Rapid Fire is broken?

james.9317

So I was just riding my mount in WvW and just in a blink of an eye I was down. I mean like in 2 seconds I was down, Is this normal now in WvW ? and has anyone else had this happen to them before?

My class is a core warrior and I have 20k health plus 10k with the mount, That 30k health gone in 2 seconds https://ibb.co/Ttdyqqk

Should this even be a thing in WvW?

To be honest ranger is not broken, but slight over performing. What is broken are these:1.- Mesmer2.- Thief3.- Leaching revenant (secret build that only a few play, this build is so broken that could as well be top #1, but because it is not well know by pugs I place it at #3.)4.- Serker elementalist (with projectile block and immunity)5.- Serker Engineer boon spamming with perma protection and -40% damage reduction.

Everyone else is balanced or under performing.

@"phs.6089" said:rapid fire is the most broken skill in game, always was. all the hate rangers got from the beginning of time was based on safe, ublockable pew-pew, Longbow 2.Here is tribute to that meme.

If you call this broken idk what to say about rest of skills hahaha

@phs.6089 said:rapid fire is the most broken skill in game, always was. all the hate rangers got from the beginning of time was based on safe, ublockable pew-pew, Longbow 2.

Lolwhat? No...

Rapid fire was garbage until anet gave a trait for faster arrow speed in 2014 along with reducing it's cast time in half. Then they made eagle eye and read the wind projectile range and speed baseline in 2015. If you wanna know how bad rapid fire was, just let a tower/keep Archer use it on you laugh laugh as you can strafe dodge it with zero effort.

One Wolf Pack and Sic Em are the real offenders here.

@"james.9317" said:So I was just riding my mount in WvW and just in a blink of an eye I was down. I mean like in 2 seconds I was down, Is this normal now in WvW ? and has anyone else had this happen to them before?

My class is a core warrior and I have 20k health plus 10k with the mount, That 30k health gone in 2 seconds https://ibb.co/Ttdyqqk

You're not dying to Rapid Fire only because even full zerker with the unblockable trait from slb it is still not going to take down 30k of your HP. you're actually dying to Sic' Em which is grossly overperforming but is a single cheap trick with OK cooldown. I don't want to say that you're doing it wrong but...roaming around by yourself is exactly the profile that those people target with lame builds, because they wouldn't do much to even a 5-people roaming party.

However there are some pretty overpowered combos aside from that one even, to mention just a couple that are much worse, we have Revenants and Mesmers that can burst just as much, if not more, with better cds and better abilities to recover from mistakes. If you're alone and MVP mesmer locks you down, it's either find a base or get sent back to wp.

There really isn't much you can do about ranged pew pew in general besides run or out-dps. Every class has a broken mechanic in some way, it's just the name of the game.

I struggle to find the will to get on nowadays but I'm sure that the scene at 0:55 below is still a common thing in wvw lol

@"Acewind.5234" said:There really isn't much you can do about ranged pew pew in general besides run or out-dps. Every class has a broken mechanic in some way, it's just the name of the game.

I struggle to find the will to get on nowadays but I'm sure that the scene at 0:55 below is still a common thing in wvw lol

What do you mean you can't do anything? You evaded all of it, the dead eye was the one that did all the damage.You can literally see in the video Evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade, evade.

You did not evade the initial thief burst because you were not expecting it.

I didn't say you can't do anything. I said there isn't much you can do. Most classes can't evade like that for that long (another imbalance lol).

I guess it just boils down to fight duration preference. Some people don't think dying within seconds to a single attack combo is fun, and that's fair. Some don't think having to fully disengage combat to avoid one attack combo is fun, and that's also pretty fair. shrug

If I had my way, all skills would require energy management, like Revenant :grin: (insert diabolical laugh).

@Acewind.5234 said:I didn't say you can't do anything. I said there isn't much you can do. Most classes can't evade like that for that long (another imbalance lol).

I guess it just boils down to fight duration preference. Some people don't think dying within seconds to a single attack combo is fun, and that's fair. Some don't think having to fully disengage combat to avoid one attack combo is fun, and that's also pretty fair. shrug

If I had my way, all skills would require energy management, like Revenant :grin: (insert diabolical laugh).

