WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions. - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions.

Comments

• iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    Players paid for PoF, they didnt pay for warclaw.

Again, and so done making this point, players paid for the mounts. They are a feature of PoF and just like we paid for the "free" living story (cost for LS4 included in PoF, just like cost for LS3 was included in HoT and LS1-2 in GW2) we already paid for any "free" content that require the expansion. Its called payment in advance or for a service.

That would be correct if you knew what you'd be getting ahead of time when you purchased the expansion. But to say you paid in advance for warclaw is bs. It's a WvW exclusive mount with the only thing PoF bringing to WvW is imbalanced elite specs. It wasnt a expansion centered around bringing mounts to WvW, it was strictly a PvE decision.

The fact its behind a p2w wall is poor planning and implementation. Almost feels as though those who say "I paid for it" really need a elite spec + a fast moving, CC immune, 10k shield to have an advantage against f2p core class players. It's pretty pathetic.

So, the fact that Gliders were added into WvW after HoT was not a clue that WvW was going to get Mounts after PoF to you? I hope you have an adult managing your money.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Or, you could just get the xpac and be competitive, because F2P accounts do not have elite specs either and are therefore free bags in WvW.

Or they could balance there game, not force players to purchase a expansion for elite specs that are supposed to be choices and not direct upgrades and encourage players to purchase the game for better PvE content and interesting events.

Just a thought.

Or, you could realize this is a MMO and not a MOBA/Fortnite game and that Xpacs are expected part of the game. F2P is NOT expected to be the whole game, it's a very extended free preview.

This is why I never wanted it to go free to play, because this kind of entitlement was what we were going to get.

Buy the Xpacs, support the game, and stop being free bags in WvW.

It being a MMO has nothing to do with anything. This is a game that adds expansion packs with no level increase so no matter what everyone will be able to interact with eachother. Meaning games that do offer expansions packs add the content after the previous level cap which seperates interaction from players who own and dont own the expansion. WoW is a great example of this.

Again f2p players arent asking for the entire game.

Even when Gliders were added to WvW it was met with controversy and even then it wasnt a p2w feature as everyone was able to fight it and wasnt as much of a balance breaking feature since it only worked in places you owned.

Mounts on the other hand are the opposite, they offer a far greater advantage because it comes with a burst attack, cc immunity, and a 10khp buffer.

They also have the option of not paying, finding another game, and letting your game population go to a bland state which would actually require the non realistic alliance system. The thing that may never come.

@PervMonk.4891 said:

you clearly don't understand the difference between pay 2 win and pay 2 play
    this game isn't free, the core game is just a demo if you want to play, pay like the rest of us. and stop whining you aren't getting free stuff cuz u want it, if you want to play f2p games then go play f2p games

What is pay 2 win then?
    Is it paying for a advantage?
    If you purchase Expansion packs are you not receiving those advantages?
    Is there not a gem store in the game to rake in the support of players without forcing its players to pay for a advantage in WvW?

The game is free. The balance breaking expansion pack isnt.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2019

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    They also have the option of not paying, finding another game, and letting your game population go to a bland state which would actually require the non realistic alliance system. The thing that may never come.

And also they have the option to buy the expansion and get its mount features both in PvE and WvW. So there is plenty of options available, yes. You can argue p2w all you want, its doesnt change anything.

edited June 2, 2019

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

And also they have the option to buy the expansion and get its mount features both in PvE and WvW. So there is plenty of options available, yes. You can argue p2w all you want, its doesnt change anything.

And thats where the poor implementation comes. They require a 30 dollar entry fee to be competitive in a mode just for a mount that shouldnt have been in the mode to begin with. 1 patch pretty much threw a extra gate on anyone who may have been even slightly interested in the game for the WvW.

Plenty of options? Nope, just one and thats to pay.

@PervMonk.4891 said:

i can continue discussion with someone that thinks buying expansions is pay 2 win lol
    if you want to see some p2w games take a look at black desert.
    and again gw2 has never been f2p, the core game is just an infinite demo
    you're just a leecher who wants everything for free and when the game shuts down due to lack of revenue. you just move to the next game and demand them to give it yo you for free.
    and as i said again if you want free games go play free games

If you think there is only 1 variation of p2w I can understand why you cant continue the discussion.

Perfectly fine with that.

