WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions. - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions.

124>

Comments

  • neven.3785neven.3785 Member ✭✭✭

    Prioritizes your spending more if you think this game is worth your free time. Whether it's cutting out a week of booze, getting regular coffee instead of lattes, or if you really are broke, it's a matter of putting a bit aside until you get enough to purchase. I've supported my family through some tough times and always found spending a little to buy an MMO saved a lot of money in entertainment costs. I even cut my cable once to buy a new game and support its subscription fees.

  • Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

    @charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

    @Ryan.3675 said:
    Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

    OH did you think gw2 wasn't p2w? Here's a shocker for you, buy expansions or get ran over in wvw and pvp by players with overpowered elite classes that can only be obtained via buying an expansion essentially making this game p2w.

    There are several core professions that are excellent in PvP and in WvW. I've been roaming around on a Radiant hammer guard lately, and having a blast.

  • The coms I follow don't use mounts. Why should they? With almost permanent swiftness? Mounts are only used by those who are running back - and since most classes have some speed boost option, you can do without a mount just fine.

    Warclaw is not a game changer. It is cute little addition.

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    The coms I follow don't use mounts. Why should they? With almost permanent swiftness? Mounts are only used by those who are running back - and since most classes have some speed boost option, you can do without a mount just fine.

    Warclaw is not a game changer. It is cute little addition.

    Did we just agree on something... Is the world ending?

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • @Cuks.8241 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    The coms I follow don't use mounts. Why should they? With almost permanent swiftness? Mounts are only used by those who are running back - and since most classes have some speed boost option, you can do without a mount just fine.

    Warclaw is not a game changer. It is cute little addition.

    Ah cmon. Warclaw is a huge game changer. Extra speed in home territories, extra evades, extra hp bar... Sorry but it changed almost all aspects of WvW. And very rarely I see commanders that don't run with it. I mean the response to what is happening on maps is just to slow these days.

    so rangers can't gank passing by lone zerglings while being out of range for any counter attack is a game changer? Rangers should be glad, because with warclaw there is slightly less pressure to nerf this profession into oblivion. For everybody else there is no real change.

  • @Kaiser.9873 said:

    @charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

    @Ryan.3675 said:
    Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

    OH did you think gw2 wasn't p2w? Here's a shocker for you, buy expansions or get ran over in wvw and pvp by players with overpowered elite classes that can only be obtained via buying an expansion essentially making this game p2w.

    There are several core professions that are excellent in PvP and in WvW. I've been roaming around on a Radiant hammer guard lately, and having a blast.

    That doesnt mean its not p2w

  • @neven.3785 said:
    Prioritizes your spending more if you think this game is worth your free time. Whether it's cutting out a week of booze, getting regular coffee instead of lattes, or if you really are broke, it's a matter of putting a bit aside until you get enough to purchase. I've supported my family through some tough times and always found spending a little to buy an MMO saved a lot of money in entertainment costs. I even cut my cable once to buy a new game and support its subscription fees.

    You're literally making excuses for the game being p2w

  • shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭✭

    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

  • grouchybhaal.4275grouchybhaal.4275 Member ✭✭✭

    While we are asking for things.... Can i get a free legendary because i dont wanna pay for it... Greatsword would be nice but a hammer would be ok aswell

  • shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:

    @shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    P2W implies paying for an advantage, not necessarily winning.

    implying $20 over 2 years requires some magnificent feat of skill.

    Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

  • Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:

    @shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    P2W implies paying for an advantage, not necessarily winning.

    Don't really think most players feel like buying an expansion is P2W. Buying an expansion is all about keeping the game afloat. Remember Death Knights? The tankmage of WoW. Had to buy the expansion to be able to play them.

  • iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kaiser.9873 said:

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:

    @shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    P2W implies paying for an advantage, not necessarily winning.

    Don't really think most players feel like buying an expansion is P2W. Buying an expansion is all about keeping the game afloat. Remember Death Knights? The tankmage of WoW. Had to buy the expansion to be able to play them.

