Recent PvP Queuing Instability — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Recent PvP Queuing Instability

edited June 8, 2019 in PVP

Hey everyone. Just wanted to put up a quick note that we are actively investigating the issue with getting stuck unable to queue up for PvP matches. This bug is something that would come up occasionally in the past.

A bit of simplified explanation: For a currently unknown reason, players are sometimes not removed from the roster (group) they were in during a PvP match. Then, when you try to queue up, the system sees that you're in an active roster and decides to do nothing. As this used to be somewhat rare, we created some scripts that comb the system looking for old rosters and clear them out, which would fix the problem. These scripts can only be run so often and against rosters of a certain age, since the automated tournament system keeps players in the same roster for longer periods and we don't want to destroy those rosters.

In the last 2-3 weeks, the frequency of this bug has gone up dramatically and we're not sure why, though we have some thoughts on ways to work around it. We're currently in the process of building some additional logging to further help us track down the issue.

We understand that this is extremely frustrating, it is for us as well. We'll keep you updated as we get more information.

Ben Phongluangtham
Game Designer
Reddit: ANET_BenP
Twitch: AnetBenP

Tagged:

Comments

• insane.7506insane.7506 Member ✭✭

Ty Ben for communication .

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

Well, after 2 weeks or so Anet has finally acknowledged the problem exists. It's something, I guess.

Falásya / Caissech

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about Balance and PvP changes

• Leeches.7126Leeches.7126 Member ✭✭

@Falan.1839 said:
    Well, after 2 weeks or so Anet has finally acknowledged the problem exists. It's something, I guess.

27e0209769be6ffc61a3edf05378516b.jpg

meanwhile i'll just stare at this screen for approaching 6 hours now

• Leeches.7126Leeches.7126 Member ✭✭

please fix my account its been bugged since 4.30 its now 11pm. I keep checking every few hours and its still broken. Is this just my account from now on? If so can i get a refund for everything?

• Sorem.9157Sorem.9157 Member ✭✭✭

As much as i appreciate that it is at least acknowledged now, it is too late. The fact that it took over two weeks for this to be even mentioned by a developer, considering it ruined the end of the season for a significant number of people is still blatantly disrespectful and absurd.

Despite the many awesome and wonderful things ArenaNet does in different areas, 0/10 on the way your team has managed this issue, with zero regards to ArenaNet's consumers.

Personally, i'm offended by the way the community was threated, considering i have invested money, have brought people in and have spent over 6000 hours into this game myself.

Shame.

• OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭

Yes. A horrible way to end season 16 and prevented many players from obtaining those legend titles for the last time.

• Deus Fatorum.2473Deus Fatorum.2473 Member ✭✭✭

@Leeches.7126 said:

@Falan.1839 said:

27e0209769be6ffc61a3edf05378516b.jpg

meanwhile i'll just stare at this screen for approaching 6 hours now

Got same bug, map select frozen on my screen as well.

Full Counter is supposed to counter everything, why else is it called FULL Counter... Just like 100 blades should really hit 100 times so you instantly die to retaliation.

• SlateSloan.3654SlateSloan.3654 Member ✭✭✭

right now alot players got the bug that the button to go in queue not react. is like skill lag in wvw, you press the skill but nothing happens.

• im stuck and cannot queue

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

@Leeches.7126 said:
    please fix my account its been bugged since 4.30 its now 11pm. I keep checking every few hours and its still broken. Is this just my account from now on? If so can i get a refund for everything?

You (and anybody else in your situation) won't get any refund most likely, but you can open a ticket to be able to queue again, despite it will take some days to get addressed due to Support response times.

• MissCee.1295MissCee.1295 Member ✭✭
    edited June 12, 2019

Great start to the season, being unable to even queue for PVP. This needs to be fixed asap!

UPDATE: If you create/join a squad, then leave, it should "reset" & you can queue for matches again. Worked for me & several others who were in pvp lobby together.

• Synco.8203Synco.8203 Member ✭✭

Yeh, same issue here....

Seems a bulk of us have had this happen at the same time - I was playing several matches prior and all of a sudden I could not cue for the next. Funny enough it came after a 501 to 499 victory if this information is of any use.

My gut feeling is that this is some intentional sabotage "trick" that few players know - that is, they get salty for losing a match and do "something" that locks everyone else in that roster and unable to cue. The only variable between matches is different players, and the rarity of occurrences suggests it might be player behavior causing it.

I don't know for certain, but maybe they terminate their internet connection during final scoreboard or something.... i got no idea, but I would be thinking along these lines. Anyway, hope it's fixed soon.

Cheers

• @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to put up a quick note that we are actively investigating the issue with getting stuck unable to queue up for PvP matches. This bug is something that would come up occasionally in the past.

A bit of simplified explanation: For a currently unknown reason, players are sometimes not removed from the roster (group) they were in during a PvP match. Then, when you try to queue up, the system sees that you're in an active roster and decides to do nothing. As this used to be somewhat rare, we created some scripts that comb the system looking for old rosters and clear them out, which would fix the problem. These scripts can only be run so often and against rosters of a certain age, since the automated tournament system keeps players in the same roster for longer periods and we don't want to destroy those rosters.

In the last 2-3 weeks, the frequency of this bug has gone up dramatically and we're not sure why, though we have some thoughts on ways to work around it. We're currently in the process of building some additional logging to further help us track down the issue.

We understand that this is extremely frustrating, it is for us as well. We'll keep you updated as we get more information.

Give the bug dishonored stacks for queue dodging.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• What a f*cking joke... Not only am i locked out of PvP, the "Map results" overlay is preventing my from doing everything in the game. Can't even switch to some PvE. This is absolutely rediculous for a "professional" company as ArenaNet/NCSoft...

• Remixex.2089Remixex.2089 Member ✭✭

Yeah I'm stuck :( Cannot click ranked or unranked queues

• Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

@MissCee.1295 said:
    UPDATE: If you create/join a squad, then leave, it should "reset" & you can queue for matches again. Worked for me & several others who were in pvp lobby together.

Try this, people. Sounds like a much faster workaround than waiting for Anet to squash the bug.

• Legacy.7360Legacy.7360 Member ✭✭

This work around is not working. I've been joining groups from LFGs and leaving several times, nada.

• I've been experiencing the issue off and on for a few weeks now. It's incredibly annoying.
    Before it would work again after a few hours, but now I've been stuck being unable to queue for nearly 12 hours.

• FIX, Hi guys, i fixed my bug by joining one of the "brawls", after the game it seems to working fine to join ranked/unraked again.

• @Herrmann.5024 said:
    FIX, Hi guys, i fixed my bug by joining one of the "brawls", after the game it seems to working fine to join ranked/unraked again.

Update, it only worked once, sorry, now im back to unqueueable.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.