No Melee Spots — Guild Wars 2 Forums

No Melee Spots

Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

There was another post about no port spots and kiting points in pvp, and that is fully covered here: https://www.godsofpvp.net/guides/getting-started/introduction-r1/ in the map section

Is there any similar content to thse about no melee spots?

Comments

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What exactly is it that you are looking for here? Try to explain what you think of as a no-melee spot.

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2019

    Im guessing you're looking
    For perches on the map to range from with no melee interference?

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2019

    theres no such thing as a no melee spot. a lot of melee (all aoe) will even hit thru walls.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    theres no such thing as a no melee spot. a lot of melee (all aoe) will even hit thru walls.

    There are vertical spots that could be called no melee I suppose. Braziers on mid in Temple comes to mind.

    Statues on mid in Forest, sides on forest.

    ~ God Tier Guardian

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    theres no such thing as a no melee spot. a lot of melee (all aoe) will even hit thru walls.

    There are vertical spots that could be called no melee I suppose. Braziers on mid in Temple comes to mind.

    Statues on mid in Forest, sides on forest.

    This was my initial assumption.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

    @rng.1024 said:
    What exactly is it that you are looking for here? Try to explain what you think of as a no-melee spot.

    I was watching grimjacks stream, and he was up in the fences at waterfall (legacy of foefire), and he couldnt get hit by the warrior.

    I think he even used this term "no melee spots" to describe that spot, sometimes you get into certain height that you can't be hit by some melee skills, and those spots aren't that high, some is just one jump away, like a small box, or that fence.

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019

    @Khalisto.5780 said:

    @rng.1024 said:
    What exactly is it that you are looking for here? Try to explain what you think of as a no-melee spot.

    I was watching grimjacks stream, and he was up in the fences at waterfall (legacy of foefire), and he couldnt get hit by the warrior.

    I think he even used this term "no melee spots" to describe that spot, sometimes you get into certain height that you can't be hit by some melee skills, and those spots aren't that high, some is just one jump away, like a small box, or that fence.

    Ah yes, these are usually lumped in with the kiting spots term, however different attacks have different range and height parameters meaning different spots will only work against some attacks because the terrain blocking also comes in different sizes.

    I do remember however one example of what you mention on forest, where you can walk outside the fence at the mid node and while technically in range, enemies can't hit you.

    If you want extensive info on the pvp maps regarding kite spots, jumping puzzles, no port spots and no line of sight spots - Wooden Potatoes has assembled a marker pack using the Taco overlay which you can download and use, it shows you in real time what the spot is categorized as, difficulty of use and more.

    Here's a link to his video on it, further information should be easy to aquire (as I haven't gotten around to download it myself yet) from his channel:

    He also uses these spots constantly in his "Game of the Day" playlist, showcasing it's use (no melee, no port, projectile denial, secret and so forth) whenever he utilizes them. Quality gameplay and great commentary, very worthwhile to watch if you are interested in the finer aspects of PvP as a gamemode.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.