Exotic Zerker vs Ascended Marauder , % dmg? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Exotic Zerker vs Ascended Marauder , % dmg?

I was wondering whats the % difference in DPS for raids/dungeons/fractals between these 2 sets, im too lazy to craft berserker ascended for pve. Assuming zerker ascended trinckets and zerker weapons just marauder armor.

Comments

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

    A complete set of exotic berserker yields: 3,087 total stats
    A complete set of marauder ascended yields: 3,612 total stats - 633 (subtract for vitality) = 2,979 total offensive stats

    Marauder gear would yield slightly less power, more precision and less ferocity at almost the same total offensive stats. Given the damage difference between berserker and marauder of the same quality is around 10-15% loss, the higher tier marauder gear performance would be closer to exotic berserkers.

    Marauder gear is good enough for medium tier or not hardcore raid/fractal groups. If you are unwilling to craft an ascended berserker set, those are not the groups you should aim for anyway, as such you should be fine.

  • Skyronight.6370Skyronight.6370 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

    A complete set of exotic berserker yields: 3,087 total stats
    A complete set of marauder ascended yields: 3,612 total stats - 633 (subtract for vitality) = 2,979 total offensive stats

    Marauder gear would yield slightly less power, more precision and less ferocity at almost the same total offensive stats. Given the damage difference between berserker and marauder of the same quality is around 10-15% loss, the higher tier marauder gear performance would be closer to exotic berserkers.

    Marauder gear is good enough for medium tier or not hardcore raid/fractal groups. If you are unwilling to craft an ascended berserker set, those are not the groups you should aim for anyway, as such you should be fine.

    what if i had zerker acsended trinckets and weapons but maurader gear, wouldnt it be closer to 5% dps loss instead of 15%? just ascended armor marauder , the rest zerker

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Skyronight.6370 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

    A complete set of exotic berserker yields: 3,087 total stats
    A complete set of marauder ascended yields: 3,612 total stats - 633 (subtract for vitality) = 2,979 total offensive stats

    Marauder gear would yield slightly less power, more precision and less ferocity at almost the same total offensive stats. Given the damage difference between berserker and marauder of the same quality is around 10-15% loss, the higher tier marauder gear performance would be closer to exotic berserkers.

    Marauder gear is good enough for medium tier or not hardcore raid/fractal groups. If you are unwilling to craft an ascended berserker set, those are not the groups you should aim for anyway, as such you should be fine.

    what if i had zerker acsended trinckets and weapons but maurader gear, wouldnt it be closer to 5% dps loss instead of 15%? just ascended armor marauder , the rest zerker

    The difference to exotic is irrelevant for high performance groups since those will expect peak performance with full ascended gear, for anything else marauder is fine.

  • Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Downed state also does significantly less damage than being up, so if you need a handful of marauders pieces, then use them.

    I tend to have my armor be marauders and let cheaper trinkets float between types as needed.

  • Lorfi.7562Lorfi.7562 Member ✭✭

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    Downed state also does significantly less damage than being up, so if you need a handful of marauders pieces, then use them.

    I tend to have my armor be marauders and let cheaper trinkets float between types as needed.

    fun fact, maruader doesn't help you in raids :). Most of the damage that hits decently hard is % based. So running marauders because you can't stay alive is 100% BS, you're bringing your group down. If you can't stay alive, stay behind the boss and don't facetank mechanics, running more tanky gear won't help at all so please don't give bad advice.. FYI there's a reason chrono tanks can stay alive in good groups with only one healer, 1005toughness and no vit gear, bosses do not hit hard.

    So yes, if you want to do fractal's t4/cm you SHOULD get zerker ascended and also use it in raids. Because while the stat difference might not be big, the actual dps difference is because you won't have the same crit chance/damage.

  • RaidsAreEasyAF.8652RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

    @Lorfi.7562 said:
    FYI there's a reason chrono tanks can stay alive in good groups with only one healer, 1005toughness and no vit gear, bosses do not hit hard.

    While its true that most bosses hit like a pool noodle, not all do. Chrono can tank VG with low toughness because of its blocks, evades and distortion.
    The Heal Druid on Xera might want to take some minstrel pieces to tank her properly and you cant run 1005 toughness on every boss anyway if you have a proper squad comp.

  • melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

    @RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

    @Lorfi.7562 said:
    FYI there's a reason chrono tanks can stay alive in good groups with only one healer, 1005toughness and no vit gear, bosses do not hit hard.

    While its true that most bosses hit like a pool noodle, not all do. Chrono can tank VG with low toughness because of its blocks, evades and distortion.
    The Heal Druid on Xera might want to take some minstrel pieces to tank her properly and you cant run 1005 toughness on every boss anyway if you have a proper squad comp.

    if you run quickbrand/alacnade then imbued haste from quickbrand alone would cause it to "tank"
    soulbeast also gets toughness when merged

    only some very specific comps can tank withi only 1 dedicated infusiion slot

    weaver could be an issue, but thankfully they don't use earth attunement..ever :p

  • @melandru.3876 said:
    if you run quickbrand/alacnade then imbued haste from quickbrand alone would cause it to "tank"
    soulbeast also gets toughness when merged

    only some very specific comps can tank withi only 1 dedicated infusiion slot

    weaver could be an issue, but thankfully they don't use earth attunement..ever :p

    Dont forget about Renegade.
    Now i actually forgot what i wanted to say... kitten...

  • Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lorfi.7562 said:

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    Downed state also does significantly less damage than being up, so if you need a handful of marauders pieces, then use them.

    I tend to have my armor be marauders and let cheaper trinkets float between types as needed.

    fun fact, maruader doesn't help you in raids :). Most of the damage that hits decently hard is % based. So running marauders because you can't stay alive is 100% BS, you're bringing your group down. If you can't stay alive, stay behind the boss and don't facetank mechanics, running more tanky gear won't help at all so please don't give bad advice.. FYI there's a reason chrono tanks can stay alive in good groups with only one healer, 1005toughness and no vit gear, bosses do not hit hard.

    So yes, if you want to do fractal's t4/cm you SHOULD get zerker ascended and also use it in raids. Because while the stat difference might not be big, the actual dps difference is because you won't have the same crit chance/damage.

    Fun fact, the OP was asking about fractals and dungeons in addition to raids.

    I don't have a set group for fractals (which I prefer to raids for a variety of reasons), and often I have to carry or help carry a team of pugs. In many of the fractal instances, you're taking damage from multiple sources and that amount of damage amplifies if a party member goes down.

    Having some way of mitigating the damage you take can buy you the time to prevent a wipe or prevent you from ever getting into the situation by going down.

    So running all berserkers is bogus if it causes a cascade to a wipe or prevents you from averting a wipe. The DPS hit of Maurauders is less than the time it takes to fight a boss a second time multiplied by the probability of being in that situation.

    If the OP is less interested in raids than other content, then Maurauders is acceptable.

    Even then there is a spectrum of berserkers to Maurauders that isn't 100% either, and the OP can decide where to be on it so that he or she does not down. This will swing more towards berserkers with experience, but since the OP is asking this question, experience is likely low. If they invest in all berserkers and frequently wipe, it's possible to get frustrated and stop playing all together. And that's not helping anyone.

  • Lorfi.7562Lorfi.7562 Member ✭✭

    @Hesacon.8735 said:

    @Lorfi.7562 said:

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    Downed state also does significantly less damage than being up, so if you need a handful of marauders pieces, then use them.

    I tend to have my armor be marauders and let cheaper trinkets float between types as needed.

    fun fact, maruader doesn't help you in raids :). Most of the damage that hits decently hard is % based. So running marauders because you can't stay alive is 100% BS, you're bringing your group down. If you can't stay alive, stay behind the boss and don't facetank mechanics, running more tanky gear won't help at all so please don't give bad advice.. FYI there's a reason chrono tanks can stay alive in good groups with only one healer, 1005toughness and no vit gear, bosses do not hit hard.

    So yes, if you want to do fractal's t4/cm you SHOULD get zerker ascended and also use it in raids. Because while the stat difference might not be big, the actual dps difference is because you won't have the same crit chance/damage.

    Fun fact, the OP was asking about fractals and dungeons in addition to raids.

