Any Special Tournaments in sight?

Falan.1839

The two special tournaments we had (2v2 and ToL) were one of the few highlists in recent PvP, seeing a (short-lived but fun) revival of the PvP playerbase and beating the participation of monthlies by far and also bringing some veterans back that hadn't really committed to a tournament for a long while.

I think I read somewhere that intended schedule for this was to occur every 3-4 months. Even though this wasn't an official promise, it was presented as a rough guideline. Now the last special tournament (ToL) was in early February, pretty much exactly 4 months ago. Is there any other one planned for the near future? I think in the absence of other serious improvements for PvP it would be universally welcomed.

Oh, and PLEASE don't say it will be "post swiss"...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:At the very least, we need to reduce the instances of being unable to queue or join tournaments before we run another special tournament. But, yes, we are often thinking of special event tournaments returning.

Tbh that should be done and dusted even before the new season starts, since it artificially depresses the already small playerbase further and leads to bad matches. I didn't have the issue in the concluding days of last season, but still didn't feel like playing since the game quality was that bad (partly due to the bug).

• ArenaNet Staff

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:At the very least, we need to reduce the instances of being unable to queue or join tournaments before we run another special tournament. But, yes, we are often thinking of special event tournaments returning.

Thinking of it returning or actually planning a return?

It's always been the plan to run more special tournaments.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Thinking of it returning or actually planning a return?

It's always been the plan to run more special tournaments.

Thanks for the Sunday morning response my dude.