signets of suffering change/ buff

I can't think of a single scenario where Signets of Suffering is useful. In PvE you will want Close to Death, in PvP you will want Spiteful Spirit. From my experience, most players run 1 signet (Signet of Spite if on power Reaper, Signet of Undeath if Heal Scourge). Some might run 2 but honestly, with the current state of signets, it is not worth taking a GM trait to buff them, whether in functionality or in group utility (which doesn't make sense).

Well, this GM trait grant the passive while in shroud which make traited vampirism, spite and locust quite usefull when traited and you are looking for a resilient build that still deal interesting damage. The "meta" just isn't geared toward this kind of concept, but players define the meta. A full signet core Necromancer could very well be a huge pain to kill in PvP.

The paladin Wells power reaper can get a big sustain boost when it traits Signets of Suffering, Signet of Vampirism and Plague Signet as the third utility. Nobody plays it, but that's a tanky (but also harder to master) alternative to the basic Spiteful Spirit build.

Reference:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Vampiric_Greatsword(The build is outdated: change Decimate Defenses to Soul Eater!)

@Methuselah.4376 said:I can't think of a single scenario where Signets of Suffering is useful. In PvE you will want Close to Death, in PvP you will want Spiteful Spirit. From my experience, most players run 1 signet (Signet of Spite if on power Reaper, Signet of Undeath if Heal Scourge). Some might run 2 but honestly, with the current state of signets, it is not worth taking a GM trait to buff them, whether in functionality or in group utility (which doesn't make sense).

if you've actually used the trait for any amount of time, you would realize that the cooldown mod from this trait can be pretty good. the signets themselves aren't all that powerful, but they could be with some buffs.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:so instead of improved passive effects, this gm trait grants allies and yourself your sig passives while in shroud.plague sig - 600 range, transfers condis from allies onto foessig of undeath - each ally grants you more lf, so a total of 9% every 3sec

i personally like the current version no changes thanks... the signets are the issue not the trait.Signet of spite giving power but inflicting conditions on active use what.. why not a power style active.. or if its gonna inflict condiitons why is it missing chilled, slow, and burning for the long cooldown it naturally has

Plauge signets passive needs to just be reworked completely

Signets of suffering itself though is actually fine as is. If you want support in trait reworks start looking at the blood magic / scourge lines instead. Spite is not really the place for that.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Well, this GM trait grant the passive while in shroud which make traited vampirism, spite and locust quite usefull when traited and you are looking for a resilient build that still deal interesting damage. The "meta" just isn't geared toward this kind of concept, but players define the meta. A full signet core Necromancer could very well be a huge pain to kill in PvP.

Been running signet reaper before the quickness change tbh it works fairly well until you you fight some heavy condition builds. or 1 shot builds then again not much really works well against a 1 shot build you just have to hope you can dodge or not get hit.

Would argue that only spite, and plague signets need some fixes.Spite - either make the active power based, or add missing conditions to its current mechanic, slow, chill, burningPlauge- new passive of some sort as the current one provides no real benefit (nearly all risk no reward) i get the idea behind it pull lots of condis pop the signet but realistically no one uses it that way because it is a breakstun using it that way is not wise. Most either wait to be condi bombed first or will use it when they get cc'ed.

Also ive toyed with core signet a good bit it is very resilient depending on how you build it but as you would expect core lacks damage and pressure to really do much. Unless some one really respects you you dont get away with very much. Aggressive players will run you right over as core cannot force anyone to respect it with full signets.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:so instead of improved passive effects, this gm trait grants allies and yourself your sig passives while in shroud.plague sig - 600 range, transfers condis from allies onto foessig of undeath - each ally grants you more lf, so a total of 9% every 3sec

i personally like the current version no changes thanks... the signets are the issue not the trait.Signet of spite giving power but inflicting conditions on active use what.. why not a power style active.. or if its gonna inflict condiitons why is it missing chilled, slow, and burning for the long cooldown it naturally has

Signets of suffering itself though is actually fine as is. If you want support in trait reworks start looking at the blood magic / scourge lines instead. Spite is not really the place for that.

Good point about Signet of Spite. It's silly to have a passive that needs Power and an active that needs Condition Damage.

Condition rework: Passive now gives +180 condition damage (270 traited). Active remains the same.

Or, Power rework: Passive remains the same. Active now gives you 3 seconds Quickness and target 2 seconds of Slow. If target is below 50% health, it is knocked down for 1 second and you gain an additional 3 seconds Quickness. Traited increases Slow and KD duration. Purpose is to set up for a damage spike, and keeping in line with Spite traits to further punish foes below 50% health.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

Good point about Signet of Spite. It's silly to have a passive that needs Power and an active that needs Condition Damage.

Condition rework: Passive now gives +180 condition damage (270 traited). Active remains the same.

Or, Power rework: Passive remains the same. Active now gives you 3 seconds Quickness and target 2 seconds of Slow. If target is below 50% health, it is knocked down for 1 second and you gain an additional 3 seconds Quickness. Traited increases Slow and KD duration. Purpose is to set up for a damage spike, and keeping in line with Spite traits to further punish foes below 50% health.

I don't particularly like either one of those options Signet of spites passive is solid as is its active just needs a tune up for 2019 this could be done by adding the mission conditions or reducing the cd of the skill because of it missing conditions.I suggest adding the missing conditions to signet of spite slow, chill, burning keep the passive power the same or reduce the cooldown slightly.

Plague signet passive rework: slightly improves condition damage copy conditions from yourself to foes when struck within the range threshold at a set interval. Active remains the sameBase + 60 condition damage copy 1 condition from yourself when struckWith Trait + 120 condi damage copy 2 conditions from yourself when struck.

Range threshold 450 interval 3 seconds

Honestly just swap the two actives and change plague passive to +180/270 condition damage

Spite would have +180/270 power, active transfers all conditions on you to the target and breaks stun. 30s CD

Plague would have +180/270 condi damage, active gives the enemy everything spite signet does + 1 burn 3s, slow 5s, chill 5s. 60s CD

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:I can't think of a single scenario where Signets of Suffering is useful. In PvE you will want Close to Death, in PvP you will want Spiteful Spirit. From my experience, most players run 1 signet (Signet of Spite if on power Reaper, Signet of Undeath if Heal Scourge). Some might run 2 but honestly, with the current state of signets, it is not worth taking a GM trait to buff them, whether in functionality or in group utility (which doesn't make sense).

if you've actually used the trait for any amount of time, you would realize that the cooldown mod from this trait can be pretty good. the signets themselves aren't all that powerful, but they could be with some buffs.

I went trolling in PvP once with traited Signet of Undeath and kept myself on the fringes of fights. My allies were absurdly difficult to kill with Signet of Undeath being available every 40 seconds.

Won't ever work like that in higher ranks, but it was still pretty silly. Undeath and Vampirism are the two biggest winners from the trait, but Locust is also really good then, giving you frequent health spikes.