Theorycraft in Progress - Eleball (WvW)

So for the past couple days i've been thinking about outlandish organized zerg compositions, and i had a rather interesting idea that I've been theory crafting, and i'd like input from everyone to see what they think.

So here is the idea; Ele Ball, inspired roughly from Eleball and Flare way from guild wars 1.

It works like this.

• Imagine you have an organized zerg of 25 Tempest Ele's. Each Elementalist has Gale Song and Tempestuous Aura. When CC'd Gale Song will Trigger "Eye of the Storm" and break stun for up to 10 allies in a 600 radius.

• Now, every elementalist would also use Rune of the Tempest. if every Elementalist had 1500 Healing Power + healing modifiers (75%+) , The heal from this rune would be 4000-6000 Healing, every time a stun is broken.

• So what ends up happening is that whenever ANY elementalist gets CC'd a Heal will trigger (As well as granting Superspeed) for up to 10 allies, which has a potential of 60,000 healing to allies. If multiple people get CC'd at the same time, this should in theory only trigger one of the elementalists gale song traits. And so what ends up happening is an endless stream of healing whenever anyone get's stunned.

Continuing onward, i wanted to think about how the ele ball would do damage. Inspired roughly from Gw1 Flareway, i imagined using Fiery Great sword 1 spam. and perhaps Arcane Wave, and a few other Aoe Skills.

I've had other variations in mind for Ele ball as well, some of which include a mix of Gale Song Eles and Latent Stamina Aura share Eles to provide constant dodges.

So what are your thoughts? Would like to hear what you guys think, and perhaps if we could build together on the idea, eventually get it into a testing phase.

1500 healing power means 0 damage. FGS 1 is also a projectile.

Practically you can trigger all gale songs within first 10 seconds, but after that you'll just get chain CC-ed and eventually die.

Reason 1 why eleball is impossible is because there's no constant stability source. Reason 2 would be not being able to do damage without being glassy.

@"steki.1478" said:1500 healing power means 0 damage. FGS 1 is also a projectile.

Practically you can trigger all gale songs within first 10 seconds, but after that you'll just get chain CC-ed and eventually die.

Reason 1 why eleball is impossible is because there's no constant stability source. Reason 2 would be not being able to do damage without being glassy.

Ya, everything you mentioned are the things that i find are the issues with trying to make something like this. The curious thing is that a comp like this WANTS to be CC'd to proc those juicy Gales. Do you really think there are that many Hard CC's going off though to proc every single Gale in a 25 man? That's 25(x5) CC's that would have to go off, plus another 25(x5) from an additional Eye if the Storm utility. landing 200+ hard CC's (within a 40 second window) is a lot.

The other thing is the damage...frankly it's a conundrum. I feel like the damage is there...somewhere. But me, i'm not thinking of people with personal DPS. I'm thinking on a more large scale "What if 25 Ele's used Overload Air on a single push." If enough pressure is there, there may not even be a need to go dps at all. This is just my line of thinking.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"steki.1478" said:1500 healing power means 0 damage. FGS 1 is also a projectile.

Ya, everything you mentioned are the things that i find are the issues with trying to make something like this. The curious thing is that a comp like this WANTS to be CC'd to proc those juicy Gales. Do you really think there are that many Hard CC's going off though to proc every single Gale in a 25 man? That's 25(x5) CC's that would have to go off, plus another 25(x5) from an additional Eye if the Storm utility. landing 200+ hard CC's (within a 40 second window) is a lot.

The other thing is the damage...frankly it's a conundrum. I feel like the damage is there...somewhere. But me, i'm not thinking of people with personal DPS. I'm thinking on a more large scale "What if 25 Ele's used Overload Air on a single push." If enough pressure is there, there may not even be a need to go dps at all. This is just my line of thinking.

One CC can proc more gale songs if it hits more targets. Lines have 10 target limit. Gale song also procs even if you have stability. Your math is heavily flawed.

Air overload hits for 2-3k on berserker gear, so if you don't focus on any of offensive stats (and don't have any might+fury, which you most likely won't with tempests), you're looking for around 500 damage per hit. All this assuming you even cast them since you wont even be able to get close because of CC.

You can theoretically say that damage is therr, but so is enemy sustain, which can sustain meta comps who have 70% of the squad focused on doing damage, while you have none.

@steki.1478 said:One CC can proc more gale songs if it hits more targets.

Did you test this? Or is this information archived somewhere?

What's there to test? You get CCed, your stunbreak trait procs.

There's a raid boss (Sloth) which triggers CC on everyone at the same time and all stunbreaks proc at the same time, which means that all triggers except 1 are wasted.

@steki.1478 said:

There's a raid boss (Sloth) which triggers CC on everyone at the same time and all stunbreaks proc at the same time, which means that all triggers except 1 are wasted.

But unlike other Stun breaks this one breaks stun on other players...the question is whether this breaks stun on other players before it registers the proc on those effected or after.

I feel like it’s the former... but I haven’t tested the skills interaction with other eles.

But unlike other Stun breaks this one breaks stun on other players...the question is whether this breaks stun on other players before it registers the proc on those effected or after.

I feel like it’s the former... but I haven’t tested the skills interaction with other eles.

They all trigger at the same time the CC procs, regardless of it being personal or aoe trait.