WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions. - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions.

124>

Comments

• neven.3785neven.3785 Member ✭✭✭

Prioritizes your spending more if you think this game is worth your free time. Whether it's cutting out a week of booze, getting regular coffee instead of lattes, or if you really are broke, it's a matter of putting a bit aside until you get enough to purchase. I've supported my family through some tough times and always found spending a little to buy an MMO saved a lot of money in entertainment costs. I even cut my cable once to buy a new game and support its subscription fees.

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

@charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@Ryan.3675 said:
    Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

OH did you think gw2 wasn't p2w? Here's a shocker for you, buy expansions or get ran over in wvw and pvp by players with overpowered elite classes that can only be obtained via buying an expansion essentially making this game p2w.

There are several core professions that are excellent in PvP and in WvW. I've been roaming around on a Radiant hammer guard lately, and having a blast.

• The coms I follow don't use mounts. Why should they? With almost permanent swiftness? Mounts are only used by those who are running back - and since most classes have some speed boost option, you can do without a mount just fine.

Warclaw is not a game changer. It is cute little addition.

• Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    The coms I follow don't use mounts. Why should they? With almost permanent swiftness? Mounts are only used by those who are running back - and since most classes have some speed boost option, you can do without a mount just fine.

Ah cmon. Warclaw is a huge game changer. Extra speed in home territories, extra evades, extra hp bar... Sorry but it changed almost all aspects of WvW. And very rarely I see commanders that don't run with it. I mean the response to what is happening on maps is just to slow these days.

People here making comparison with pve games/modes. The most successful games these days are competitive pvp f2p games with cosmetic micro transactions like Fortnite, LoL. Add a p2w features in those games and you will very quickly see it fail.
    In the end WvW is a competitive mode or at least I hope they want to have it like that. Every p2win addition will only further reduce the player base. Myself I don't care how much the guy on the other side spent on the game, I would prefer we would all be on the same playing field so wins are skill based and not wallet based.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

The coms I follow don't use mounts. Why should they? With almost permanent swiftness? Mounts are only used by those who are running back - and since most classes have some speed boost option, you can do without a mount just fine.

Did we just agree on something... Is the world ending?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• @Cuks.8241 said:

Ah cmon. Warclaw is a huge game changer. Extra speed in home territories, extra evades, extra hp bar... Sorry but it changed almost all aspects of WvW. And very rarely I see commanders that don't run with it. I mean the response to what is happening on maps is just to slow these days.

so rangers can't gank passing by lone zerglings while being out of range for any counter attack is a game changer? Rangers should be glad, because with warclaw there is slightly less pressure to nerf this profession into oblivion. For everybody else there is no real change.

• @Kaiser.9873 said:

@charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@Ryan.3675 said:
    Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

OH did you think gw2 wasn't p2w? Here's a shocker for you, buy expansions or get ran over in wvw and pvp by players with overpowered elite classes that can only be obtained via buying an expansion essentially making this game p2w.

There are several core professions that are excellent in PvP and in WvW. I've been roaming around on a Radiant hammer guard lately, and having a blast.

That doesnt mean its not p2w

• @neven.3785 said:
    Prioritizes your spending more if you think this game is worth your free time. Whether it's cutting out a week of booze, getting regular coffee instead of lattes, or if you really are broke, it's a matter of putting a bit aside until you get enough to purchase. I've supported my family through some tough times and always found spending a little to buy an MMO saved a lot of money in entertainment costs. I even cut my cable once to buy a new game and support its subscription fees.

You're literally making excuses for the game being p2w

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭

p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Wood League News Network [WLNN]- www.twitch.tv/shirirx

• While we are asking for things.... Can i get a free legendary because i dont wanna pay for it... Greatsword would be nice but a hammer would be ok aswell

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:
    p2w would have to imply that you are paying to win something. what exactly are you winning in wvw?

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:

P2W implies paying for an advantage, not necessarily winning.

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

implying $20 over 2 years requires some magnificent feat of skill.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Wood League News Network [WLNN]- www.twitch.tv/shirirx

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

Don't really think most players feel like buying an expansion is P2W. Buying an expansion is all about keeping the game afloat. Remember Death Knights? The tankmage of WoW. Had to buy the expansion to be able to play them.

• iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

Don't really think most players feel like buying an expansion is P2W. Buying an expansion is all about keeping the game afloat. Remember Death Knights? The tankmage of WoW. Had to buy the expansion to be able to play them.

Yep, you did. But blizzard didnt screw the balance of other classes to make it so you had to buy DK. Plus level cap increase separated the pvp for those who didnt buy the expacs on release. This game does neither of those.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Legendary Defender.5631 said:

@neven.3785 said:

You're literally making excuses for the game being p2w

You seem to be confusing P2W (which GW2 is not) and B2P with a free trial (which GW2 is)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.