Recent PvP Queuing Instability - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Recent PvP Queuing Instability

2>

Comments

• Ouk.5914Ouk.5914 Member ✭✭

12 hours. Took 12 hours for me to be allowed into a Q again and ONLY reason im allowed to play currently is because i was able to join a team for the Tournament.

PLEASE get this kitten fix.

• jezebel.7054jezebel.7054 Member ✭✭

The only thing that worked for me was exiting to desktop for a bit then logging back on. I don't know if the length of time logged off makes a difference.
    Thank you for the feedback Anet. Some of us recognize that we cannot just assume you are doing nothing.

• Lascax.2163Lascax.2163 Member ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

Thank you for the explanation. For those into techs like me this is a very interesting post you've made. Most Devs usually avoid the technical explanation after a fix, so I want you to know that when it comes it's highly appreciated.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well done! Thanks for the update. :)

• Neftex.7594Neftex.7594 Member ✭✭

does that mean that now when one gateway fails, all the messaging will go overload another gateway and another gateway after and another...

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

@Robert Neckorcuk II.6193 said:
    ...or a network can disconnect (more common than you think).

A disconnect? In my network?

It's more likely than you think!

(Seriously though, thanks for all the work to fix the issue as well as the open communication/explanation)

• Great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to fill us in on something that many people wouldn't bother to explain.

Now, on to the important question... How in the heck is your last name pronounced? I can't decide if the emphasis should be on the 2nd syllable, or it's a double emphasis on the 1st and 3rd syllables, or if it's something else.

• MakubeC.3026MakubeC.3026 Member ✭✭✭

Really appreciate these technical talks. Good thing it is now resolved! Thanks.

• @Boris Losdindawoods.3098 said:
    Now, on to the important question... How in the heck is your last name pronounced? I can't decide if the emphasis should be on the 2nd syllable, or it's a double emphasis on the 1st and 3rd syllables, or if it's something else.

The original spelling (and the inflection marks) have been altered/removed, but it's pronounced as 'neck-or-chuck', I usually add emphasis on the 'or', but sometimes my dad or uncle will stress the 'Neck'.

@Neftex.7594 said:
    does that mean that now when one gateway fails, all the messaging will go overload another gateway and another gateway after and another...

This was an item we looked at when testing the fix. At the current traffic levels, we saw no measurable difference. Because the Gateways are essentially just routers, if we do start to see a large uptick in messages sent, the impact would be slightly increased latency for object data/state updates. If things become measurably slower, there is always the option of getting beefier hardware and/or a larger software change where rosters and other objects would have knowledge of their specific gateway connection, and would update the backing service if and when their gateway connection changes.

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'll have to keep digging into interesting bugs and writing them up for you all!

Robert Neckorcuk
    Server Programmer

• Ari.4672Ari.4672 Member ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

Well I was doing PvP and now can't get into a game after 3 matches - ranked or unranked it just does nothing. This new build tonight done wonders for it :(

• PvP queue issue is back again~~

• Just happened :/

• I've written similar explanations and this is a very good write-up, thank you for sharing.

Is the messaging service SNS, something else, or proprietary?

• x Charlie.4820x Charlie.4820 Member
    edited July 21, 2019

Is it possible that the UI for the map selection screen can be pushed to the side and shrunk?

This would allow us to continue to play other parts of the game when this bug occurs.

Currently when encountering this you are forced to stop playing.

• Can´t play PVP!! bugs bugs and more bugs!

• Im stuck in queue help

• Im stuck in the queue please help me get out of it as the screen blocks most of the content

• Koen.1327Koen.1327 Member ✭✭✭

this starts happening nearly every day now - for me 3 days ago, yesterday and on top of the cake today map results screens blocks everything on all characters and no way to get a rid of it and can't play anything.

now the patch notes say "Bug Fix - Fixed a server crash.", but it's almost as if a server crash was implemented

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.