    Yep, you did. But blizzard didnt screw the balance of other classes to make it so you had to buy DK. Plus level cap increase separated the pvp for those who didnt buy the expacs on release. This game does neither of those.

  • I agree with what others have said, warclaws should be available to all WvW players regardless of PoF ownership. They have enough problems with WvW retention, why create this barrier to interest more people.

    And honestly I think introducing mounts into WvW was a bad idea. A very minority opinion I'm sure, but I don't like the fact you can basically be anywhere on the map in a matter of seconds. Might as well have put incontestable waypoints everywhere.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019

    Even if this game is P2W, it's irrelevant. If you need to pay to compete at the same level as everyone else who has paid, then so be it. Pay up. If you don't, don't claim you are unfairly treated because you don't get the same advantages as a non-paying customer. That's just ridiculous. > @Bishop.2690 said:

    I agree with what others have said, warclaws should be available to all WvW players regardless of PoF ownership. They have enough problems with WvW retention, why create this barrier to interest more people.

    Sure ... but the problem is that these people who didn't want to buy PoF are probably less likely to pay for mount access in WvW, so it's not really a solution (Less assume that there must be some sort of payment for this access). Basically, they just want what others have paid for ... free. And that's unreasonable and ridiculous.

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

    they put mounts in there to get some quick bucks and left it high and dry lol No PoF? hahaha good luck keeping up with the blob where everything gets one shot with power creep engaging enemies with 15 seconds of stealth. By the time you catch up on foot everything is dead.

    Aurora Glade Server Leader

    [VR] Violent Resolution

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    buy expansion

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So you can afford an internet service provider and a pc, but not 30 euros on xpac? Sounds pure greed to me.

  • @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    So you can afford an internet service provider and a pc, but not 30 euros on xpac? Sounds pure greed to me.

    I bought the game in 2012. Then played the beta expansions and my Pc couldnt move that sheet. Im not gonna pay 30euros to play at 2fps.

  • I didn't like the way Anet implemented Gliders and Mounts in WvW.
    I would have preferred 1 or 2 dedicated maps in which to use them, keeping out the f2p profiles. I did not pay for the expansions to get benefits on WvW players.

    I like the idea of a rental or something that puts everyone on the same level. The difference must be only in the equipment and specializations.

  • @iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    Yep, you did. But blizzard didnt screw the balance of other classes to make it so you had to buy DK. Plus level cap increase separated the pvp for those who didnt buy the expacs on release. This game does neither of those.

    That's not true, because the release of the DK completely destroyed the Lv.60 twink meta.

    60 twinks were still extremely popular during this time and upon release, but the DK could basically start at level 60 and be an absolute powerhouse in battlegrounds compared to people who put hundreds of hours into their 60 twinks of another class. AV turned into nothing but 50% DKs just spamming death grip and within weeks the 60 twink population completely crashed and never revived.

  • subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020

    In many other situations I tend to be for upholding the models that involve paying and subscribing.

    When it comes to the WvW mount that is a notable exception for two very important reasons:

    1. ArenaNet have shared as part of their vision for GW2 that old content should not be invalidated. The mount in a competetive mode does just that. It invalidates prior purchases (vanilla, HoT, being competetive).

    2. I may not be a friend of F2P options in general (I tend to find the negatives outweighing the positives) but since they went ahead and introduced them: The mount disqualifies the entire reason for having F2P options. It makes it so we only reap the negatives of F2P (alts, spies, pinsnipers, tacters, hackers, trolls etc., people with no investment in their accounts) without reaping the benefits (introducing new real players to the mode who want to sample before purchase). The mount drives those players away.

    So, while I personally do not want the developers to waste any more time on the mount fiasco (and just leave it to rot which they have done with far more important things in WvW), they recently announced that the Q1 '20 work on WvW is yet again all about the mount. Then, any changes that does not include rental or freebie options to put all players on equal footing in this competetive mode is another failure of monumental proportions since it rocks the very foundation of this mode and makes the mode worse for everyone, not just the people without PoF.