Most classes have in vulnerabilities that last for that long. Only class thats pretty much screwed at that point is Necromancer.

@"james.9317" said:So I was just riding my mount in WvW and just in a blink of an eye I was down. I mean like in 2 seconds I was down, Is this normal now in WvW ? and has anyone else had this happen to them before?

I think when you drop from the mount this way you are already lower in health aren't you? I'm not sure but maybe? At any rate since you haven't been able to build up your adrenaline etc and this person knows how to play his ranger then ya... you can die that fast.

In WvW this is anything but broken. 1 skill that on average hits for 2-5K on a typical target in WvW is anything but broken.

Just as "Stand on the Wall" said, you have a hoard of things at play for "blow your load" in one hit on one player which shouldn't even be mentioned in the WvW forum. Not only that, rapid fire typically hits for 2-5K on an average target in WvW. Though you didn't ask for a nerf outright (this is clearly aimed at bringing attention to something that doesn't need it). This type of thing aimed at a class that for all things considered is useless in WvW outside of harassing necors and revs, is a bit far fetched. Especially when we have a long list of things to choose from that would benefit from some extreme toning down.

I would suggest playing a ranger. I don't have any problem fighting Soulbeasts on my Ranger as I understand how to counter it. The best way to get better is to learn. I hated fighting mesmers so I asked around in the mesmer forum for tips and made a mesmer myself. Things are a lot easier now.I don't play soulbeast so I cannot comment on "nerfs".You also have to remember that WvW is essentially an open-world PvP map meaning you can be hit attacked anytime from anywhere. Some one could be camping around the corner just waiting for someone to run past (very cheap tactics but it is a PvP zone). Always gotta be ready and expecting, laways ready to dodge burst or hit your stun break.

@phs.6089rapid fire is the most broken skill in game, always was. all the hate rangers got from the beginning of time

Couldn't be more wrong. Back in early 2013 rapid fire was more like slow AF fire let alone useless pet AI etc. You were literally a free bag casting that thing for 5 secs long just begging to be mugged by some thief. Hated because of being broken? Nah. Hated because of being useless? Sure.

If you implied after the buffs to rapid fire + traits as @Justine.6351 explained then yeah, that was the start of power creep - the tip of the iceberg. What you're seeing is the ability to dish out insane dmg at range via ridiculous trait dmg modifiers & Sic 'Em!, extra 'passive' dmg from the elite skill + unblockables. That alone is enough to down average firebrands + scrappers in pvp.

Sic 'Em! seems to be one of those skills that the devs forgot about bringing in line with dmg modifiers on other classes; you only ever see things like 5-7-10% or 20% dmg on traits like Bloody Roar. They changed Signet of the Wild back in march 2015 (used to give 25% more dmg). I like to think they have something planned in the future for Sic 'Em! or at the very least, stop making dumb skills like One Wolf Pack which is basically free dmg while you do dmg. Reallll good idea....

Despite the consistent "omfg ranger bokren, Anet fickx is plx" lobbying, (IRONICALLY from the same people who say, "Adapt or die" on other threads), I find it interesting that gankers haven't, for the most part, resorted to playing it.

Why could that be, do you think?

@"Svarty.8019" said:Despite the consistent "kitten ranger bokren, Anet fickx is plx" lobbying, (IRONICALLY from the same people who say, "Adapt or die" on other threads), I find it interesting that gankers haven't, for the most part, resorted to playing it.

Why could that be, do you think?

They probably have a modicum of self respect.

No, rapid fire is ok.

It seems you have a L2P issue.

@"phs.6089" said:rapid fire is the most broken skill in game, always was. all the hate rangers got from the beginning of time was based on safe, ublockable pew-pew, Longbow 2.Here is tribute to that meme.

"always was" did you start playing gw2 in 2017?Longbow has been a weapon with relatively low dmg as before pof the dmg was split between the pet and player. Also, unblockable hardly ever existed for longbow before POF. What are you even talking about?