Allow us to build our own WvW Legendary Trinkets and Rings

There is a huge difference and that is raids being kind of exclusive and not something you can work towards very casually. Even if you have 0 interest in PvE and collection releases, you are still capable of doing collections in PvE. It's not difficult, nobody is excluded from participating. No barrier of entry. So no, they shouldn't add anything like this.

@Blocki.4931 said:There is a huge difference and that is raids being kind of exclusive and not something you can work towards very casually. Even if you have 0 interest in PvE and collection releases, you are still capable of doing collections in PvE. It's not difficult, nobody is excluded from participating. No barrier of entry. So no, they shouldn't add anything like this.

the ring requires raiding, i would welcome an alternative way for it.i am fine with the accessories.

@Blocki.4931 said:There is a huge difference and that is raids being kind of exclusive and not something you can work towards very casually. Even if you have 0 interest in PvE and collection releases, you are still capable of doing collections in PvE. It's not difficult, nobody is excluded from participating. No barrier of entry. So no, they shouldn't add anything like this.

are you trying to say raiding is hard?

comon man all these npc's are hardcoded..from 100 > 75% do X and Y from 75% to 50% hp do X and Y etc balabaal its not hard it just requires a brain and a few runs and u master it if u do it with same group.fact is i dont wanna raid, gw2 raids arent interesting me.

used to raid in other games where it took 2h to kill shitty raid but what made it fun was constant waves of enemies coming trying to kill you (yes players so pvp) trying to take over the raid etc.here is nothing just 4 walls and a npc to spank not fun not interested in it, but im interested in a on the spot stat change trinket :D

The raid and collection based trinkets should just have unique auras. The WvW stuff not.

Months ago there have been text strings( I guess ) related to legendary WvW/PvP gear datamined. But nothing ever has come from that. Also recently some dev teased new rewards for WvW/PvP, so maybe we will just get that pretty soon if I'm overly optimistic.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@beatthedown.2651 said:The raid and collection based trinkets should just have unique auras. The WvW stuff not.

Months later you’ll have WvW/sPvP players demanding to have auras. We saw the exact same thing with legendary armor.

And the problem is? PvP/WvW players want a lot of stuff and nothing happens anyway :D

Raids are even more dead now. One release a year isn't quite enough.

@beatthedown.2651 said:

@beatthedown.2651 said:The raid and collection based trinkets should just have unique auras. The WvW stuff not.

Months later you’ll have WvW/sPvP players demanding to have auras. We saw the exact same thing with legendary armor.

And the problem is? PvP/WvW players want a lot of stuff and nothing happens anyway :D

Do you have anything to back that up?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You are probably new here.

@beatthedown.2651 said:

You are probably new here.

How about keeping it on the topic? Ad hominems rarely add anything of value nor counter any arguments.

Actually there is a barrier for entry; expansions. If someone is running core gw2 in WvW (and there are people that do); they do not have access to all these collections featuring legendary rings, amuilets, or accessories. Nor do they have access to raids or anything of the like. Now I'm ok with that; you want the extra fluff, you want the raids, then drop money for the expansions.

WvW however is a different beast. What's been added to WvW vs PvE is incomparable, and I'm ok with that too (somewhat). But the fact that there is 0 access to legendary trinkets of any sort in WvW is a bit behind the times. I suspect the problem is though is how exactly do they implement it? Many of us are sitting on tens if not hundreds of thousands of badges. We have tickets out the ying-yang, so unless they add a complete new currency, most of us would probably have access to these legendary trinkets rather quickly.

I don't see why they simply can't implement them the same way we make our legendary armor. It will take time, it won't be quick unless people are sitting on a lot of gold and don't mind spending it (not a common thing in WvW either). The option would be there; and we could make a bunch across all characters which would take a significant amount of time.

What I do think they should implement though are WvW exclusive infusions. Possibly coming from collections; something that has to be obtained through playing with possibly the occasional rare item obtained from killing other players, tower lords, keep lords, or camp sup's. For example, a blood type infusion collection where one of the requirements might be killing at least 25,000 players. This kill count only starts when the collection comes out and is not retroactive from players current kill count. You could also add in having to stomp 50 or 100 players (not something that actively happens in WvW unless one roams or ganks. You could have an offensive style infusion (blood), a defensive style, a support style (based on maybe how much healing, boons applied, boon corrupts or conditions removed). Or perhaps a fiery infusion based on damage, attacks, or deaths using fire based attacks. There are many different ways Anet could implement it, and I'm sure players could offer many suggestions on what or how they want it done.

• 3 months later...

@Sovereign.1093 said:this, earing amulet ring and weapons pls.

Yes please.I think it should be quite fast to just add legendary trinkets into the WvW vendor and slap some WvW currencies requirement on them so we can buy them via WvW too.I can't do the PvE stuff for them.I would pay 10,000 WvW skirmish tickets for each legendary trinket.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

WE SHOULD get the trinkets, auras, anything else any other game mode gets. OFCjust a different color. I don't care for pink/purpleGET ON IT

@Acheron.4731 said:

WE SHOULD get the trinkets, auras, anything else any other game mode gets. OFCjust a different color. I don't care for pink/purpleGET ON IT

You could make an argument for WvW but sPvP should not get any.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I am ok with that :)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Being a primary WvW player I would support getting them.

However, why not sPvP and why possibly WvW?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Being a primary WvW player I would support getting them.

However, why not sPvP and why possibly WvW?

Why would sPvP players need legendary trinkets in sPvP? If they're going to play in either PvE or Wvw then they can earn them in those where they'll actually be used.

@Ultramex.1506 said:I'm more interested in how PvE players will react when the legendary amulet come to WvW first.

Well let's see. Aurora + Vision = 100 % Open world PvE. Coalescence = 90% PvE Raid and 10% Open World. I do hope, we will get at least the other ring or the amulet specific for WvW. Or they should follow the same route as they did with Legendary armor , upgraded from ascended.