Are you tired of the pls nerf threads? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are you tired of the pls nerf threads?

Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

They come in many ways, often disguised and seemingly reasonable but in the end, they want X class/ ability nerf or Y class/ ability nerf. This isn't to say that nerfs are never warranted just that there seems to be so many and really just based out of bias or an inability to overcome a particular amount of difficulty. Wouldn't it be better if people went to their own class forums and asked for buffs to deal with X,Y class/ ability or even advice from other players or am I just being insensitive to those that are struggling with personal viability or performance?

Are you tired of the pls nerf threads? 124 votes

Yes
48%
Tapioca.9062SidewayS.3789TheGrimm.5624Loosmaster.8263Grandark.8624Thundercleric.8912Ayrilana.1396Faaris.8013Skyrum.5483Dragana.1497Fatherbliss.4701Kylden Ar.3724Xstein.2187luizplayer.1250Arheundel.6451Kovu.7560Kaiser.9873Blood Red Arachnid.2493linamaria.1830bOTEB.1573 60 votes
No
51%
Jski.6180derd.6413Svarty.8019Vlad Morbius.1759Stand The Wall.6987xikira.3264jul.7602Mini Crinny.6190Blockhead Magee.3092Nimrod.9240ArchonWing.9480Kiroshima.8497LetoII.3782sephiroth.4217Opal.9324ArthurDent.9538EremiteAngel.9765Reverence.6915BadMed.3846noot.8641 64 votes

Comments

• Yes

90% of the time "nerf x" threads are started off by people that don't know what they're talking about and want things changed specifically so that their personal non-optimal play style benefits from it. That's what I've noticed.

• zaswer.5246zaswer.5246 Member ✭✭
    No

But that doesnt mean we should delete all the threads about nerfs .
    I have also seen people like that and sometimes the answers were not better .

No

Its just... I think we all should calm down and diacuss things with the right way if someone is being too full of him/herself well just tell a mod to 'mute ' them and thats all

No

I dont know...
    If they re talking without knowledge i think its good to tell them why theyre wrong and that way they get better as players .
    But on the other hand its true that a lot of posts about nerfs are annoying...its like a deadend i dont know how could it be solved.
    (But isnt it gteat to discuss things calmly and politely?)

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭
    No

People get their post deleted if they discuss matchups so what else is there to talk about?

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Ye, please nerf all threads. Threads are OP.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Although those threads are a bit childish, they are "feedback." Good changes need feedback, positive and negative.

On the other hand, the threads are a good way to find out if the criticism is justified. If you know your class well and see someone else, asking the developers to nerf it, you are free to join the discussion and state your point of view. If it is just someone complaining that he lost a fight, the arguments can be easily neutralized. Sometimes the topic creator has a strange point of view or misconception about how a certain skill really works. So you can contribute your knowledge and experience.

Sometimes things are over performing, balancing classes is by far the most difficult job in the staff. Mistakes are made. If that is the case, it is good to know as much as possible about the problem. The more people contribute their experiences, the easier it is to determine the root of the problem.

The forums exist for us to discuss about the content. We give feedback, ideas and suggestions to make future content better. Opposite to the common misconception, the forums are read by the staff. They act and react according to our behavior here. They also read reddit and use a few more social media platforms. But writing on these boards has a purpose and is intended by ANet.

Share your ideas, opinions, experiences and thoughts. Contribute your part to make GW2 better.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

what else would we talk about?

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Lady Celtaine.3760Lady Celtaine.3760 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2019
    Yes

Yes. After years of nerf after nerf after nerf after nerf ad nauseum it's clear that balance isn't out because prof A needs another nerf it's out because prof B is in dire need of a buff to bring it up to level status.
    If we all become "OP" nobody will be. Or some other paraphrasing from the Incredibles.
    Because it looks like it's that or we continue to get everything nerfed into the ground so we all do 0 damage and just sit there hoping to bore eachother to death.
    Sounds like hyperbole but this is why I don't do PvP or WvW anymore, it's a continuous mess all the time we solve one issue just to create another. Evidently, because we're still having more or less the same conversations 6 years later.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2019
    No

We're not allowed to talk about anything else.
    and i get so lonely -_-

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

YES! If you think another spec is sooo OP, just play it yourself. :neutral:

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes. ltp ltp ltp

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

• GaijinGuy.8476GaijinGuy.8476 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

I said yes because most of them are just “omg kitten I just got one shot plz nerf x”
    The posts that have legitimate reasoning behind them are great but are few and far between.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the threads. The justifications listed for some specs that are equally as cheesy and devoid of skill as previous specs that received complaints...really brings to light which dirty little secrets players have hiding in their arsenal.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Even if it's true; overall damage in game is way to high, downstate is meeh balanced, warclaw is utter kitten to have add.

