While the MumbleLink is pretty useful for people creating additional tools, its missing some useful stuff. I can kinda understand that ANet probably does't want to export too much stuff to not make it too easy for bot-devs but it would be nice if a few additional things could be exported:
- account_uuid - the GUID of the currently logged in account (or the account-name)
- commander_icon - 1 = blue, 2 = red, 3 = yellow, ... 32 = blue-catmander, 33 = red-catmander, .... 128 = default-mentor
- mounted - true / false
- mount_type - 1 = raptor, 2 = springer,.... 128 = player is using any kind of glider
- minimap - array with the following elements: x/y/height/width/zoom/world_rect (coordinates of NW/SE corners of the displayed area on the world-map) - position of the minimap on the screen and position of the displayed area in the world
- in_map - true / false - is true when the player opens the in-game map
And i should probably explain why i think certain thinks should be in the MumbleLink. So here we go:
- account_uuid - pretty much everybody i know owns multiple gw2-accounts and providing the account-uuid (or the account-name) would make it easier for app-developers to automatically display data that is relevant to a certain account
- commander_icon - has basically two purposes: the obvious one of being able to display the correct icon (for example on a site displaying which commanders are active in WvW, etc.) and to distinguish between a real commander and a mentor
- mounted - obvious -> could be useful for something like the "Radial Mount Menu" to know if a player is currently sitting on a mount or not or could be used by people creating markerpacks to record when they are using a glider/mount
- mount_type - similar to the commander_icon this serves two purposes - to know which mount somebody is using and to know if he is using a glider
- minimap - exposing the postion of the map on-screen and what area it is showing would allow overlay-devs to display paths or other stuff on top of the map
- in_map - the bane of all overlay-developers - it would be nice to know when the map is open so it would be easy to hide any overlay-stuff (( probably the minimap-data could be updated to contain the data for the big map when its open -> that way paths/markers/notices could be added to the big map, too))
And it would be nice if the current fileds like name/profession/race would be emptied when the player is in the character-selection screen. Right now, when you're in-game and return to the char-selection, these fields will contain the data for the last char you were playing with. that way, overlays could also kinda reliably detect the char-selection.
These changes would allow devs to enhance their existing apps (without breaking compatibility as the changes don't mess up any of the existing data) and probably allow completely new apps.