    In fact, I would just have made the mount baseline for WvW by now to not waste more time on building a rental system. Why would you even spend time on that? That is just stupid greed. Maybe they could sell a few skins off a free mount to the PoF-less instead. It may seem like splitting hairs but it is a pretty big difference between introducing a convenience item and an inconvenience item. One is a service the other is disgusting P2W practises even if it targets the low end rather than the high end.

  • Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

    You not have to pay. Switch your ftp accounts that you use for spying with your main account that is hiding on a server that is trying to manipulate. Or quit being cheap and buy the game on your ftp accounts. Shake those razor blades and fish hooks out of your pockets.

  • miguelsil.6324miguelsil.6324 Member ✭✭✭

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    I almost hate to say this but seriously, the rest of us paid and paid again and did all the grinding. Sorry but it’s part of keeping the game makers in business, as well as being fair to the thousands that paid the price.

    Lets be honest, No one bought this expac for a mount in WvW. This is the worst reasoning for why it shouldnt be for everyone.

    I Did, could not care less for the elites ( that are terrible) nor the pve parts. I agree with the OP Wvw is different from other game modes and mount is too much of a change to be limited to the expac. ( mounts in wvw have much more use so should be bind to expac)

  • It's August 2020 and there is still NO option to buy or rent a mount in WvW without the expansion packs? Multiple friends and another person in my household quit this game due to this. We only play GW2 for WvW. We are not going to buy expansions just for a mount.

    Not allowing mounts in WvW without the expansions is a game breaking feature, and this game will never grow. Summit1g started streaming this game, and players will quit once they find out they can't use a mount in WvW.

    Again, I only played GW2 for the WvW. I do not want or need the expansions. I just want a mount in WvW, and it's not worth paying for an expansion just for a mount. Staff elementalists are fine without an expansion, so don't use the "you need the new specializations anyway" excuse.

    Please finally fix this issue.

  • Vrath.1754Vrath.1754 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ryan.3675 said:
    It's August 2020 and there is still NO option to buy or rent a mount in WvW without the expansion packs? Multiple friends and another person in my household quit this game due to this. We only play GW2 for WvW. We are not going to buy expansions just for a mount.

    Not allowing mounts in WvW without the expansions is a game breaking feature, and this game will never grow. Summit1g started streaming this game, and players will quit once they find out they can't use a mount in WvW.

    Again, I only played GW2 for the WvW. I do not want or need the expansions. I just want a mount in WvW, and it's not worth paying for an expansion just for a mount. Staff elementalists are fine without an expansion, so don't use the "you need the new specializations anyway" excuse.

    Please finally fix this issue.

    The base game is f2p, if you want to use mounts then pay $30 or whatever for the xpac bundle. It's not too much to ask.

    In addition warclaw gives unmounted players a run speed boost to keep up with the mounted players. So maybe if your multiple anecdotal friends go in together one of you can afford the xpac and give the others the boost after you level it up. Or you know do what we use to do and build in swiftness.

  • ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fengzhou.9853 said:

    @sephiroth.4217 said:
    As a paying member of this game that owns both expansions, I am fine with a rented version.

    It would make as a good selling point for one but it also gives WvW something unique.
    You can go to PvP to try fully maxed out characters, so I see no issue in making WvW a place to go if you want to try the basic mount. It might actually increase sales and population.

    I agree.

    NOT having a rental service, will just make people stop playing who didn't get in on the mount when it first came out and people where rushing to get the collection done.

    It's quite an unfun experience to get left behind/constantly creamed by enemies :<

    Get a commander tag and create your own squad in that case. With a squad you will be able to see other players around (which is needed for Blessing) and it make it possible to see if there are any getting attacked that. If there are player with Warclaw in our squad then they need to unlock https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw's_Blessing (total cost 16 WXP) and you and everybody that are running close enough will have that buff. Remember that even people with Warclaw can be in combat which means that wont be able to mount up when they need to away from a zerg.

