[SOLVED] Endless Bonus Box Tonic, where is it?

I feel like there must be an easy answer to this question, but darned if I can find it. I received an Endless Bonus Box Tonic this morning as part of the Community Goal Reward: Tier 5. Also received all the other rewards too. But after I clicked "Deposit All Materials" in my inventory, it vanished. Where did it go? It's not in the bank, it's not in any bags or on any characters. You can't salvage it nor sell it, so I couldn't have done that and wouldn't have anyway. It's not in my Novelties tab. When I use GW2efficiency to search my whole account, it's not there. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

It doesn't look like GW2E and maybe the API has caught up with the new item yet. I have it on a character and GW2E doesn't find it yet when I do an account search. When I look at my character's inventory in GW2E it shows as a box with a "?" and doesn't say what it is when I mouse over it. If I use the "copy item name" option it just says "unidentified". So I guess it will take a bit for GW2E to update with it.

Edited for clarity.

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:It doesn't look like GW2E and maybe the API has caught up with the new item yet. I have it on a character and GW2E doesn't find it yet when I do an account search. When I look at my character's inventory in GW2E it shows as a box with a "?" and doesn't say what it is when I mouse over it. If I use the "copy item name" option it just says "unidentified". So I guess it will take a bit for GW2E to update with it.

Edited for clarity.

Thanks for your original post and the edited one. Honestly, at this point I wonder if I was clicking too fast and accidentally deleted it before I deposited all my materials. That sounds like something stoopit I'd do in the a.m. before enough coffee. TY again.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:It doesn't look like GW2E and maybe the API has caught up with the new item yet. I have it on a character and GW2E doesn't find it yet when I do an account search. When I look at my character's inventory in GW2E it shows as a box with a "?" and doesn't say what it is when I mouse over it. If I use the "copy item name" option it just says "unidentified". So I guess it will take a bit for GW2E to update with it.

Edited for clarity.

Thanks for your original post and the edited one. Honestly, at this point I wonder if I was clicking too fast and accidentally deleted it before I deposited all my materials. That sounds like something stoopit I'd do in the a.m. before enough coffee. TY again.

Stuff like that happens sometimes. I have started working on crafting Astralaria and the other day after being tired from doing a ton of HoT metas I finished Dragon's Stand and saw I had enough currency to buy what I thought I needed for the legendary form the vendor at the end. I just read "used for legendary" and bought it. Well it turned out it was a Gift of the Pact for crafting legendary armor. I'll never even come close to even thinking about crafting legendary armor since I'm too old and slow to do raids. 250 of each HoT map currency blown haha.

Anyway back on topic. I just logged in but I can't tell what rarity the tonic is to see if it would prompt to type an item name before deleting due to my color vision issues. So I didn't test it by trying to delete to find out. If you did end up deleting it support can probably get you another one if you submit a ticket. It seems they are running a bit behind these days so it might take a bit to get an answer from them.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

Stuff like that happens sometimes. I have started working on crafting Astralaria and the other day after being tired from doing a ton of HoT metas I finished Dragon's Stand and saw I had enough currency to buy what I thought I needed for the legendary form the vendor at the end. I just read "used for legendary" and bought it. Well it turned out it was a Gift of the Pact for crafting legendary armor. I'll never even come close to even thinking about crafting legendary armor since I'm too old and slow to do raids. 250 of each HoT map currency blown haha.

Anyway back on topic. I just logged in but I can't tell what rarity the tonic is to see if it would prompt to type an item name before deleting due to my color vision issues. So I didn't test it by trying to delete to find out. If you did end up deleting it support can probably get you another one if you submit a ticket. It seems they are running a bit behind these days so it might take a bit to get an answer from them.

You rock, partly for helping me and partly for reassuring me that I'm not the only one who is, has been, and can very easily be a victim of SUE (Stupid User Error). Not calling you stupid, if you know what I mean. The wiki says the tonic is Exotic, which really makes me doubt I'd delete it, but I've done worse things in the game. Maybe I saw the icon, which looks the same as that for a real bonus box, and double-clicked it, and then.... ????

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

You rock, partly for helping me and partly for reassuring me that I'm not the only one who is, has been, and can very easily be a victim of SUE (Stupid User Error). Not calling you stupid, if you know what I mean. The wiki says the tonic is Exotic, which really makes me doubt I'd delete it, but I've done worse things in the game. Maybe I saw the icon, which looks the same as that for a real bonus box, and double-clicked it, and then.... ????

It is exotic. It also doesn't look like a tonic - I kept clicking on it waiting for my bonus box loot til i realised my character was actually now a box...

Anyway, it's safely uploaded now to my novelties tab under permanent tonics

I'm glad you found it eventually. :) (Also I didn't realise the deposit button could add things to the novelties tab, I'll have to try and remember that in future.)

@Randulf.7614 said:It is exotic. It also doesn't look like a tonic - I kept clicking on it waiting for my bonus box loot til i realised my character was actually now a box...

I did the same thing. I hadn't read the announcement in that much detail so I didn't know we'd get a tonic, I just opened the mail, saw a box, double clicked it, wondered why it didn't work, wondered why I couldn't move, realised my character is now a box.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm glad you found it eventually. :) (Also I didn't realise the deposit button could add things to the novelties tab, I'll have to try and remember that in future.)

@"Randulf.7614" said:It is exotic. It also doesn't look like a tonic - I kept clicking on it waiting for my bonus box loot til i realised my character was actually now a box...

I did the same thing. I hadn't read the announcement in that much detail so I didn't know we'd get a tonic, I just opened the mail, saw a box, double clicked it, wondered why it didn't work, wondered why I couldn't move, realised my character is now a box.