Deadeye's mark cast time

ShaunQ.2093

As it is, deadeye's mark's cast time (.5s) feels very clunky compared to the instant activation of steal (swipe for dd).What does everyone think about a reduction to the cast time to .25s or even keeping it consistent like steal (no cast time)?

@ShaunQ.2093 said:As it is, deadeye's mark's cast time (.5s) feels very clunky compared to the instant activation of steal (swipe for dd).What does everyone think about a reduction to the cast time to .25s or even keeping it consistent like steal (no cast time)?

It's extremely clunky, and while it was intended for the Rifle, it is not helpful for melee Deadeyes. With a cast time, they should have made Mark unblockable instead of Swipe.

Heck, a modified Mark mechanic (damage/effect-modifier that did not replace Steal) should have been baseline for the Core Thief from the get go, allowing an advantage in single-target engagements.

I think the cast time for Mark is fine. Of course I would welcome any buff to DE at this point, but the Mark's cast time isn't really that much of an issue. Adding piercing to more/all rifle attacks and reworking kneel would be much higher on my list of things that would improve DE gameplay.

It actually is a bit of a problem in PvE. It's bad enough that the Deadeye has virtually NO AOE outside of a single utility skill, but the cast time makes it awkward to swap targets after your current one dies as well. Sometimes you're better off not even using the mark against large groups of smaller enemies.

Hey Turk, appreciate your input but this isn't really meant to significantly increase DE's power level. It's intended as more of a very minor buff to make the gameplay more fluid for DE.

The mark is a key part of the initiation to combat for the DE, and isn't an incredibly high impact skill upon activation compared to steal which is a strong gap closer, and compared to instant activation skills of other classes. In its current state, having to remark new enemies as they die really slows down combat in PvE and makes combat in PvP fairly sluggish. I am aware of some potential interactions with mercy but I think that's a fairly fringe build and a change to .25s wouldn't break anything.

@ShaunQ.2093 said:As it is, deadeye's mark's cast time (.5s) feels very clunky compared to the instant activation of steal (swipe for dd).What does everyone think about a reduction to the cast time to .25s or even keeping it consistent like steal (no cast time)?

You're not alone in this and it has been pointed out ever since PoF went live. In my opinion, it should be instance in PvE. If they want the cast time in PvP, I don't really care.

@Grimwolf.7163 said:It actually is a bit of a problem in PvE. It's bad enough that the Deadeye has virtually NO AOE outside of a single utility skill, but the cast time makes it awkward to swap targets after your current one dies as well. Sometimes you're better off not even using the mark against large groups of smaller enemies.

why? when im in the mood and i do pve and there are shit load of mobs to tag.

i turn on auto target, i press f1 and 111 (in my case different cus of binds but w/e) so i got perma quickness and short bow bouncing all over place its nice! i have no problem with the little to no cast time tbh.

oye + that trait that makes ur marked target blow up or w/e for extra tagging when it dies lovely! tho i barely ever pve so it might not be good but im loving it