And to be fair i think the game is too toxic to play, yesterday i got jumper on my zealot-geared(mainly) firebrand because hé thought i was minstrel (also explains the overall to high damage)

Since matchup threads are not allowed
    I wonder whats left lol

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

I'm all for nerfing everything. Everyone barehanded in their underwear sounds like a fight worth having . . .

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@DeceiverX.8361 said:
    The powercreep is real. Can people not see this?

Maybe there would be fewer threads if there was even some semblance of balance in the game and combat didn't feel like glorified Rock Paper Scissors.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

the solution to all of this is polymock arena.
    pure balance.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Then what else would we laugh at? They banned MU threads.... we need a good laugh.

• No

Balance threads are in every single PvP/MOBA/Arena type game ever. Deal with it.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

There are a lot of game braking effects that hard counter a few classes. The less effects like this the better for the game in no way should ppl be fearful of posting these problems.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019
    Yes

YEEEESSSS!!!!

Now this is coming mainly from a sPvP perspective, not a WvW one. I was just strolling around and found this thread.
    This also doesn't mean that other specs don't need to be nerfed down.
    However, with that said, weather or not some specs need to be nerfed down wasn't the question, it was weather or not nerf threads should be created or created so frequently to the point we are tired of them.
    99% of people who call for a class to get nerfed don't know or can't distinguish weather or not it is OP vs weather or not they just simply got out played.

In sPvP it is fairly easy to see what classes are OP in tournaments and on the leaders boards.
    However, are you not in the top 50 or so on the leaderboards or placing in tournaments?
    Then don't complain, because you may have lost because you simply got outplayed.
    Don't complain about a class unless you have the data to back it up, Even if you are a popular streamer, plain and simple.

If you are worried about power creep, create power creep threads, not Nerf X class threads.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

please buff anti toxin more.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I will agree to your point that many nerf threads are started by people who don't know the class, or how to fight it....But that also doesn't mean that they are wrong about the class needing to be worked on, they are just wrong about how/why.

Also, your suggestion on they should ask for buffs to their own class.....NO. No, no, no and no, that is power creep, and we have enough of that, we don't need more people asking for it, people already complain about time to kill, buffing all other classes to come up to the same over performing level as whatever build of the day it is, will only make that worse. We already have power creep to the point one shot builds are possible, and while they may not be that hard to deal with from a good player, they do not help the game mode or balance.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭
    No

"If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" George Orwell
    That being said people need to have conclusive proof which includes what they are equip t with what buffs were being used including any deficits the one making the claim has. Can't stand these videos and posts of damage that show absolutely nothing but single sided bias with out substantial evidence to back up a claim.

• SlateSloan.3654SlateSloan.3654 Member ✭✭✭

the nerf threads are done by people in a moment of emotion cause they just lost a match against someone. its their way to feel better not to have bad skill themselves. anet should bann the account of these nonsense complainers for 3 days. i mean game not forum account.

And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:
    I will agree to your point that many nerf threads are started by people who don't know the class, or how to fight it....But that also doesn't mean that they are wrong about the class needing to be worked on, they are just wrong about how/why.

This is something I can somewhat also agree on - in general there is a lack of interest in people wanting to improve and know things in & out. But there is also something to say when things need some obvious work on. Now the ratio of people who just want to complain because something killed them vs "there is a real problem here" is probably high lol, but there is legitimacy when topics are brought up.

• spectrito.8513spectrito.8513 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Nerf is absolutely needed, there's plenty of work to do.

However when Anet wants to nerf something, more often than not they screw core classes in order to adress the powercreep of elite specs and this is just wrong.

• XatraZaytrax.2601XatraZaytrax.2601 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Not really. Then again just because a thread exists doesn't mean I have to read it, agree with it or acknowledge it. I agree with some people on here that at least it can open a dialogue to see if the complaint has merit.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Wow 50/50... That’s some balance!!!!

Could the devs take some of it and do a clever iteration process on balance and clever gameplay??

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Id rather have "nerf" threads then "buff" threads.
    In the end the degs will listen and buff everything, further increasing powercreep.
    So yes pls more nerf this or that threads, nerfing everything is the only way to fight powercreep

Simply Buffing stuff, like op suggested, is a terrible idea imo

• Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019
    No

These are going to continue to be a necessary tool so long as reasonable balance and utility of classes is not being achieved. Just look at the state of the balance today, soul beast one shooting classes with 25k plus health, FB surviving 5 people attacking them at the same time, scourge zergs bleeding down entire groups. What offends most people is that they get zero feedback or acknowledgement that there are issues, and these balance issues remain that way for months at a time!

• godofcows.2451godofcows.2451 Member ✭✭✭
    No

pls nerf.......

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No, nerf sustain btw...

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Buff Warrior

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Yes players are bad and don't understand the game but so is the balance team.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.