Skyscale Reflexes (Hard Mode)

So, there were three strategies that I used when completing the achievement:

1) I bought a Writ of Studied Speed and used that for an additional %15 movement speed (I was using a thief with Signet of Air)

2) I faced my camera toward the ground rather than to the Skyscale. This allowed me to better see each field as it appeared.

3) I realized that the ball tends to go the opposite direction than it did previously (i.e. if one ball was thrown to my right, the next would likely be thrown to my left, and vice versa)

Best of luck!

I wish they had an "old person mode" for some of the mini-games like this. I didn't really have an issue with the time-gated thing, in fact, after I thought about it, I actually agreed with their motives for it for the most part.

But to hand-mouse gate a mount seems a little unfair.

Thanks though Tainted Outcome.7481, I'll try your tips and see if they work for me. Luckily, I still have a bunch of mats to get for the saddle, so at least I don't have "hurry up and finish this last game" pressure to put on myself. :D

@"Lioness.6027" said:So I'm struggling at the same place. How did you finally get through it? I've tried for about 2 hours and no luck.

Although I haven't yet managed to beat this particular frustration, one thing I have found in almost 7 years of playing is that (at least for me) there's a point of diminishing returns if I struggle for too long. If I get too frustrated, I just keep spiraling down into worse and worse reactions and ability. If I force myself to just temporarily give up, and come back to it later, I sometimes find that I beat whatever it is, the very next time.

What often helps (while you're giving it a cooling off period), is reading a ton of tips, watching some videos of others doing the task, and then letting it "gel" for a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...