just an idea — Guild Wars 2 Forums

just an idea

Tekneeq.4302Tekneeq.4302 Member ✭✭

idk about yall... but i think somehow making a voice chat system for pvp would be amazing,, just imagine an mmo where u can pvp at lvl 1 and it has voice chat... like no other mmo would have this.. it would make people play longer at a time.. because it would make pvp more fun being able to voice chat and communicate, and if they also added a voice chat when u joined fracts would be so fun,, i would play all day every day if i could join pvp and fracts and just talk to some people.. sometimes guild members are busy.. LFG with voice chat would be awesome...

Comments

• Tekneeq.4302Tekneeq.4302 Member ✭✭

see thats the problem with people.,. everyone always says no because people are toxic.. its the internet like get used to it.. u can just mute them.. a mature adult with the desire to win like myself every pvp match i join would love to communicate with my team give and take orders in order to get that W at the end.. i think its a great idea

point im trying to make is it would make it better,, put the biggest point is new players will find buddies a lot easier without having to joina guild and wait on other people.. u can que and talk and communicate to get ur W.. if u cant handle a few people without just muting them then the internet isnt for you

bringing in new players should mean everything to anet,, and the first mmo with lvl 1 pvp voice chat is something not to overlook so easy

im sick and tired of people not using the map.. not knowing how to play the dang game.. voice chat can change all of this.. some players wont even pvp because their team is so bad and they need some leadership

• Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2019

Really don't like this idea, since it would require way too much pressing "ignore" to actually enjoy/play the game rather than just turning off a certain type of chat in the chat log as it is right now. Also don't want to hear distracting background noise that often accompanies voice chat and entirely ruins immersion/concentration. If I wanted to play with voice chat, I would just join a guild or small group that uses a separate voice chat program. Can't even begin to imagine what this idea would be like in large squads such as WvW or world bosses; forcing 25+ people in a squad to listen to 24+ other people at the same time, many of whom would obviously just use it to troll and/or scream.

i see what ur saying but having a voice chat off option in the options could solve that too.. but yes i do see where ur coming from.. i was thinking more of just fracts and pvp

im not saying i kno all.. but when ur a silver and u see some of the way these people play u would make a post as well... half the time i see people fight for 4 seconds then alt tab from smashing all their hot keys... play in a silver game u will pull ur hair out

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2019

OMG this again!!!! It's been discussed, polled & ect... & it's been concluded & shut down at every turn that some smarty pants thought (hey what a great idea.)
    No, Not a great idea, it's in fact a bad idea considering the amount of toxicity that already exist on chat & the number of reporting spammers. I can promises you the amount of banned players for pooping in voice chat will increase exponentially. You think population low now, give us a voice chat & see if we can beat the record. :-1:

Winter Nerf is coming!

i didnt kno it was posted before.. my bad.. but i guess i see what u guys are saying some people ruin it for others i guess it is what it is.. i was just thinking figured id post.. appreciate u guys giving some opinions

• Gotta pass.

I need that first minute or so setup to analyze the other team's comp and edit my build around that. I'd rather not play it like Overwatch and waste time going through muting trolls and people with clickity-clack keyboards combined with oversensitive mics.

Like it's been said, if people are going to ignore Teamchat and map pings; they'll probably ignore voice chat too, but I feel you when you say it gets worse at lower ranks; people not paying attention.

Another solution rather than voice chat, would be revamping the way rank is awarded/taken away. When you always lose more for a loss than you'd gain for a win regardless of how much you or your team contributes, pays attention, what have you; then it's easy to feel trapped in your rank. Maybe even objectively possible to become trapped in a rank.

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

Ya, we'll get that done once Swiss tournaments are released...

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Adrianna.3092 said:
    horrible idea... absolutely horrible... the last thing we need is a bunch of kids screaming into mics that they are losing... if you want to talk that desperately join a guild and leave the talking to them you can join several guilds so just join a pvp guild and there problem solved.

spare the rest of us the shrieking children.

every single time someone brings this up, I wonder why wouldn't a mute button solve this?

why let a few bad apples ruin a good idea.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

edited June 3, 2019

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Adrianna.3092 said:
    horrible idea... absolutely horrible... the last thing we need is a bunch of kids screaming into mics that they are losing... if you want to talk that desperately join a guild and leave the talking to them you can join several guilds so just join a pvp guild and there problem solved.

spare the rest of us the shrieking children.

every single time someone brings this up, I wonder why wouldn't a mute button solve this?

why let a few bad apples ruin a good idea.