Also an F.Y.I: I do own the expansions, Im a person who would prefer a highly populated balanced game. Sorry if I want healthy changes while your ok with sinking in your pool of bad decisions.

• Im starting to think someone needs a "donation" to get their PoF copy

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Which is how paying for stuff works.

Or what, do you go into a games store, get to the register after having picked up a random game and go "what do you mean I only have the option to pay for this or not get it, where is the third option?!?!"?

Your reply seems really out of context, and your example doesnt really work.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Or what, do you go into a games store, get to the register after having picked up a random game and go "what do you mean I only have the option to pay for this or not get it, where is the third option?!?!"?

How exactly is it out of context and dont work?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Because purchasing the expansion is not plenty of options for people who want to participate in WvW.

The reason why your example doesnt work is because your comparing a game store which is the supplier to a game company who creates and regulates content.

Your then comparing a f2p game with a game you have to purchase. Why is the person going to a store to buy a game with no money?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Because purchasing the expansion is not plenty of options for people who want to participate in WvW.

The reason why your example doesnt work is because your comparing a game store which is the supplier to a game company who creates and regulates content.

Your then comparing a f2p game with a game you have to purchase. Why is the person going to a store to buy a game with no money?

So whats the argument here? That f2p games should be... entirely free? Because people dont have money?

Thats not how f2p work in any game. Something always cost. Thats why we call it f2p, rather than simply just a free game. You seem to mix up the two.

GW2 f2p is kitten in many ways because its a demo. Limited BL access. Should we give that for free too? Should we give access to the revenant as well? F2p players are at a disadvantage! Map chat! Dear lord they dont have map chat!!! Lets give them the ability to rent map chat.

Raids, how do they survive without them? We need a f2p raid pass! Hell they cant even post om the forums for kittens sake. An 1200 gem option that give 1 month access to the forum perhaps. Oh oh that could also be how we solve the mounts! Rent them for a month for 800 gems.

Wait they cant convert gold to gems either. Because its a limited f2p account missing basic features.

Nevermind.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

So whats the argument here? That f2p games should be... entirely free? Because people dont have money?

Thats not how f2p work in any game. Something always cost. Thats why we call it f2p, rather than simply just a free game. You seem to mix up the two.

GW2 f2p is kitten in many ways because its a demo. Limited BL access. Should we give that for free too? Should we give access to the revenant as well? F2p players are at a disadvantage! Map chat! Dear lord they dont have map chat!!! Lets give them the ability to rent map chat.

Raids, how do they survive without them? We need a f2p raid pass! Hell they cant even post om the forums for kittens sake. An 1200 gem option that give 1 month access to the forum perhaps. Oh oh that could also be how we solve the mounts! Rent them for a month for 800 gems.

Wait they cant convert gold to gems either. Because its a limited f2p account missing basic features.

Nevermind.

That's where the context is lost. This is pertaining to a mount in WvW, no one is asking for f2p players to have access to all the content in the game.

Your also forgetting that this not only effects F2P players but Core and HoT players as well.

Understand the context, stop pushing the boundaries of what's being asked for.

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭

everyone in here just got jbaited into debating a non issue with a very bad player base.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Wood League News Network [WLNN]- www.twitch.tv/shirirx

• Ansau.7326Ansau.7326 Member ✭✭✭

The taxi from center of the city to the airport cost me today 32€, which is more than the expansion does.
    All this nonsense about the price, only PoF, not being included in X edition... are cheap excuses that blind people from the reality:
    1- Anet is a business selling a product (Gw2) to earn money, so both the owners and the employees can get paid and live their lives. Their economical model has been around buy-2-play expansions, has been in Gw2 and was the same in Gw1. And to get the full experience you have to go through then, it really surprises me people get mad to face this fact.
    2- This is an entertainment, not a necessity. And its cost is a tiny fraction of the cost of other type of entertainments, not even considering necessities. Complaining that you cannot save 20-30 bucks in months for a hobby or that you're reticent of paying that after spending hundreds of bucks in gems, is ridiculous.

Of course we have the discussion about the idoneity of mount in WvW, but that discussion goes far beyond the inaccessibility of non-PoF players, which is just a minor consequence of the bigger problem of implementing a PvE mechanic into a PvP game mode. And sincerely, using it to justify such an unfair and biased point of view does little to your favor.

