How to STARVE your Skyscale

ANET I can't, I just can't, this time you just outdid yourself.

So I got my Skyscale now and I decided to give the Rift Repair mastery a try. The first place I attempted it was Jahai Bluffs and as it turned out after "fixing" the rift it created a path of Volatile Magic. So I'm thinking to myself "hey this is a nice way to do the How to Feed Your Skyscale achievement. "So I go to Dragonfall and look for the rift near the Pact Camp, I "fix" it and a path of Volatile Magic appears again. HOWEVER as it turns out this Volatile Magic DOES NOT COUNT FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT.Meaning I am doing what the achievement requires of me, but the way I'm doing it is not approved by ANET. Because it's not like unlocking and fully mastering my new mount should provide some benefits, like making some achievements more easy.

Well thank you ANET, you really know how to make this game feel rewarding.

While the fit related achievements are bugged currently, How to Feed Your Skyscale can be completed by collecting regular Volatile Magic on the Dragonfall map.

Before you freak out again, while you can collect Volatile Magic from multiple different Dragonfall maps, there is a daily cap on collecting Volatile Magic from flying through it. Expect 2-3 days to complete the achievement.

@Cyninja.2954 said:While the fit related achievements are bugged currently, How to Feed Your Skyscale can be completed by collecting regular Volatile Magic on the Dragonfall map.

Before you freak out again, while you can collect Volatile Magic from multiple different Dragonfall maps, there is a daily cap on collecting Volatile Magic from flying through it. Expect 2-3 days to complete the achievement.

I know that, the fact I tried it in Dragonfall means I know how the achievement works, right? However I don't care, I'm angry because this mastery sounds like a shortcut for the achievement yet it's not, hence I feel cheated.

@Rikimaru.7890 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:While the fit related achievements are bugged currently, How to Feed Your Skyscale can be completed by collecting regular Volatile Magic on the Dragonfall map.

I know that, the fact I tried it in Dragonfall means I know how the achievement works, right? However I don't care, I'm angry because this mastery sounds like a shortcut for the achievement yet it's not, hence I feel cheated.

You feel cheated because you cant cheat? :astonished:

@Rikimaru.7890 said:

A shortcut to an achievement which can be done by flying up/down in Melandru's realm on Dragonfall at the wing or near the story related vista, both spots which have around 60-70 Volatile Magic and can't be missed since the story makes you pass them?

How much easier is this achievement supposed to get? It takes 5 minutes of work per day for 3-4 days without shortcut. Using a rift would even slow down the completion rate since the Volatile Magic is spaced out a lot further than those 2 spots I mentioned...

• 3 weeks later...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

A shortcut to an achievement which can be done by flying up/down in Melandru's realm on Dragonfall at the wing or near the story related vista, both spots which have around 60-70 Volatile Magic and can't be missed since the story makes you pass them?

How much easier is this achievement supposed to get? It takes 5 minutes of work per day for 3-4 days without shortcut. Using a rift would even slow down the completion rate since the Volatile Magic is spaced out a lot further than those 2 spots I mentioned...

I found the cluster of volatile magics at the wing but where is the story related vista cluster?

@Sarpan.9074 said:

I found the cluster of volatile magics at the wing but where is the story related vista cluster?

its in the green area vista towards kralk/island you start on.

@Sarpan.9074 said:

The story related vista is in Melandru's Realm part of the map in the east (west of the wing). From that vista just a few steps south-east are some cliffs with strait lines of Volatile Magic which can be traversed with long jumps from the bunny. You can also just use the skyscale and fly down (or up depending on where you are coming from) and gather that volatile magic.