Cuz it's not a good idea.. Have you ever seen any game with voice chat?
    You do know what's going on them do you?
    So what's the point of having it if 98% of players gonna mute it 100% of the time?
    This is a waist of time & money & especially coders resources that could be put into better use.
    I suggest you do what everyone does & download discord. There, problem solved, enjoy.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Voice inhame tends to be a huge toll on the servers.

edited June 3, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    So what's the point of having it if 98% of players gonna mute it 100% of the time?
    This is a waist of time & money & especially coders resources that could be put into better use.
    I suggest you do what everyone does & download discord. There, problem solved, enjoy.

except if other games have proven anything, 98% of players are not muted. in fact, the number is quite small.

edit
    not even other games, just look at wvw discords. most of the people are chill or don't even say anything.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

except if other games have proven anything, 98% of players are not muted. in fact, the number is quite small.

Not the point!
    In fact other game communities has dealed with the idea of toxicity in there voice chat. It's part of there experience. As for Gw2 community has proven time after time it has not. Between both communities, who is more liable to mute or not mute 100% of the time? That's the point!

Winter Nerf is coming!

im fairly new,, i only have 1 toon,, only 1 full asc set of gear,, maybe like 3 months playtime or so..like 300 tomes of knowledge.. but whenever i run into people in gw2 theyre so dang cool.. like gw2 community isnt like any other ive seen.. i died at a way point yesterday... i went to the bathroom came back i had 2 others reviving me.. it was so cool lolol,, anytime i ask any1 anything on this game they help so fast.. like i said im newish so i cant say 100 percent, but this games community is amazing

edited June 3, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    In fact other game communities has dealed with the idea of toxicity in there voice chat.
    As for Gw2 community has proven time after time it has not. Between both communities, who is more liable to mute or not mute 100% of the time? That's the point!

with mute?
    what are you talking about, dealt with the idea of toxicity? do you think trolls and people that over react are the majority of gw2 players? they're not. vocal minority =/= majority. why do you think there are more toxic players in this game then other games? have you even played other games? this games player base is mostly casual. so whats your point exactly?

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    In fact other game communities has dealed with the idea of toxicity in there voice chat.
    As for Gw2 community has proven time after time it has not. Between both communities, who is more liable to mute or not mute 100% of the time? That's the point!

with mute?
    what are you talking about, dealt with the idea of toxicity? do you think trolls and people that over react are the majority of gw2 players? they're not. vocal minority =/= majority. why do you think there are more toxic players in this game then other games? have you even played other games? this games player base is mostly casual. so whats your point exactly?

Exactly what i said on my last 3 post on this thread. Not even gonna bother repeating myself. This has been debated & polled & the number of players wanting a voice chat is in the minority. Don't believe me, make a poll. Again!

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Lol i would love for this to be implemented even though it's a terrible idea. I really get a kick out of the toxicity.

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

I don't understand why people are saying this is a bad idea. When I play Overwatch making fast calls via voice chat is some times the difference between a win and a loss. I feel like the people that are saying this wouldn't work and that people would ignore it don't know how to communicate effectively in a competitive gaming environment. If someone is truly being toxic just mute them and continue on with the rest of the team.

Its like...

No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

everyone is making solid points on both sides.. im glad to see people putting out their views thats why i posted this in the first place

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Exactly what i said on my last 3 post on this thread. Not even gonna bother repeating myself. This has been debated & polled & the number of players wanting a voice chat is in the minority. Don't believe me, make a poll. Again!

I doubt that the majority of pvp players are pessimist reactionaries, but hey could be wrong.

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Just open up the chat log on any day of the week during an sPvP match and look at how toxic it is. Multiply that cancer by 100 and that's what you would get with voice chat. RARELY is anything positive or constructive ever said.

You see, playing ranked gw2 sPvP is inherently toxic. You don't choose your teammates, yet your individual rating is heavily influenced by them.

This is exacerbated by the low sPvP population which makes it so skill / motivation among team members varies greatly. Forcing tryhard pro players to team up with pve farmers and everything in between.

You blend all of this together and you get a glorious toxic blend of psycho rage chat. Again, I would love to see this toxicity upgraded with voice chat for entertainment purposes, but it won't happen.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭

Not voice chat, but Voice to text using the microsoft engine would be something interesting.
    Activate a new tag "Voice" so we can mute it if we want.
    And all done bois!

• Kaitori.8564Kaitori.8564 Member ✭✭

oof, imagine complaining about toxicity on the internet, op is right, voice chat would make everything better, not happy with it? just mute it, unless it's a server issue, it should be added

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.