    I don't have a set group for fractals (which I prefer to raids for a variety of reasons), and often I have to carry or help carry a team of pugs. In many of the fractal instances, you're taking damage from multiple sources and that amount of damage amplifies if a party member goes down.

    Having some way of mitigating the damage you take can buy you the time to prevent a wipe or prevent you from ever getting into the situation by going down.

    So running all berserkers is bogus if it causes a cascade to a wipe or prevents you from averting a wipe. The DPS hit of Maurauders is less than the time it takes to fight a boss a second time multiplied by the probability of being in that situation.

    If the OP is less interested in raids than other content, then Maurauders is acceptable.

    Even then there is a spectrum of berserkers to Maurauders that isn't 100% either, and the OP can decide where to be on it so that he or she does not down. This will swing more towards berserkers with experience, but since the OP is asking this question, experience is likely low. If they invest in all berserkers and frequently wipe, it's possible to get frustrated and stop playing all together. And that's not helping anyone.

    he was asking for one set for all 3 content tho, so if he uses the set in fractals you should just run one proper meta build. And in fractals depending the instabilities running defensive gear isn't worth it anyway. nearly all the dmg can still be avoided and you always run a dedicated healer unless you're a good player in cm groups that do it wo healers. Statswapping his maruaders gear to berserker would be a wise decision, the times I down in fractals is when it's fragility and I get hit by a 18k hit when I have 9kish hp as dh, running some marauders will not help. In best case you'll survive 1hit more if you don't avoid obvious AoE's. But the best way to stay alive is learn the mechanics and not hope to facetank with the fake confidence you're extra tanky, if you want to play safe you're better of running a dps scourge with all the barriers that prevent you from receiving a good chunk of damage. But anyway I just gave my opinion and I still stand by the fact that taking 1hit or even 3secs longer to die at the cost of 10-15% dmg isn't worth it because adds and bosses die slower so you'll receive an increased amount of damage in the end which increases chances to wipe.

  • gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭

    Anyone harping on marauders for the 5-15% damage loss are kinda missing the reality of the situation: Many DPS raiders fail to even breach 20k, so if you're a good player, sacrificing 3k damage and going from 33k to 30k is not a big deal.

  • @gateless gate.8406 said:
    Anyone harping on marauders for the 5-15% damage loss are kinda missing the reality of the situation: Many DPS raiders fail to even breach 20k, so if you're a good player, sacrificing 3k damage and going from 33k to 30k is not a big deal.

    Tbh. 3k is a lot. Imagine every DPS dealing 3k less than they probably can. If 6 DPS players deal 30k instead of 33k you are missing out on 18k DPS. Thats pretty much one extra (arguably bad) player. Now imagine the Berserker also dealing 3k less than he could. We are at 21k less DPS. I´d say thats a pretty big deal.

  • gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2019

    @RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

    @gateless gate.8406 said:
    Anyone harping on marauders for the 5-15% damage loss are kinda missing the reality of the situation: Many DPS raiders fail to even breach 20k, so if you're a good player, sacrificing 3k damage and going from 33k to 30k is not a big deal.

    Tbh. 3k is a lot. Imagine every DPS dealing 3k less than they probably can. If 6 DPS players deal 30k instead of 33k you are missing out on 18k DPS. Thats pretty much one extra (arguably bad) player. Now imagine the Berserker also dealing 3k less than he could. We are at 21k less DPS. I´d say thats a pretty big deal.

    Well my point is to look, rather than "imagine." When was the last time you were in a raid with six DPS players actually doing 33k+? Personally, I've never been in one.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @gateless gate.8406 said:

    @RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

    @gateless gate.8406 said:
    Anyone harping on marauders for the 5-15% damage loss are kinda missing the reality of the situation: Many DPS raiders fail to even breach 20k, so if you're a good player, sacrificing 3k damage and going from 33k to 30k is not a big deal.

    Tbh. 3k is a lot. Imagine every DPS dealing 3k less than they probably can. If 6 DPS players deal 30k instead of 33k you are missing out on 18k DPS. Thats pretty much one extra (arguably bad) player. Now imagine the Berserker also dealing 3k less than he could. We are at 21k less DPS. I´d say thats a pretty big deal.