@Whiteout.1975 said:
    -Snip to save page length-

Wish more people shared this mindset, game would be in somewhat of a healthier state for everyone and possibly more populated.

• NaramSin.2693NaramSin.2693 Member ✭✭
    edited June 4, 2019

The real question is, like I said before, not about spending money or not, ANET produce this great game and deserve the right credit, so I recommend buying the game because is the only way to let them made more great contents, but having said that even if You spend a lot of money (not in expansion for example) You don't have key resources in the game, I explained before how, and this is a great danger for this game future, binding stuff ONLY to the game expansions (just 50 € more or less) is not something that let them make money, what instead generate a great income is the engagement created letting people enjoy the game, the "advocacing marketing" derived from the word of mouth i.e. more people that join the game with F2P accounts and get involved in the game at the point that they start spending money (few or many) in the "GEM STORE" AND (hopefully) in the game expansions (during the time), this is a key concept to understand for ANET, if they cannot enjoy what a mount is (maybe a simple mount like the warclaw) or the gliding (maybe base) or masteries (Kryta) they will quite sure quit the game when they will see that the rest of the world around them are in a "different planet", YOU have to experience the game to be involved, for this reason there shouldn't be bugs in the core stories (there are a lot!), for this reason you can't do stupid things like kick someone from a story instance just because you reached the border, is not difficult to put there a "do you really want to leave the instance?" popup dialog! it will not upset them and they will enjoy the story instead send curses to the game designer.
    If You enjoy the game You buy FOR SURE an expansion or something from gem store in the time, but really, ANET keep this in mind: YOU MUST EXPERIENCE AND ENJOY THE GAME.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2019

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:
    Out of all the mmo ive played... Gw2 has the cheapest mount system, while keeping rhem unique and interesting. PoF not too expensive even when its not on special have has some awesome content will it

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:
    Free to play players don't deserve everything that paying customers do.

You get what you pay for in life and in this game.

Buy Path of Fire, most core classes are not meta for WvW anyway. More groups will want you in their party with an elite specialization.

Having a mount in WvW is a great selling point for Path of Fire and should remain the way it is.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:
    F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's not fair that people who paid get such an advantage!

How about we add a feature that gives players extra power in wvw based on the amount of money they spent on the game? One is expansion is nothing compared to what many people spent on the game. Why should people that spent that measly amount on PoF and Hot be on the same level field as those who regularly buy gems. Warclaw was not part of Pof anyway. Only people that spent more than 40 $ in the last 2 months should have it.

POF gives access to mounts, just like HOT gives access to gliding. By your reasoning, just because Warclaw wasn't in the game in September 2017, it should be available for everybody. And why would somebody spend $40 on gems instead of $20 for the expansion?

Oh, should core/F2P get Skyscale and Roller Beetle too? Only fair, because they weren't int he game in 2017, right? If I roll my eyes any harder I'll be able to see my brain.

They could put flying mounts that drop 1hko bombs for $1000 and I bet you will all think thats perfectly okay.

Came back from eso, 2 expansions for $80aus is perfectly fine rather than $250 per year for a craft bag and zero content @iKeostuKen.2738 or should everything be free? Or should anet make like fornite for some reason?

Not sure when a WvW mount meant all the expansion content of the game.

Well when i got mine it was pretty much $30 aus each, dirt cheap to unlock most the content.
    Gotta give the f2p a reason to buy the game (apart from the dirt cheap price).

There reason for purchasing the expansions is because they want to play PoF PvE content or the elite specs.

What other games have you paying real money for 1 mount for PvP which is the only way to obtain it? Not even EA is that scummy.

My memory could be bad as was a while ago but I believe u end up with three free mounts after u buy pof. I needed up with raptor,skinmmer and Springer by time was done exploring pof map. Not bad for a 20 dollar exp. Including especs on top.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:
    Out of all the mmo ive played... Gw2 has the cheapest mount system, while keeping rhem unique and interesting. PoF not too expensive even when its not on special have has some awesome content will it

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

Buy Path of Fire, most core classes are not meta for WvW anyway. More groups will want you in their party with an elite specialization.

Having a mount in WvW is a great selling point for Path of Fire and should remain the way it is.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:
    F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's not fair that people who paid get such an advantage!

