PvP Amulet and Rune Additions — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP Amulet and Rune Additions

edited October 4, 2017 in PVP

Hey folks,

As mentioned previously, we’ve been considering new amulets and runes. This is our current proposed list of additions.

Amulets
Celestial
• All stats except Expertise and Concentration: 460
Grieving
• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision 560, Ferocity: 560
Harrier
• Power: 1200, Healing: 900, Concentration: 900
Marshall
• Power: 1050, Healing: 1050, Precision: 560, Condition Damage: 560
Name TBD
• Power: 1050, Precision: 1050, Healing: 560, Vitality: 560
Name TBD
• Power 1050, Precision: 1050, Condition Damage: 560, Vitality: 560
Name TBD
• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Vitality: 560, Precision: 560

Runes
We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Ben Phongluangtham
Game Designer
Reddit: ANET_BenP
Twitch: AnetBenP

Tagged:
<134

Comments

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Hey folks,

As mentioned previously, we’ve been considering new amulets and runes. This is our current proposed list of additions.

Amulets
    Celestial
    • All stats except Expertise and Concentration: 460
    Grieving
    • Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision 560, Ferocity: 560
    Harrier
    • Power: 1200, Healing: 900, Concentration: 900
    Marshall
    • Power: 1050, Healing: 1050, Precision: 560, Condition Damage: 560
    Name TBD
    Name TBD
    Name TBD
    • Power 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision: 560, Ferocity: 560
    Name TBD

Runes
    We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Looks like you have Grieving listed twice one as TBD name second to last.

• Sounds like overall a huge gift to condi specs which are already broken and not fun to play against.

• @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Looks like you have Grieving listed twice one as TBD name second to last.

Oops! Removed the second one.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

• Exciton.8942Exciton.8942 Member ✭✭✭

Name TBD
    Name TBD

Very interested in these two. Could potentially help ppl come up with hybrid damage builds.

• Elxdark.9702Elxdark.9702 Member ✭✭✭

What about sigils? are you adding them?

Trash NA thief HITZER
    twitch

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Name TBD

this seems really something.

• Daharahj.1325Daharahj.1325 Member ✭✭✭

Marshal weaver here we go bois.

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭

As someone who likes playing hybrid damage builds all of these are exciting for me.

General question Ben. How does the team come up with the amulet names?

• cgMatt.5162cgMatt.5162 Member ✭✭✭

When does it go live?

edited October 4, 2017

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

We make them up and then editing makes us change them, and then it goes live.

Well I'd love the below to be called Wardens Amulet if there wasnt already one on the table :)

When does it go live?

Probably mid season so if any prove too OP they can be rebalanced/removed.

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

Runes

Why not Scourge? I understand not adding Rebirth, but whats wrong with scourge runes? 3k barrier on a 75sec cooldown is hardly OP, and sPvP has a definitive lack of condi damage + healing power amulets.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if ferocity could be added onto the amulets with power and precision to balance out the fact that condition damage requires only 1 stat.

Any comment on this Ben?

• @Crinn.7864 said:

Runes

Why not Scourge? I understand not adding Rebirth, but whats wrong with scourge runes? 3k barrier on a 75sec cooldown is hardly OP, and sPvP has a definitive lack of condi damage + healing power amulets.

Because the team is clearly going to be making massive changes to Scourge. It was marketed as a support spec, and yet currently the damage numbers it puts out are unacceptable in every applicable mode. From PvE to WvW or SPvP, Scourge has become MANDATORY.

• kKagari.6804kKagari.6804 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:

Runes

I think they have issues with 'cheat death' mechanics these days.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Runes

But Scourge isn't a "death cheat"... It procs on 50% HP, which mean it work like some traits such as Stone Form or Defy Pain.
    And I'm pretty sure we have Cheat Death traits in some professions. I remember Berserker having one and I think Soulbeast have one too.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Raider (Rank 4444) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 29k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Sabetha Deadeye

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Runes

I didn't realize a 3k barrier was "cheating death"
    Never mind the fact we already have a rune that procs stealth.

@Lost Elegy.9276 said:
    Because the team is clearly going to be making massive changes to Scourge. It was marketed as a support spec, and yet currently the damage numbers it puts out are unacceptable in every applicable mode. From PvE to WvW or SPvP, Scourge has become MANDATORY.

We are talking about Rune of the Scourge, not Scourge the elite spec.

Rune of the Scourge isn't even a good rune for Scourge compared to already existing options such as Scavenging or Tormenting runes.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭

exciting stuff my dude

Mastered in Classics, don't think I can land this
    Think we're gonna crash blissfully out of the sky

• Hana.8143Hana.8143 Member ✭✭✭

Well, it’s good to see celestial is making a come back !
    Scourge’s rune is not a cheat death runes (rebirth is), but I think the amount of barrier would be broken with some spec.

