Q: Book of Vlast, Garden of the Gods... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Q: Book of Vlast, Garden of the Gods...

Topic,
so I have these two books from a collection. What are they for? How do I use them?

Book of Vlast
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Book_of_Vlast

Garden of the Gods
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Garden_of_the_Gods

Whenever I try to use them, I get the message "That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later"

Comments

  • Temporarily = not forever. They'll get fixed and re-enabled. You'll then be able to use aka read them.

  • DebraKadabra.5278DebraKadabra.5278 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

    Or rebuy Garden of the Gods from the heart vendor if you sold it like my clueless self did. : /

    "For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

  • OGDeadHead.8326OGDeadHead.8326 Member ✭✭✭

    @Thanathos.2063 said:
    Temporarily = not forever. They'll get fixed and re-enabled. You'll then be able to use aka read them.

    Thanks. Any actual use out of them though, besides being able to read them?

  • No, they're like most books: You can read them for some lore info and then fill your bank with them :(
    At least this time you have the option to sell them (and, if necessary, rebuy them for the same price).

  • Ojimaru.8970Ojimaru.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Thanathos.2063 said:
    No, they're like most books: You can read them for some lore info and then fill your bank with them :(
    At least this time you have the option to sell them (and, if necessary, rebuy them for the same price).

    Wait, how do you know that? Were the books working for you at one point?

    "Thief? How rude! I'm a Procurement Specialist." -Glenn Gynnafante

  • @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Wait, how do you know that? Were the books working for you at one point?

    Yes, the wiki has some text, too. At least the second one worked for me close to launch, iirc.

  • Taelac.7036Taelac.7036 Member ✭✭✭

    Has anyone tried selling the collection item and buying the vendor item, to see if that makes it readable?

    Good luck, have fun.

  • @Taelac.7036 said:
    Has anyone tried selling the collection item and buying the vendor item, to see if that makes it readable?

    It's not bugged, it's deactivated by Anet for a reason.

  • I've been periodically checking to see if I can buy back Garden of the Gods and I still can't yet.

    "For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

  • I can't even sell mine (along with a third to which I've for gotten the name of).

    Very annoying as I want the inventory space and the 50s each, but if I try to sell them I get the "That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later" message! I don't understand why I'm not allowed to at least sell them.

  • I think me being able to sell Garden of the Gods was a fluke. Either that, or I just destroyed it outright.

    "For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.