Update the Celestial Infusion textures. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Update the Celestial Infusion textures.

Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 31, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

They are a very similar texture to the starry mount skins, but compared to them the infusion has super low resolution textures. I think the infusions could do with an update to make them look better.

My list of suggestions for GW2
Max Masteries | 19k AP

Comments

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

Why though, they make more if you upgrade to the outfit

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Misterred.1873 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Because they will lose players if they keep doing stupid stuff like this

Probably not. You can wear whatever armor you want with the infusion.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Fun Daredevil

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Misterred.1873 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't "upgrade" to the outfit because the outfit doesn't look anything like the fashion I have put together on my FB. It's not a replacement for it.

Max Masteries | 19k AP

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

Under "Arenanet's Image" I think you left out a #4 , Arenanet doesn't have anyone that has the skill set to fix this (and other issues as well).

• cryorion.9532cryorion.9532 Member ✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Misterred.1873 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Is that an excuse for celestial infusions/zodiac armor being garbage compared to the outfit's effect? Just update textures on infus/zodiac and problem solved, everyone is happy.

• Xenon.4537Xenon.4537 Member ✭✭✭

Well... having my carefully formatted post thrown into the middle of someone else's thread feels weird... But if this helps Anet process the feedback then... okay...

• Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

i should think it wouldnt be that much of a hassle to fix. It would require reskinning the infusion to the starborn skin type, not that big of a deal really. Why they wont idk maybe they never noticed. It would be sad if they didnt care, and were just making the infusions obsolete. I think you have to care as much about whats in the game as you do for your shop items, otherwise it gives a bad idea of what you really think of your game. And that the shop is more important. Honestly though reskin it people did a lot for those infusions and quality of ingame stuff that you worked for shouldnt be terribly lower than the stuff you buy in a store. If anything the effort of playing the game to acquire rewards should produce better results than just dropping gems without any interaction of playing the game.

This is a backwards philosophy to me. In most games i have played the best rewards came from doing the best content in the game, not buying it outside of the game. Someone said it a while back that, games have to be competitive otherwise people lose interest, there is no drive to do anything, to compel yourself to get better reach further. Along with that you can see that reward does not equal effort, and that is a driving force in all aspects of life. So it needs to be in games also. GW2 has a good system in a lot of ways, but where it fails is its not very competitive and rewards dont fit the effort for many things, and infusions are one of those. The quality of ingame rewards for things like this needs to be better.

That picture speaks a thousand words.

Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

@Zuldari.3940 said:

That picture speaks a thousand words.

Bad enough, but then there is this (not my pic - https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/cjwc1o/starborn_outfit_is_a_big_sucker_punch_for/evh0hdf/):

Disabling the helmet displays your normal head, which looks outright silly compared to the rest of your celestial body.

As I said on Reddit, who looked at this and said "yep, that's ready for release"

• Jethro.9376Jethro.9376 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

As long as there are helmets glued to shoulder pieces, a-net won't update textures on anything.

Sad but true

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’m big into getting as many infusions as I can, but the celestial one just doesn’t look good to me (not texture I just mean I don’t especially want to look like a humanoid map of space). But i still wish anet would update it just to end this complaining

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• I spent months grinding the red infusion. Should've swiped my credit card instead.

Never forget, never forgive #MountGate

• Irbis.4932Irbis.4932 Member ✭✭✭

@Umbramare.9156 said:
    I spent months grinding the red infusion. Should've swiped my credit card instead.

But what about pride and accomplishment? /s

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Irbis.4932 said:

@Umbramare.9156 said:
    I spent months grinding the red infusion. Should've swiped my credit card instead.

But what about pride and accomplishment? /s

It's a video game. If you want 'pride and accomplishment' out of a game, go win at Fortnite, at least then you get a multi-million $$$ payout :tongue:

• As someone who recently procured a celestial blue infusion for myself, I must say I do agree with this. Sometimes my character just looks like a portal into the blue screen of death realm. One thing that bugs me but is bearable anyway is the eyes lacking any texture changes, resulting in some weird contrast. Regardless, that can always be fixed with a warbeast cowl, and I do like it that way. Anyway, something I seem to disagree with is comparing starborn outfit textures to celestial infusion overlay: starborn outfit has other particle effects laid over the underlying texture, and the underlying texture itself moves, but I think that more says something about the difference in quality between the two and the amount of skill that exists and could be put toward upgrading the latter.

• Adibas.6982Adibas.6982 Member ✭✭

Bump, that is still a relevant problem. Cant imagine replacing 1 texture with better rez can be that hard.
    Considering that Red Celestial infusion is supposed to be one of big incentives to play CM, it should really be fixed.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

I agree with everyone else. I use the celestial infusion with my Starlight Outfit, because the helm is so awful on Asura. Being a necro teletubby just isn't for me.

Alternative: Just add the upgraded infusion in the Gemstore. Keep the current one, and let us buy that. Hopefully we can get a dye-able infusion that way. drool

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Josiah.2967 said:
    I agree with everyone else. I use the celestial infusion with my Starlight Outfit, because the helm is so awful on Asura. Being a necro teletubby just isn't for me.

Alternative: Just add the upgraded infusion in the Gemstore. Keep the current one, and let us buy that. Hopefully we can get a dye-able infusion that way. drool

That alternative is a horrible idea. Infusions are one of the biggest in-game rewards. To add a gem-store infusion that is a direct upgrade to a previously existing reward would be a very bad move. It would anger a lot of people and set a bad precedent for future things.

Max Masteries | 19k AP