Appreciate that kind of news (better than the « no signet of restoration yet » for the Eles)

• Ziooo.8932Ziooo.8932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

I would be a bit careful with the last 2 ammys, they seems to be pretty much the same with different majors/minors and could be pretty strong with Sb's and scourges... i like hybrid builds, but idk... some skills have a kinda high base damage already.

TY for the nerfed cele, 460 (down from 560 if i remember correctly) seems pretty good.

Necro mains either are masochists or become masochists after a balance patch.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

We make them up and then editing makes us change them, and then it goes live.

Any chance you can make one of the names funny? You guys had a sense of humour once upon a time. (vial of salt - took a lot of tears to make this)

I know some people get upset by silly stuff like a mini pet fish on land, but that didn't stop you from attaching an ugly quaggan to a club for a hammer skin.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SCREEN CLEANING SERVICE
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion - Playing till last friend leaves.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

Marshall will break the game with immortal firebrands and their 2000 stacks of burning. Please don't add that.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• Ario.8964Ario.8964 Member ✭✭✭

If we are adding amulets why is there no consideration towards mercenary or soldier? Both of those amulets would be good to have back in this game as they are bruiser amulets which the lack of is creating such a burst heavy damage meta! Also why is cele being nerfed that much, pre removal it was 560 so I expected the comeback to be about 500 for each stat which is still a significant nerf but 460? kitten that's gonna hurt. Hopefully there will be some fluidity on the numbers if this doesn't work out. If it ends up working fine then that's cool but with just that I don't know, guess I'll have to do some testing to see..

Insert impressive information about me that surprises you and earns respect.

• Vitali.5039Vitali.5039 Member ✭✭✭

@Razor.6392 said:
    Marshall will break the game with immortal firebrands and their 2000 stacks of burning. Please don't add that.

They can't afford to have low health.

• @Lost Elegy.9276 said:
    Celestial seems blatantly weaker than it should be. If scourge is allowed to press 2 buttons and obliterate 5 players at once, I should have my 550+ to all ammy. This is a completely different era than the vanilla celestial crisis. +All doesn't mean much anymore, especially when extremist builds are popular and powerful.

Yeah I'm pretty sure with just 460 stats there won't be a single class that can find use for it sadly :(

• I will second the confusion over excluding Scourge runes. It seems really arbitrary, given a 3k barrier once every 75 seconds is pretty low-key with the damage that gets pumped out by all specs.

Plague Signet is the only skill in the game that is worse when traited.

• messiah.1908messiah.1908 Member ✭✭✭

nice changes but all of them base on power, what about other states.

so what about these:

1050 condition, 1050 healing , 560 vitality, 560 precision
    1200 healing, 900 vitality, 900 condition
    1050 condition, 1050 healing, 560 toughness, 560 precision/power
    1050 concentration, 1050 condition, 560 healing, 560 precision
    and more....

• @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

@Chapell.1346 said:
    I do not know if giving compliments for adding all these kitten into the game while ruining my number immersion is necessary, i assure you for the sake of fun it'll not work. Fasten my pip gain a little bit to get those Ascended marks may be while neglecting who counters what or vice versa.
    Yes please, do a tighter bonding with your Art team, and if all things fail maybe start cooperating more on your Gameplay Designer to start those next Generation Elite spec to counter play/build the previous one, because clearly based on feedback,they don't.
    I wish you more Gems sale.

???????

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more like?

• kKagari.6804kKagari.6804 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Runes

I didn't realize a 3k barrier was "cheating death"
    Never mind the fact we already have a rune that procs stealth.

@Lost Elegy.9276 said:

We are talking about Rune of the Scourge, not Scourge the elite spec.

Rune of the Scourge isn't even a good rune for Scourge compared to already existing options such as Scavenging or Tormenting runes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Ways_(song)

• OriOri.8724OriOri.8724 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not complaining about not getting another rune with a passive defensive proc, but why aren't you adding rune of the scourge to PvP? Its less effective than endure pain is, since its only a barrier instead of 2 second physical damage immunity, and its on a longer CD as well. So if its honestly considered "too strong" then there are several passive proc traits that also need looking into as well.

Eyyyy I unlocked signatures

• With the new ones I still see a lack of toughness.

• BlackBeard.2873BlackBeard.2873 Member ✭✭✭

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:
    With the new ones I still see a lack of toughness.

That is true across-amulets, as they had to remove most toughness when they added boatloads of hard-mitigation abilities with HoT. The power-creep has stayed mostly constant, although most PoF elites skew towards insane damage. Maybe they'll add toughness amulets (like soldier and cleric) back some day and nerf the stupid abilities that are the problem.

• @Sigmoid.7082 said:

Hahaha I was asking myself that too.
    My face is purging because of the guy barfing Condi.

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.