Power block is bugged ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Power block is bugged ?

praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 1, 2019 in Mesmer

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Block
Why this has an internal cooldown of 3+ seconds in pvp/wvw? Wasnt this supposed 3s interval only for pve? "This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval."
Why it doesnt crit now if has over 3 seconds icd?

Oh yes. Something to think about : Mirage gain as new auto-attack aka first skill ambush skill, which is can be power blocked. Meanwhile thief stolen abilities are not affected by power block at all .
Shouldnt trait powerblock stolen skill as its not auto-attack but regular skill. And ambush NOT power blocked?

From more tests : doesnt do damage/weakness more often than once per 3 seconds but can apply 15s cd on skills. Doesnt work as intended anyway.I
mo should do extra damage if target was immune to power block effect, except it was an auto attack. Looking at thieves

Comments

  • Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭

    Maybe move this to dueling master tier and add a new grandmaster trait to domination hehe

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019

    @Tayga.3192 said:
    Maybe move this to dueling master tier and add a new grandmaster trait to domination hehe

    Should I remind you that instead of deleting/reworking chronophantasmsa they prefer to nerf core phantasms/utilities? In other words making something new its not about them

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just adding that this skill deals less damage and has less multiplier than impact disruption, while being a grandmaster.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

    Power Block: The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.
    ^ From the patch notes. Players dont have defiant bar. This trait must be fixed.
    I mean, should I just go to bug report section ? OR ?

  • How are you testing to see if it works or not? Also, do you have any footage from both players perspectives to show what is happening?

    A grandmaster trait like this failing to function on players would be most unfortunate. Usually I do not use Domination, but have been interested it in more lately since picking up a one handed sword on mirage.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

    @Delofasht.4231 said:
    How are you testing to see if it works or not? Also, do you have any footage from both players perspectives to show what is happening?

    A grandmaster trait like this failing to function on players would be most unfortunate. Usually I do not use Domination, but have been interested it in more lately since picking up a one handed sword on mirage.

    Why should I have a footage to prove something is bugged? Especially from both lol
    I didnt know myself even tho I was using it and noticed that skills I interrupt are not getting 15s cd but literally 3-4 seconds later.
    It was simple : grab a friend, he will spam autos,interrupt with mantra, he can breakstun or wait this 1.5s daze,then he continue to spam autos,u interrupt second time, no damage proc, just regular interrupt, no weakness either

  • Daccura.4769Daccura.4769 Member ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

    Power Block does not work on Auto Attacks, at least the part with the increased cooldown - that only works for other Skills. If however there is an internal cooldown then yeah it is bugged and that is actually huge since it is a grandmaster and interrupt builds rely on that ability.

    Example:
    You use mirage thrust to interrupt someone while they use their 4th Skill - dmg proc and the skill cooldonw is not on a 4s timer (i think it was 4 for any interrupt wasn't it?) but it is now on a 15s timer before he can use the skill again.
    Now in the same scenario after like 1s you Daze your opponent with F3 while he uses his heal skill as an example - dmg proc AND the skill cooldown is on a 15s timer.
    This is important. There can't be an ICD for enemy players for this, otherwise it is really a garbage Grandmaster Trait and keeping track of ICDs is completely a pain.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

    I just described in OP an example, thats pathetic 1500 base damage once per 3 seconds IF you interrupt. If anything this should crit fo liker 6k as huge punishment,not pathetic 1.500

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just another weaker version of other professions trait.
    It seems nowadays mesmer is the trashbin of shttraits.

  • @praqtos.9035 said:

    I just described in OP an example, thats pathetic 1500 base damage once per 3 seconds IF you interrupt. If anything this should crit fo liker 6k as huge punishment,not pathetic 1.500

    1500 damage is fine without an ICD on players, which it specifically says only an ICD on defiance bar enemies (PvE content).

