[Suggestion] Adjust high prestige equipment without dye channels

Miroe.2054

Fashion Wars is the true endgame of GW2. In order to make collecting legendary skins as rewarding as it can be, the differing legendary and black lion skins should look good side by side. Today I decided to use Sunrise on a Character that already wears the Ascension. Both of those items are supposed to be made of some kind of gold. But they are completely different in color tone. I would apreciate for future skin designs (and already implemented ones) if silver, gold, wood, bone, bloodstone, ivory etc. were compatible with each other. Do you have any other examples of items that conflict in tone that should not?

TLDR: Materials among expensive skins that are not dyable should look the same among one another.

@Miroe.2054 said:TLDR: Materials among expensive skins that are not dyable should look the same among one another.

I don't see how that's remotely possible and still end up with good designs. If they force Sunrise to look like the Ascension, then they'd also have to make bolt and all the other 'lighter' themed l-weapons to look like that, too. That sounds incredibly restrictive.

So instead, I look for ways to color armor so that weapons & back blend. Or I choose different weapon or back skins (or skip the back altogether).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I don't see how that's remotely possible and still end up with good designs. If they force Sunrise to look like the Ascension, then they'd also have to make bolt and all the other 'lighter' themed l-weapons to look like that, too. That sounds incredibly restrictive.

Just the Gold parts of those 3 weapons should have the same color. Right now Sunrise has a greenish yellow, the ascension is orange and bolt is kinda light gold. But those parts of the weapons are all supposed to be gold. All that's necessary for this change is to get the according skins, select the golden parts with a brush and change saturation and hue. Bump maps/ reflections stay the same.

@Miroe.2054 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I don't see how that's remotely possible and still end up with good designs. If they force Sunrise to look like the Ascension, then they'd also have to make bolt and all the other 'lighter' themed l-weapons to look like that, too. That sounds incredibly restrictive.

Just the Gold parts of those 3 weapons should have the same color. Right now Sunrise has a greenish yellow, the ascension is orange and bolt is kinda light gold. But those parts of the weapons are all supposed to be gold. All that's necessary for this change is to get the according skins, select the golden parts with a brush and change saturation and hue. Bump maps/ reflections stay the same.

Sorry, I still don't agree that this is a good thing, regardless of whether it's as easy as you suggest (I suspect it's not). Every color is going to conflict with something; I'd far prefer the design to be intrinsically good and let me worry about matching it.

Archived