PvP Amulet and Rune Additions

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

As mentioned previously, we’ve been considering new amulets and runes. This is our current proposed list of additions.

AmuletsCelestial• All stats except Expertise and Concentration: 460Grieving• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision 560, Ferocity: 560Harrier• Power: 1200, Healing: 900, Concentration: 900Marshall• Power: 1050, Healing: 1050, Precision: 560, Condition Damage: 560Name TBD• Power: 1050, Precision: 1050, Healing: 560, Vitality: 560Name TBD• Power 1050, Precision: 1050, Condition Damage: 560, Vitality: 560Name TBD• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Vitality: 560, Precision: 560

RunesWe’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey folks,

As mentioned previously, we’ve been considering new amulets and runes. This is our current proposed list of additions.

AmuletsCelestial• All stats except Expertise and Concentration: 460Grieving• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision 560, Ferocity: 560Harrier• Power: 1200, Healing: 900, Concentration: 900Marshall• Power: 1050, Healing: 1050, Precision: 560, Condition Damage: 560Name TBD• Power: 1050, Precision: 1050, Healing: 560, Vitality: 560Name TBD• Power 1050, Precision: 1050, Condition Damage: 560, Vitality: 560Name TBD• Power 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision: 560, Ferocity: 560Name TBD• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Vitality: 560, Precision: 560

RunesWe’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Looks like you have Grieving listed twice one as TBD name second to last.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:General question Ben. How does the team come up with the amulet names?

We make them up and then editing makes us change them, and then it goes live.

Well I'd love the below to be called Wardens Amulet if there wasnt already one on the table :)

• Power: 1050, Precision: 1050, Healing: 560, Vitality: 560

When does it go live?Probably mid season so if any prove too OP they can be rebalanced/removed.

Celestial seems blatantly weaker than it should be. If scourge is allowed to press 2 buttons and obliterate 5 players at once, I should have my 550+ to all ammy. This is a completely different era than the vanilla celestial crisis. +All doesn't mean much anymore, especially when extremist builds are popular and powerful.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Runes
We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Why not Scourge? I understand not adding Rebirth, but whats wrong with scourge runes? 3k barrier on a 75sec cooldown is hardly OP, and sPvP has a definitive lack of condi damage + healing power amulets.

Because the team is clearly going to be making massive changes to Scourge. It was marketed as a support spec, and yet currently the damage numbers it puts out are unacceptable in every applicable mode. From PvE to WvW or SPvP, Scourge has become MANDATORY.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Runes
We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Why not Scourge? I understand not adding Rebirth, but whats wrong with scourge runes? 3k barrier on a 75sec cooldown is hardly OP, and sPvP has a definitive lack of condi damage + healing power amulets.

I think they have issues with 'cheat death' mechanics these days.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:
Runes

But Scourge isn't a "death cheat"... It procs on 50% HP, which mean it work like some traits such as Stone Form or Defy Pain.And I'm pretty sure we have Cheat Death traits in some professions. I remember Berserker having one and I think Soulbeast have one too.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:
Runes

I didn't realize a 3k barrier was "cheating death"Never mind the fact we already have a rune that procs stealth.

@Lost Elegy.9276 said:Because the team is clearly going to be making massive changes to Scourge. It was marketed as a support spec, and yet currently the damage numbers it puts out are unacceptable in every applicable mode. From PvE to WvW or SPvP, Scourge has become MANDATORY.

We are talking about Rune of the Scourge, not Scourge the elite spec.

Rune of the Scourge isn't even a good rune for Scourge compared to already existing options such as Scavenging or Tormenting runes.

Well, it’s good to see celestial is making a come back !Scourge’s rune is not a cheat death runes (rebirth is), but I think the amount of barrier would be broken with some spec.

Appreciate that kind of news (better than the « no signet of restoration yet » for the Eles)

Archived