How about we add a feature that gives players extra power in wvw based on the amount of money they spent on the game? One is expansion is nothing compared to what many people spent on the game. Why should people that spent that measly amount on PoF and Hot be on the same level field as those who regularly buy gems. Warclaw was not part of Pof anyway. Only people that spent more than 40 $ in the last 2 months should have it.

POF gives access to mounts, just like HOT gives access to gliding. By your reasoning, just because Warclaw wasn't in the game in September 2017, it should be available for everybody. And why would somebody spend $40 on gems instead of $20 for the expansion?

Oh, should core/F2P get Skyscale and Roller Beetle too? Only fair, because they weren't int he game in 2017, right? If I roll my eyes any harder I'll be able to see my brain.

They could put flying mounts that drop 1hko bombs for $1000 and I bet you will all think thats perfectly okay.

Came back from eso, 2 expansions for $80aus is perfectly fine rather than $250 per year for a craft bag and zero content @iKeostuKen.2738 or should everything be free? Or should anet make like fornite for some reason?

Well when i got mine it was pretty much $30 aus each, dirt cheap to unlock most the content.

There reason for purchasing the expansions is because they want to play PoF PvE content or the elite specs.

What other games have you paying real money for 1 mount for PvP which is the only way to obtain it? Not even EA is that scummy.

My memory could be bad as was a while ago but I believe u end up with three free mounts after u buy pof. I needed up with raptor,skinmmer and Springer by time was done exploring pof map. Not bad for a 20 dollar exp. Including especs on top.

Thats a PvE benefit, but it doesnt really help anyone in WvW.

edited June 5, 2019

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

Thats a PvE benefit, but it doesnt really help anyone in WvW.

Just stating pof is well worth the price and gives players more than enough for the cost. Not having warclaw is the same as not having e specs, both clearly put u at a disadvantage. Same arguement could be said that in a pvp mode all players should have equal access to specs and skill to make it more fair. f2p games have to make money to stay active so.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just stating pof is well worth the price and gives players more than enough for the cost. Not having warclaw is the same as not having e specs, both clearly put u at a disadvantage. Same arguement could be said that in a pvp mode all players should have equal access to specs and skill to make it more fair. f2p games have to make money to stay active so.

1) PoF isnt really worth the price for people who dont even like this game's PvE.
    2) Warclaw is on a completely different level then not having a elite spec.
    3) Same argument could not be said for PvP mode as no one is claiming that f2p/core/hot players should have access to all elite specs.
    4) Stop pushing the boundaries of what is actually being asked of those who want a fairer advantage in a mode that has poor mount implementation, which shouldnt have been added into the mode in the first place.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

Such a long discussion for one person who doesn't want to pay 30€. Even 15€ if you wait for the half price promotion which recently happened. Sorry, but if you can't even afford that I wonder how you can live otherwise? I mean internet connection, rent, food?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

1) PoF isnt really worth the price for people who dont even like this game's PvE.
    3) Same argument could not be said for PvP mode as no one is claiming that f2p/core/hot players should have access to all elite specs.
    4) Stop pushing the boundaries of what is actually being asked of those who want a fairer advantage in a mode that has poor mount implementation, which shouldnt have been added into the mode in the first place.

This game isn't worth playing for just pvp lol theres soo many better pvp games than gw2. Also just getting all the espects FOR pvp mods to not be at a disadvantage is worth the cost.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Such a long discussion for one person who doesn't want to pay 30€. Even 15€ if you wait for the half price promotion which recently happened. Sorry, but if you can't even afford that I wonder how you can live otherwise? I mean internet connection, rent, food?

If thats about me, hate to disappoint you but I actually have every expac.
    Also wouldnt really say that its just 15-30 dollars without understanding a person's position. I mean, why do many people not pay for subscriptions when its only "15" dollars a month.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This game isn't worth playing for just pvp lol theres soo many better pvp games than gw2. Also just getting all the espects FOR pvp mods to not be at a disadvantage is worth the cost.

Sadly thats true, pvp has slowly become absolute...yeah. Find myself falling asleep on the keyboard ingame due to nothing actually happening in WvW.

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

@Ryan.3675 said:
    Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

Well 30$ ain't much ... But idk you..

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Cook 3 meals of ramen instead of picking something up and you would save enough to purchase an expac. Eat ramen for 3-4 days and buy both. Then this discussion ends. I really have no sympathy here. I still say that mounts, while very nice to have, are not mandatory to play WvW.