    You will miss out on Elite specialization when you only have core or HoT and play in WvW.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ryan.3675 said:
    It's August 2020 and there is still NO option to buy or rent a mount in WvW without the expansion packs? Multiple friends and another person in my household quit this game due to this. We only play GW2 for WvW. We are not going to buy expansions just for a mount.

    Not allowing mounts in WvW without the expansions is a game breaking feature, and this game will never grow. Summit1g started streaming this game, and players will quit once they find out they can't use a mount in WvW.

    Again, I only played GW2 for the WvW. I do not want or need the expansions. I just want a mount in WvW, and it's not worth paying for an expansion just for a mount. Staff elementalists are fine without an expansion, so don't use the "you need the new specializations anyway" excuse.

    Please finally fix this issue.

    Yet you are still here playing WvW huh?

    Base PoF + HoT cost €30.

    A single mount skin cost €25.

    Think about that for a moment. Think real hard.

    IMO it would be absolute hilarity if Anet offered access to the warclaw only to those that dont want to buy expansions for... €25.

    Hey you'd get what you want, right? Cheaper than the expansions!

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2020

    They did introduce a WXP trait that lets you share your mount speed with a friend.

    Aside from that everything already said about the mount fiasco still holds true.

    It's quite sad how the Warclaw made it in before Alliances and with such a margin. Good priorities there, rewriting the physics and changing the maps to accomodate the mount while they seem to have major issues rewriting the physical confines of the mode and creating new maps that are actually conducive to the mode that they are put into.

    Eight years in the scoring system still doesn't reflect who performs best on even matchups.

    We still have a queue system so you have to wait to play. We still do not have a lobby even though every other mode has lobbies and hubs.

    We still have a server system with full servers so people can't come play the game with friends and paid transfers on a four year-old ad-hoc fix.

  • ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ryan.3675 said:
    We are not going to buy expansions just for a mount.

    Ok, but you should buy the expansions in order to play useful builds besides, like, burn guard.

  • kraai.7265kraai.7265 Member ✭✭✭

    whatwhat

    @shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    You win the chance to run away from any fight you might loose, have a free pass over any wvw zone with no fear of getting killed, you win an extra hp bar and 3 dodges-

  • shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @kraai.7265 said:
    whatwhat

    @shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    You win the chance to run away from any fight you might loose, have a free pass over any wvw zone with no fear of getting killed, you win an extra hp bar and 3 dodges-

    Why would I want to engage in a fight I might lose? I would rather escape and come back with more allies for an assured victory!

    Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

  • Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭

    @shiri.4257 said:

    @kraai.7265 said:
    whatwhat

    @shiri.4257 said:

    Why would I want to engage in a fight I might lose? I would rather escape and come back with more allies for an assured victory!

    This man knows what he’s talking about! 😂

  • Warclaw is not mandatory. You can still run. And if someone with a claw is nearby, they speedboost you.

    Stop being cheap. You use the services, you generate costs. It is mandatory for every company to make money to cover those costs. Buckle up and pay, if you don't want to run. But stop being agressive about it. Because if you don't pay, you are basically leeching off the paying customers.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Considering how cheap pof is, what's the problem. Buying it?

    As it is, warclaw isn't that great anymore. 9k barrier and no speed debuff from snare or cc and that's about it.

  • Why do people think a once of payment entitles them to years of content and updates.

    If you can't afford the expansion, suck it up, everyone else has paid, why do you think you deserve the same without paying for it.

    Infact anet should go the route of a monthly subscription. Atleast then we should get consistent updates and a lag free service. When will people realise that a once of payment is not enough to fund a mmo?

  • Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @kraai.7265 said:
    whatwhat

    @shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

    You win the chance to run away from any fight you might loose, have a free pass over any wvw zone with no fear of getting killed, you win an extra hp bar and 3 dodges-

    Clearly you've not tried solo roaming vs Gandara. Also it's 2 dodges on Warclaw, not 3.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck