really do hope for you and your Skyscale friend to learn to catch <3

Zoom your view out a fair way so you see the circle as soon as it appears rather than having to look around..

As soon as your character throws the ball, move back to the middle of the general area (while the ball is travelling toward the Skyscale).

As soon as you see the circle move toward it.

If you can do it on a Staff Daredevil (even one with just the use-Staff trait), do that because Daredevil's to-precise-position mobility is unmatched (Vault FTW).

If not, use a class that can trait or signet a passive speed boost (Ele, Thief, Necro, etc.)

If not, get some carppy armour and fit 6 x Superior Rune of the Traveller, then wear that in the instance. Nothing in the instance will attack you.

I have the same issue and I'm on satellite internet as that's the only available option where I live (rural area). What further complicates it is I am in the circle well before the ball enters and still no credit for the catch. easy and medium were no problems but the brick wall hits on hard, especially frustrating when you are in the circle and don't get the credit. I've opened a ticket and it's been over 24 hours with no response not even a 'we're looking into it'. My ping on satellite is in the 600 range.

@"Atheas.7580" said:I have the same issue and I'm on satellite internet as that's the only available option where I live (rural area). What further complicates it is I am in the circle well before the ball enters and still no credit for the catch. easy and medium were no problems but the brick wall hits on hard, especially frustrating when you are in the circle and don't get the credit. I've opened a ticket and it's been over 24 hours with no response not even a 'we're looking into it'. My ping on satellite is in the 600 range.

Disclaimer: I don't mean what follows as a criticism of you.

90000 miles of round-trip space travel for your packets means that even if you and the servers are both connected directly to your respective base stations, the best you can hope for is a hair over 500ms (half a second), and your problem probably arises from the fact that the ball is half a second ahead of where your PC is showing it to be, (or, more importantly, the server thinks your character is half a second behind where you think it is). My experience (I'm fortunate to have really small ping - currently in the mid 40s) is that the timing is pretty tight in the hard mode stage even for me, especially when the circle is at its furthest distance from the "centre", and I can imagine that half-second latency would be ... problematic.

@Atheas.7580 said:I have the same issue and I'm on satellite internet as that's the only available option where I live (rural area). What further complicates it is I am in the circle well before the ball enters and still no credit for the catch. easy and medium were no problems but the brick wall hits on hard, especially frustrating when you are in the circle and don't get the credit. I've opened a ticket and it's been over 24 hours with no response not even a 'we're looking into it'. My ping on satellite is in the 600 range.

You did not receive the near-immediate automated response e-mail?Due to high volume, the CS Team Member response may be more than the usual 'within 72 hours'.And, likely, they will only suggest you post in the forums, tbh. They don't fix 'bugs'.

Some of the distortions do not work, they have a very large activation area as long as your are in or next to the distortion itself.

Therefore if you cannot get a distortion to activate the yellow skill bar / load bar, then it's likely that distortion is bugged.

I would suggest going to another distortion in the same map, as most maps have at least 2 or 3.

Please keep in mind you have to stop in or next to the distortion for the yellow bar to begin doing its thing.

It is possible to do this on a character without speed movement. You don't have to stand in middle of the circle, edge works too. And indeed go to middle of throw area when the ball travels to the skyscale...

I think your culprit is your high ping (what you see on screen is delayed I guess)

My reflexes are worse than most of players as I am handicapped and disabled because of my broken left elbow and my left hand has nerve damage which paralyses 3 fingers. So I can NOT even get past Hard Ball throwing with skyscale. I barely made medium ball throwing. After doing all this My hands hurt so badly--I can not play. Why can't Anet allow us to buy or make an item like the extra-pungent skyscale treat to bypass the hard ball throwing. I am not the only one there are other disabled people playing as well, or just let us buy skyscale outright. I did all the gathering for next step--saddle-- I have farmed all currencies,, but alas NO skyscale.

My reflexes are worse than most of players as I am handicapped and disabled because of my broken left elbow and my left hand has nerve damage which paralyses 3 fingers. So I can NOT even get past Hard Ball throwing with skyscale. I barely made medium ball throwing. After doing all this My hands hurt so badly--I can not play. Why can't Anet allow us to buy or make an item like the extra-pungent skyscale treat to bypass the hard ball throwing. I am not the only one there are other disabled people playing as well, or just let us buy skyscale outright. I did all the gathering for next step--saddle-- I have farmed all currencies,, but alas NO skyscale. I also have been disconnected countless times while trying to do this achievement and get error messages can not connect game client to server but its not my internet. Somtimes I get lag and my character freezes just entering Sun's Refuge.

• 2 weeks later...