    "This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval"

    This does not apply to players, you are assuming without footage of it's failures. Meaning, unless you are showing it's broken in the way you describe, then you are just not using it appropriately. Yes autoattack abilities are not placed on a 10s CD, simply because that would be a bit odd to lock someone out of using basic attacks.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

    @Delofasht.4231 said:

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    I just described in OP an example, thats pathetic 1500 base damage once per 3 seconds IF you interrupt. If anything this should crit fo liker 6k as huge punishment,not pathetic 1.500

    1500 damage is fine without an ICD on players, which it specifically says only an ICD on defiance bar enemies (PvE content).

    "This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval"

    This does not apply to players, you are assuming without footage of it's failures. Meaning, unless you are showing it's broken in the way you describe, then you are just not using it appropriately. Yes autoattack abilities are not placed on a 10s CD, simply because that would be a bit odd to lock someone out of using basic attacks.

    Wrote about it alrdy but if you are blind I cant help you.

  • Jazz.4639Jazz.4639 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

    i just tested it with a friend in pvp and there was no 3 secs icd. also powerblock only works on skills having a cd, so for ex thief weaponskills or autoattacks dont get a higher cd but it should trigger the weakness/ dmg.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

    From more tests : doesnt do damage/weakness more often than once per 3 seconds but can apply 15s cd on skills. Doesnt work as intended anyway.I
    mo should do extra damage if target was immune to power block effect, except it was an auto attack. Looking at thieves ;)

  • Jazz.4639Jazz.4639 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

    yes same result here after testing again

  • Vague Memory.2817Vague Memory.2817 Member ✭✭✭

    The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of time.

  • melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2019

    obviously power block would not work on autoattack (skill 1) else it would be a long duration daze

    don't you think?

    or having all weaponskills on cooldown, to get your autoatatck on a 15 sec cd so you can walk circles, sounds like a great idea

    the icd also only is for pve, players have no breakbar.

    it's literally the same as superior sigil of draining/absorbtion/you name it

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2019

    @melandru.3876 said:
    obviously power block would not work on autoattack (skill 1) else it would be a long duration daze

    don't you think?

    or having all weaponskills on cooldown, to get your autoatatck on a 15 sec cd so you can walk circles, sounds like a great idea

    the icd also only is for pve, players have no breakbar.

    it's literally the same as superior sigil of draining/absorbtion/you name it

    Your comment make no sense at all, why you bother posting? (If OP confused you, I didnt mean it should powerblock autos but it blocks mirage ambush which takes place of auto)

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2019

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:
    The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of time

    Steal happens roughly every 10 seconds and every 10 seconds he get 2 plasma...Like they desperately wanted thief to coutner cmirage,mirage got stomped to the ground,plasma is still even more busted than ever...
    And ofc thief is immune to chill/interrupts. Not like they dont have enough unstacasts

  • Vague Memory.2817Vague Memory.2817 Member ✭✭✭

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:
    The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of time

    Steal happens roughly every 10 seconds and every 10 seconds he get 2 plasma...Like they desperately wanted thief to coutner cmirage,mirage got stomped to the ground,plasma is still even more busted than ever...
    And ofc thief is immune to chill/interrupts. Not like they dont have enough unstacasts

    Thief had consume plasma way before Mirage or Chrono when there were only vanilla specs. Bizarre thing is back then thief was hard counter to Mes, and they were almost impossible to fight 1 on 1. Power chono struggles against them now after several rounds of nerfing, but then again power mes has been degraded significantly and has problems against most classes and specs, especially condi.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:
    The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of time

    Steal happens roughly every 10 seconds and every 10 seconds he get 2 plasma...Like they desperately wanted thief to coutner cmirage,mirage got stomped to the ground,plasma is still even more busted than ever...
    And ofc thief is immune to chill/interrupts. Not like they dont have enough unstacasts

    Thief had consume plasma way before Mirage or Chrono when there were only vanilla specs. Bizarre thing is back then thief was hard counter to Mes, and they were almost impossible to fight 1 on 1. Power chono struggles against them now after several rounds of nerfing, but then again power mes has been degraded significantly and has problems against most classes and specs, especially condi.

    Agreed... Unless you play vs peeps that have no idea what there doing, only chance is to Gs burst & hope you don't miss. But anything else other then that, has been put into the garbage.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.