Guild Wars 2 should have harder content.

We already have plenty of ways to casually play the game with barely any effort. Is there not a way where you guys can make some parts of the game more difficult? I understand that your main audience is not hardcore, but please leave some hardcore content for your hardcore fans that have been with you for a while. That is all that we ask for. Legendaries are nice...but we prefer harder content. I would trade my existing Legendaries for difficult content.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what someone said to me once when I mentioned this very same topic in game. Only because it made me laugh.They told me to take the gear I use for my weekly key run and use that on my level 80's. I guess they were trying to say there are ways to make it more difficult.

On a serious note do you raid? Or you like me and looking for more difficult solo content?

@Excursion.9752 said:I'll tell you what someone said to me once when I mentioned this very same topic in game. Only because it made me laugh.They told me to take the gear I use for my weekly key run and use that on my level 80's. I guess they were trying to say there are ways to make it more difficult.

On a serious note do you raid? Or you like me and looking for more difficult solo content?

I play everything. PvP, WvW, Raids, PvE. Compared to other games, GW2 is way too easy and they spoil players too much. That's why we have people who are lazy and just afk metas.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:Too much of GW2 requires 0 effort. You're spoiling the community too much to the point where they just auto attack metas while afk.

This is the truth and it's getting worse. Every single time a boss in story for example is a little difficult people come here and whine to the heavens until it's nerfed. I fear this community as a whole just doesn't want to be challenged ever.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:I'll tell you what someone said to me once when I mentioned this very same topic in game. Only because it made me laugh.They told me to take the gear I use for my weekly key run and use that on my level 80's. I guess they were trying to say there are ways to make it more difficult.

I play everything. PvP, WvW, Raids, PvE. Compared to other games, GW2 is way too easy and they spoil players too much. That's why we have people who are lazy and just afk metas.

Sounds to me like you are playing the wrong game. If you think the game is too easy and feel nothing but contempt for the players around you, the uninstall function is just a few clicks away. Good hunting.

The only way to make things hard for you at this point is to make things unfair, which is probably not wanted. In general, every encounter has a gimmick, or mechanic. Once you learn to counter said mechanic, then it begins to feel easy for you, even if it's actually hard. The only reason raids seem hard is that it'll kill you if any one of those nine other people don't counter a mechanic.

So, yeah. Not much else they can really do unless they turn open world trash mobs into dozens of legendary mobs at level 85 or something. Hardly anyone would want that.

Whatever happened to players challenging themselves with their own restrictions, rather than wait for the developers to make content catered to just for them.Has anyone tried doing an all core class raid? or one class raid? or tried do it with just green or blue or yellow gear? There's other games out there where people challenge themselves to do certain things, like darksouls, speed running, trying to play without dying, or even getting hit.

This game was casual from day one, dunno how people can come in here 7 years later and complain about that. If people want mythic+ level dungeons and raids they'd probably be playing WoW for it, they already spent over a decade getting their various difficulties down pat.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:Look at all of these people supporting the leechers and afkers lol. Maybe we should all just afk in GW2. Why play the game when you can just afk for rewards while others work for you? That is the mentality of these people. The problem with the GW2 community is that they want rewards but they are not willing to put forward the effort required to get them. They would rather let other people do the work for them. They have time to complain but no time to put in effort.

Raids and fractals are the hard content. So if you are asking for harder raids/fractals, then sure, by all means.But open world is supposed to be casual / solo / i'm just randomly running almost naked and wanna hit things friendly.

P.S.: Let's not forget that the game was (maybe even is) marketed as casual friendly.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:Look at all of these people supporting the leechers and afkers lol. Maybe we should all just afk in GW2. Why play the game when you can just afk for rewards while others work for you? That is the mentality of these people. The problem with the GW2 community is that they want rewards but they are not willing to put forward the effort required to get them. They would rather let other people do the work for them. They have time to complain but no time to put in effort.

Raids and fractals are the hard content. So if you are asking for harder raids/fractals, then sure, by all means.But open world is supposed to be casual / solo / i'm just randomly running almost naked and wanna hit things friendly.

P.S.: Let's not forget that the game was (maybe even is) marketed as casual friendly.

Yeah and that's great. There is nothing wrong about the game being casual. The problem is that it's far too easy so people just leech metas and afk for rewards while others do the darn work. The game encourages people to leech off of others.

@aspirine.6852 said:They used to have Elite areas in GW1, so why not in GW2.

Open world vs instanced maps..

It would be impossible to make a hard mode similar to Gw1.

It might be possible to make Elite Dungeons similar to Gw1 though.. but I expect many would state that raids are more or less the Gw2 variant of those.Personally prefer Gw1's Elite Dungeons to them though.Raids are more DPS vs a clock sorta thing where as Elite Dungeons were a hardcore endurance test.

I think they could do Elite map raids in Gw2 though if they wanted to.Wouldn't be easy to make and balance but I really like the idea of Elite maps full of strong enemies and raid like bosses, designed for 50 man squads.Would certainly make for some interesting Guild content, not to mention serious squad building consideration.You could have tank roles, healing roles, boon spam roles, DPS roles, support roles, ranged roles, condi roles.A squad actually working as an effective unit rather than a random zerg of people rushing through everything like we always see in PvE.

Some people can't just disagree simply, they come to inform you how horribly wrong you are and should uninstall NOW. A lot of people come here to give suggestions or share ideas and then a lot of people barely manage not to insult them when replying. Not sure what's so hard by saying - I disagree, here is why...

Anyway, on topic. For me, difficulty is ok for the most part, even over the top in some cases. Jahai bluffs comes to mind. Idk if anything changed, but for some reason mobs there are quite ridiculous. Veterans were as tough as elites are normally.When it comes to difficulty, I would never say no to more intelligent AI, but that's not usually how hard content comes. It's usually give them more health and damage, which I don't wish for.

@LucianDK.8615 said:I dont think you remember the launch of HoT. Anet catered to the vocal minority wanting harder content. And the casuals just couldnt cope with it, and hot got nerfed over time.

I remember that. The worst part is that Anet encourages peopel to afk leech by giving them the same rewards as someone who does the whole meta. Don't reward the afk-auto attacking monkeys.

Well 100 people auto attacking is a pretty big number.The thing about open world events. How are you supposed to scale it when there are 10 people doing it and 100?Do you spawn 5 turrets with 5 man defending or 50 turrets with 50 defending in the case of Tequatl?

@LucianDK.8615 said:I dont think you remember the launch of HoT. Anet catered to the vocal minority wanting harder content. And the casuals just couldnt cope with it, and hot got nerfed over time.

I remember that. The worst part is that Anet encourages people to afk leech by giving them the same rewards as someone who does the whole meta. Don't reward the afk-auto attacking monkeys. If Arena-net isn't willign to ban these afk leechers then why should I do the meta for them? I should afk leech too since I won't get punished for it.

This they need a way to change how participation works and only reward the people how are putting work into the meta/event.