• jul.7602jul.7602 Member ✭✭✭

Everyone in this comment thread is basically wrong. Main revenue for this game in the long run is gemstore purchases. I love how everyone is acting like they know business and using it to split the community.

Personally mounts should never have been in the game at all, but at the very least they need to be available to all expansions.

• @Kaiser.9873 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Cook 3 meals of ramen instead of picking something up and you would save enough to purchase an expac. Eat ramen for 3-4 days and buy both. Then this discussion ends. I really have no sympathy here. I still say that mounts, while very nice to have, are not mandatory to play WvW.

Where im from its be around 40-50 minutes work at your average pay rate.

So i completely agree, as gw2 is currently is one of the cheapest mmo's to play (gw2 is around $150 for ALL content/lws+expansions for 6 years worth of content where as its competitor eso is $250 per year for eso+ and chapters which are not covered...)

Because $40aus is not alot really.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2019

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Nevermind.

That's where the context is lost. This is pertaining to a mount in WvW, no one is asking for f2p players to have access to all the content in the game.

Your also forgetting that this not only effects F2P players but Core and HoT players as well.

Understand the context, stop pushing the boundaries of what's being asked for.

I don't think it matters what it pertains to to be honest. F2P players should be the LAST in line for consideration when Anet develops this game. I don't have a problem with the F2P idea ... everyone wants to kick the car tires before they buy ... it's when F2P becomes something more than a trial run AND starting to ask for things ... THAT is a problem.

I actually see no reason to give F2P mode anything that would related to future revenue of the game ... it severely devalues that offering when they do. You got a test drive and if you are not going to buy that car, I'm not going to give you that free air freshener for it either ... I mean ... why?

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

• Leaa.2943Leaa.2943 Member ✭✭

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    I almost hate to say this but seriously, the rest of us paid and paid again and did all the grinding. Sorry but it’s part of keeping the game makers in business, as well as being fair to the thousands that paid the price.

Lets be honest, No one bought this expac for a mount in WvW. This is the worst reasoning for why it shouldnt be for everyone.

Really? Because i seen a lot of WvW players who done exactly that. They joined WvW and realised that they are falling behind all though it is not as big of a deal as people want to make out of it, but never the less they bought the expac because of that and because of gliding as well. Not all WvW players steps outside of WvW and play PvE, i think we already settled that years ago :)

• By the Elitist's logic.

I paid for the core game when it first came out. None of you should be able to F2P. GTFO.

Stagmeister - 80 Guard
    Stagris - 80 Ranger

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2019

This reminds me of this auntie i saw last Saturday when i was in the Mall shopping for shoes with my mum.

There's this counter giving away cute lunch boxes. They were promoting some kind of mini rice cooker and of course would appreciate if you could spend 5 mins listening to their sales talk. Otherwise, just grab the free gift and a brochure with it.

This old auntie only wanted the gift but not interested in the rice cooker. When the guy gave her one, she asked if she could have another colour. The promoter was kind enough to switch for her. Then, she asked if she could have two because she has two grandchildren :smiley:

Seriously, if you cannot afford just $20 for a game that you said you love and enjoy, maybe you should play less and do something to improve your financial status. Get a job or two instead of asking for handouts. Idk.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

i feel bad that you

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• oOStaticOo.9467oOStaticOo.9467 Member ✭✭✭

F2P means you get the bare bones minimum basics to play the game. Then you get to see all the really cool shinies everybody else has and get to decide if you want to pay for the game to play with all the really cool shinies. You want all the cool kid stuff? Gotta pay the price for it.

• Doug.4930Doug.4930 Member ✭✭✭

Yea pretty much bought the expac for the mounts. WvW was unplayable without them. I avoid pve like the plague, so WvW is the only reason I play this game, and having grinded for my mount over a few days, I can honestly still say, that despite paying for the expac and grinding for my mount, I would gladly pay the same price over to see mounts removed.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I believe that we’re using the word ‘unplayable’ incorrectly here as WvW is very much still playable without the mount. Maybe ‘not fun’ would be closer to what you’re trying to say?

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

buy the expansion.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

don'y have that mount, have expansions, sometimes play wvw, do daily, and etc.
    Don't feel any big or little problem.

• Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭

As someone that ground out the mounts on two accounts now i agree they should allow rental in wvw. Its not like pve overworld f2p dont really need mounts in OW, but in wvw its a bad time without it. Enough to make a lot of wvw players that played before on f2p stop playing now in wvw because its painful to try and get anything done there without it. Its about impossible, it dont bother me at all if they let them rent the cat in wvw. Its not like they are taking it overworld after the match. I think people fail to understand the disparity there is between players with the mounts and players without.

Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

• My 2 cents
    I played this game on release for like 5 years and I pretty much quit 2 months after POF was released. I've got both expansions and recently came back to the game. I'm WvW player only and I play both havoc and zerg playstyle. So I didn't have a mount for like 3-4 weeks before I was like F this. IMO if you're zerging with an even semi competent group it is super hard to keep with the group as they move around the map. If you're running a decent zerg build we all know it's essential to stay with your group cause you're not built to be out there by your lonesome and you play a role your group needs. it puts you as a player in a tough spot because you need mad mobility to keep up and you are just not a useful player to the group if you do that. It's terrible for casuals/pugs it's already tough to stay together without comms or base level game dynamic understanding.
    Havoc is better I'm actually kind of shocked to not see more smaller groups because you can do some serious damage now as a smaller group in many aspects IMO. You can defend whole maps better, you can flank large fights better, you can deep strike into enemy areas to scout and setup attacks, and resupply faster.
    Bottom line is I think it makes you basically undesirable if you don't have it and that sucks for a game mode like WVW. WvW is great because of teamplay and it's a no brainer for any guild to want you to have one and if you're running a tag the non mount dude goes down why even pick em up? There should be access to the mount for everyone one way or another. I've played with and without it and I think if/when you don't have it you're basically a straight liability unless you're really really working it to keep together 100% of the time. It's simply not fun half your time if just trying to keep up.

• Blackarps.1974Blackarps.1974 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2019

I paid for both expansions and I wouldn't be against a mount rental that is purely there for speed purposes. It would even be nice for people like me with alt accounts that experienced the same thing. Trying to catch up to a zerg all on mounts to take a keep I needed for an achievement was very frustrating.

Sure, you could get into pay to win topics but there's no other real solution. Keeping it the way it is will keep anyone new from trying WvW and will frustrate anyone coming back to the game.

@Super Kruegs.8967 said:
    Bottom line is I think it makes you basically undesirable if you don't have it and that sucks for a game mode like WVW. WvW is great because of teamplay and it's a no brainer for any guild to want you to have one and if you're running a tag the non mount dude goes down why even pick em up?

You are already undesirable without PoF. Not having the mount doesnt really make you any more undesirable than that.

• @Ryan.3675 said:
    Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

OH did you think gw2 wasn't p2w? Here's a shocker for you, buy expansions or get ran over in wvw and pvp by players with overpowered elite classes that can only be obtained via buying an expansion essentially making this game p2w.

• @mindcircus.1506 said:
    I see no reason to accommodate a portion of the player base who do not spend money on this game.

The expansion has been priced as low as 20 bucks by itself. Considering what it's delivered for the price, I feel pretty comfortable leaving behind those who cannot be bothered to pay it.

The compromise? Offer the mount unlocked for 7-10 dollars a la carte.

youre literally making excuses for the game being p2w

• @charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:
    I see no reason to accommodate a portion of the player base who do not spend money on this game.

The expansion has been priced as low as 20 bucks by itself. Considering what it's delivered for the price, I feel pretty comfortable leaving behind those who cannot be bothered to pay it.

You can farm the gems to buy the expansions via the buy gems with gold feature.
    It takes just a few days of farming in the silverwastes which is open in the base free game.

Therefore all features can be unlocked through use of in game gold. Therefore not P2W.

• @DeathPanel.8362 said:

@charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

It takes just a few days of farming in the silverwastes which is open in the base free game.

Therefore all features can be unlocked through use of in game gold. Therefore not P2W.

um........can't buy expansions with gems.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mindcircus.1506 said:

If this is what you call Pay to Win you have a very rough road ahead as a gamer.

• @charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

um........can't buy expansions with gems.

I could've sworn I bought HOT with gems a long time back. Maybe it was just a temporary thing or just my memory being bad.
    In any case I'm not against being able to rent Mounts in WvW with coin or even heroic badges or just opening up Warclaw for all players period.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.