[PvP] Core Terrormancer Build for 2019

Dirame.8521

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_The_Terrormancer_Core_Spec

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWDbkjGKvxmbwzG4vxRtQRfj1oMibQGkCwuOAaAA-jZxHQBF8BAAgLCQ3KD8tjAgv2fAA

A Core Necromancer build for those out there who don't have any expac and still want to make Scourges and Reapers look bad. It focuses on using the Fear condition and Corrupting boons to turn the tables on your enemies. But this build REALLY relies on the player's awareness and skill of knowing where to position themselves in order to enter a fight without being the focus. (This is all explained in the meta battle guide.)

Anet buffed Terrormancer quite a bit by allowing them to get 2s fears without working for it and then get life force for each fear to boot! It was good two years ago when I did have to work for it and it's even crazier now. Take a look at what it was doing 2 years ago; (turn down your headphones for this one)https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152130865

Try out the build and see what you think.

I played something similar but in wvw. From my experiences (and yes I did read the comments on certain skills on metabattle)

Id rather play wizard amulet

As well as spectral walk, spectral armor, spectral ring or wurm over poison cloud and the signet (you already got 3 condition hate skills + rune. More mobility on necro is always appreciated. And on core you can tank even more of enemies dmg then port out so they wasted their dmg on you.

I'd play sigil of doom on scepter and sigil of annulment on staff over agility and exposure. As exposure doesn't affect much, if you are able to fear people they get 10 stacks vuln anyways.

And might swap the first trait in spite to the condition consuming oneAnd maybe weakening shroud against lingering curse (I like lingering curse more as well)

Also I think the rune is kinda countering your elite.The fear is only useful in one particular sktuation: you want to fear someone away that want to rezz someone else.But that's a 2 second fear, fearing people out of the elite...

@Nimon.7840 said:I played something similar but in wvw. From my experiences (and yes I did read the comments on certain skills on metabattle)

As well as spectral walk, spectral armor, spectral ring or wurm over poison cloud

Headshot thief, Deadeye, Rangers, Mesmers, they all use projectiles, Poison cloud is invaluable in those match-ups (talking Conquest now). So no, definitely not going let go of PC unless the situation allows for it. And in any case, the build is flexible in that you can swap out utilities as you see fit and depending on what you're fighting.

and the signet (you already got 3 condition hate skills + rune

Signet is an instant cast condi transfer skill. You can't get any better than that for a surprise reversal.

I'd play sigil of doom on scepter and sigil of annulment on staff over agility and exposure. As exposure doesn't affect much, if you are able to fear people they get 10 stacks vuln anyways.

I see your point about exposure. I think I'll just get something that improves my survivability like removing movement imparing conditions.

And might swap the first trait in spite to the condition consuming one

That's up to you my friend.

Also I think the rune is kinda countering your elite.The fear is only useful in one particular sktuation: you want to fear someone away that want to rezz someone else.But that's a 2 second fear, fearing people out of the elite...

I'm using psychology against my opponents really. Most characters when you fear them in one direction, they want to return to where they were before. No one every teleports away from you when you drop Plaguelands, they always teleport back or run back to you until they notice they are dieing.

@Dirame.8521 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:I played something similar but in wvw. From my experiences (and yes I did read the comments on certain skills on metabattle)

As well as spectral walk, spectral armor, spectral ring or wurm over poison cloud

Headshot thief, Deadeye, Rangers, Mesmers, they all use projectiles, Poison cloud is invaluable in those match-ups (talking Conquest now). So no, definitely not going let go of PC unless the situation allows for it. And in any case, the build is flexible in that you can swap out utilities as you see fit and depending on what you're fighting.

and the signet (you already got 3 condition hate skills + rune

Signet is an instant cast condi transfer skill. You can't get any better than that for a surprise reversal.

I know it's instant cast. But in wvw a lot of the times I used the signet, it got dodged and I was left with my conditions.I don't know how people do that, or if I was just very unlucky and ppl randomly dodged, but yeah.If it doesn't transfer, I'd does no effect, so I switched it out

I see your point about exposure. I think I'll just get something that improves my survivability like removing movement imparing conditions.

And might swap the first trait in spite to the condition consuming one

That's up to you my friend.

I'm using psychology against my opponents really. Most characters when you fear them in one direction, they want to return to where they were before. No one every teleports away from you when you drop Plaguelands, they always teleport back or run back to you until they notice they are dieing.

@Nimon.7840 said:

I know it's instant cast. But in wvw a lot of the times I used the signet, it got dodged and I was left with my conditions.I don't know how people do that, or if I was just very unlucky and ppl randomly dodged, but yeah.If it doesn't transfer, I'd does no effect, so I switched it out

Ah, I can understand that. Spectral Walk is pretty good now though. I hadn't even seen how they changed it, it's amazing compared to what it was.