    Well my point is to look, rather than "imagine." When was the last time you were in a raid with six DPS players actually doing 33k+? Personally, I've never been in one.

    That makes absolutely no sense.

    The 33k was obviously an example. The difference of 3k dps per damage dealer across an entire raid is always significant. It's even more significant for worse performing raid groups.

    A raid group with 5 dps players at 30k dps per player will care a lot less lacking those 18k compared to a raid group where the players do 18k dps per damage dealer.

    Group 1 loses 10% total raid damage (15/150=10).

    Group 2 loses 16% total raid damage (15/90=16) on top of the fact that their raid already performs 60k dps worse.

    TL;DR: the worse the raids overall performance, the more significant each individual dps loss.

  • gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @gateless gate.8406 said:

    @RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

    @gateless gate.8406 said:
    Anyone harping on marauders for the 5-15% damage loss are kinda missing the reality of the situation: Many DPS raiders fail to even breach 20k, so if you're a good player, sacrificing 3k damage and going from 33k to 30k is not a big deal.

    Tbh. 3k is a lot. Imagine every DPS dealing 3k less than they probably can. If 6 DPS players deal 30k instead of 33k you are missing out on 18k DPS. Thats pretty much one extra (arguably bad) player. Now imagine the Berserker also dealing 3k less than he could. We are at 21k less DPS. I´d say thats a pretty big deal.

    Well my point is to look, rather than "imagine." When was the last time you were in a raid with six DPS players actually doing 33k+? Personally, I've never been in one.

    That makes absolutely no sense.

    Which part "makes absolutely no sense"?

    Let's break it down. The first sentence is a basic appeal to realism/pragmatism (consider the real things happening in raids, not theories). Certainly a sensible, non-controversial concept in any field. The next sentence is a question, asking the poster when the last time they were in a raid with six DPS players all performing well. It is a straightforward query; again, I see no nonsense here.The last sentence is my own answer to the question. It is a truthful statement, so again, no nonsense.

  • @gateless gate.8406 said:
    Well my point is to look, rather than "imagine." When was the last time you were in a raid with six DPS players actually doing 33k+? Personally, I've never been in one.

    Actually today, considering that i had a run with my static. Even if youre not in a pug 3k is a lot of DPS.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2019

    @gateless gate.8406 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @gateless gate.8406 said:

    @RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

    @gateless gate.8406 said:
    Anyone harping on marauders for the 5-15% damage loss are kinda missing the reality of the situation: Many DPS raiders fail to even breach 20k, so if you're a good player, sacrificing 3k damage and going from 33k to 30k is not a big deal.

    Tbh. 3k is a lot. Imagine every DPS dealing 3k less than they probably can. If 6 DPS players deal 30k instead of 33k you are missing out on 18k DPS. Thats pretty much one extra (arguably bad) player. Now imagine the Berserker also dealing 3k less than he could. We are at 21k less DPS. I´d say thats a pretty big deal.

    Well my point is to look, rather than "imagine." When was the last time you were in a raid with six DPS players actually doing 33k+? Personally, I've never been in one.

    That makes absolutely no sense.

    Which part "makes absolutely no sense"?

    Let's break it down. The first sentence is a basic appeal to realism/pragmatism (consider the real things happening in raids, not theories).

    Yes, which makes no sense since the given numbers were examples and could be replaced with any numbers, as I did. That's what my exclamation that your comment makes no sense was aimed at.

    Even more, I explained how 3k dps loss is even of greater significance to weaker groups.

    @gateless gate.8406 said:
    The next sentence is a question, asking the poster when the last time they were in a raid with six DPS players all performing well.

    Every single week in a static or high performance PUG group (FC 3 hour monday groups for exmaple). At least that's where I see it.

    @gateless gate.8406 said:
    The last sentence is my own answer to the question. It is a truthful statement, so again, no nonsense.

    Yes, you've never been in a high performing group or static. The only relevant information in your question/comment.

    That does not change the simple mathematical fact that 3k dps is a lot of dps loss, especially across multiple damage dealers. Loss of dps is also one of the main reasons why weaker groups face way greater difficulties in clearing content.